Staff of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge 1: Ending Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@ Dman. Agreed. But when they do get help, I would hope that they would do so with the best interests of George in mind, not his fathers. If William still wants a relationship with Jesse Webb, all he need do is invite her for tea.

William and Kate,with the advice of people like Sofie and other society mom friends and relatives who know their stuff, will pick the caregiver who best suits both georges AND their needs.I don't see a 20 something hotty totty nanny with little experince who will be tabloid/photog bait and young or naive enough to be tempted to betray the families trust for money or attention.If Webb is not happening, a middle aged person who has worked in those circles for awhile and is trusted and recommended is a good choice I think.

@amaryllus, we grapple with ghosts, given the source of this latest royal tidbit. However, to rebut, not all twenty-somethings are vacuous, promiscuous and greedy attention-seekers. Some are decent, capable and discrete. Thats what interviews are for, to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Nevertheless, I am inclined to agree with your view that some experience is a bonus...as are good references. But 31 or even 41 is more suitable than 71, IMO.

The way I see it is that when William and Kate interview for a nanny, its almost as if they are looking for someone to join them as a member of their family especially as they are going to be entrusting the care of their most precious bundle of joy to another person.

Not only experience will be needed but also someone very trustworthy that will get along with all of the family... including Lupo.

By George, Osipi, I couldn't have put it any better...but fingers crossed, someone considerably younger than Jesse Webb.

Jesse might make a fine occasional sitter, someone to fill in if nanny-in-chief comes down with the flu, but the main hired caregiver will hopefully be young, vigorous, intelligent and agreeable to all.--I said hired to distinguish her from Will and Kate, whom I hope will be far more hands-on than any of their predecessors.

This business of the need for a nanny might be hard for Kate to swallow since she was raised by her Mum and Dad. It thus seems to me that whoever is hired must be someone Kate trusts, instinctively.

At the risk of annoying members on this board, IMO, neither Diana nor Charles were particularly good parents, for the simple reason that neither had experienced good parenting...nor has William. But Kate has; hence I hope that Kate will have the last word, when it comes to hiring a nanny, for the sake of both George and the monarchy.

It would be utterly delightful to have a future king who is not dysfunctional. And it would be a first, IMO. That is what Kate brings to the table, if allowed.

I would not say C&D were bad parents at all....They did try the best they could in their different ways to show attention, affection and guide them; Because they both had emotional problems they made mistakes like every well meaning parent.But being sent to school so young for much of the year and the ensuing chaos and drama that occurred later hampered them.

Anyway,I still go with the opinion a well recommended oldish nanny with many years of experience will eventually be chosen.

Since Kate is thankfully no Diana or Fergie to rock the boat, rebel, Etc. she will make a wise decision that works for her peace of mind, George's well being and still keep things sufficiently Windsor traditional. Hopefully.

Last edited:
@Amaryllus. They were bad parents, IMO. Diana was a histrionic, who was desperate enuf to spill her romantic encounters to poor William. Charles, bereft of anything remotely resembling good parenting himself--well, suffice it to say that a good parent does not spend his weekends bonking his mistress at Birkhall whilst his teenage sons are grieving the death of their mother.

Both Charles and Diana were selfish. Yes, I think they both, in their variously dysfunctional ways, TRIED. And they failed, rather spectacularly.

I go with the opinion that a recommended, youngish nanny, with a bit of experience would fill the bill.

Perhaps we should agree to disagree, when it comes to the age of said nanny.

One thing we have to keep in mind though when addressing Charles and Diana's methods of parenting is that they both were full time working royals. I'm not exactly sure where on the boards here it is but there was an article posted a few years ago which gave in detail what a day in the life of Charles was like. For the most part, when he is working, sometimes each hour of the day is scheduled from the time he wakes until the time he retires for the night. I can imagine that when Diana had duties to perform, it was the same for her. Engagements are planned months and sometimes a year in advance and I really don't see them having the option of calling in sick Sometimes 2 or 3 engagements in one day even. They didn't have a set 9-5 work routine.

Their methods of parenting had to be different than what most families use.

If they had failed that spectacularly neither William or Harry would be the men they are today. Yes, we'll see which kind of nanny soon enough so I'll agree to agree to disagree.

Yes, the schedules make normal family life almost impossible and real talk, as Kate gets closer to the thrown in several years she will have to adapt to that.

Last edited:
@Osipi, you are always one to pour soothing oil over troubled waters. I do despair tho at the thought that Will and Kate would be expected to carry on in the same manner as HMTQ and the POW. Call me crazy, but I want much better than the old template for them, and when I figure out an alternative, I won't hesitate to let you know.

@amaryllus, goodness gracious. William and Harry are whatever they may be DESPITE their poor parenting. Eton must have been a tremendous aid. There, they were away from the paps, away from their parents, and away from court.--Historically, amaryllis, the English and French courts were considered, amongst Europeans, the most corrupt, something to chew on.

I agree boarding school might have been a an escape of sorts but maintain both the parents did the best job they could and managed to instill many good things in the princes and established healthy relationships with them despite all turmoil and mistakes made. Again, we have to agree to disagree.

Wasnt this already "experimented" in BRF? Princess Anne brought her own nanny (the lady who practically raised her and her 3 brothers, dont remember her name..) for peter Phillips again..
But somehow it didnt work out right?
I am not for the idea of repeating a nanny for the next generation.
Things change, but all people ( a nanny) may not change.
Raising George will be far different from raising William..

For a very long time in aristocratic circles nanny was considered almost a member of the family to be brought back if she was available to raise successive generations. This is a lovely custom and very logical also.

Katherine will quickly learn, if she hasn't already... Her choice is

1. Cart George with her everywhere she goes...
2. Hire someone to look after George while she carries out Royal and non-royal activities.

@vkrish Exactly. My understanding is that Ms Anderson couldn't keep up with the physical demands, nor could she adjust to the much leaner set-up at Princess Annes country home. Lest we forget, when Mabel Anderson was in charge of Charles, he was assigned his first valet at the age of two. Ludicrous.

I have no doubt that Charles and Anne were very attached to Ms Anderson, but she was the wrong person for the job, one generation on.

Rebecca is going to get mad at people ogling her Nick :)

Since no-one has posted the obvious, I guess someone should. Jesse Webb it is; she was papped with Kate and George at a rest-stop/MacDonalds on or about Sept. 9.

However, I have since read, in HELLO magazine--Canadian version--that Jesse is something of a part-time, stop-gap measure, and that the plan is to replace her with another nanny once the position becomes full-time.

With any luck, the story is true.

Today--Oct.10, Cdn time--I carried out my usual monthly check-in with The Guardian; I follow the old adage that it is wise to keep your friends close and your enemies closer--and ran across an article by Tanya Gold, rabid republican, in which she stated categorically that, and I quote--

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge now employ a butler, a valet, and a nanny. End of quote.

Tanya somehow managed to overlook Antonella.

My question is, is there any truth to her assertion? I do hope so; IMO, the Duke is about as high maintenance as they come, and with a baby, a huge new apartment, another house to decorate, Anmer Hall, up-coming events, God knows the Duchess could use the help.

We have seen the housekeeper Antonella, Nanny Jessie and the Fijian orderly guy. That's all of the domestic staff that I know of. The papers are pretty good at trolling the royal household job vacancies. So if they advertised for a butler and valet , it would have probably been picked up.

They obviously have cleaning staff, managed by Antonella - she cant clean 20 rooms on her own

But still no dresser, no stylist, or maid.

Cepe. Ms Gold is a republican. Of course she was complaining about the cost of said help. And about a great deal more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom