The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-11-2013, 10:06 AM
Gentry

DM's changed its story now - I don't know if they're just repeating the Mirror or what.

'Help us look after royal baby': Kate and William ask his former nanny to care for Prince George | Mail Online

Old 08-11-2013, 10:29 AM
Heir Apparent

I know, it's mentioned a few posts earlier

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 08-11-2013, 10:41 AM
Nobility

With her there are no questions of leaked info, scandalous pasts, trashy tabloid stories about 'hot nannies', training, parental confidence...pretty much an ideal choice.
Old 08-11-2013, 10:32 PM
Courtier

According to Adam Heikler of the Express, Rebecca Deacon, Kate's private sec and Nick Loughran, Cambridges' asst press guy are romancing each other. The article in the paper didn't have facts supporting the claim other that they visited the hospital when Kate had the baby which they would have done as part of their jobs anyways.
Old 08-11-2013, 10:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
According to Adam Heikler of the Express, Rebecca Deacon, Kate's private sec and Nick Loughran, Cambridges' asst press guy are romancing each other. The article in the paper didn't have facts supporting the claim other that they visited the hospital when Kate had the baby which they would have done as part of their jobs anyways.
I think this story is a gross invasion of privacy. Neither of these 2 people are public figures or celebrities.

Old 08-11-2013, 11:59 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Great. Let's turn the Cambridge household into some Downton Abbey episode. We even have a baby George now.
Old 08-12-2013, 12:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post

Great. Let's turn the Cambridge household into some Downton Abbey episode. We even have a baby George now.
Given the way Downton likes to follow the birth of a child with the death of a parent let's hope that the Cambridges don't follow suit. I'm still torn up about the Downton deaths.
Old 08-12-2013, 11:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Loved the picture in this article of Diana and the boys at Thrope Park.
I agree the household sounds like Downton Abbey, but I hope not!
Old 08-12-2013, 11:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Household is nothing like Downton Abbey, esp if referring to the apparent romance. The royals don't have sway over their staff's private lives, and private is how they should stay.

Old 08-12-2013, 12:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well, I'm glad they've changed their minds about "not having a nanny."
Old 08-12-2013, 01:15 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
Have they? Or are you believing the Daily mail?
Old 08-12-2013, 01:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Have they? Or are you believing the Daily mail?
IMO, there is no winning on this one. The couple had never stated categorically that they were not getting a nanny ever. Nor can you believe the current stories that Wills' old nanny is being sought. It is reasonably safe to sat that most "working" mothers, or those that can afford it, will get some childcare, at the appropriate juncture. Catherine will be expected to attend public events, or spend time with her charities and staff, so it is only fair that she organise some childcare.
Old 08-12-2013, 01:41 PM
Courtier

Until we see the nanny with George, we don't know if it is true. We also don't know when Kate is going back to royal duties and what William is doing after he leaves RAF Valley. They are going to need someone to watch over their kids when they both have to be somewhere. But I do think the days when royals just let the nanny raise the kids is over.
Old 08-12-2013, 01:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Until we see the nanny with George, we don't know if it is true. We also don't know when Kate is going back to royal duties and what William is doing after he leaves RAF Valley. They are going to need someone to watch over their kids when they both have to be somewhere. But I do think the days when royals just let the nanny raise the kids is over.
Well we already know that. Sophie and Edward don't just let the nannies raise their children.
Old 08-12-2013, 02:09 PM
Majesty

I just hope the media don't make a big deal and fuss when there is a nanny around to help out with George. No one seems to make a big deal about the nanny the Wessex's have for their two and she's pictured with them on a regular bases. William & Catherine will need the help when they are on official duty. It's just expected.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 08-12-2013, 04:21 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
IMO, there is no winning on this one. The couple had never stated categorically that they were not getting a nanny ever. Nor can you believe the current stories that Wills' old nanny is being sought. It is reasonably safe to sat that most "working" mothers, or those that can afford it, will get some childcare, at the appropriate juncture. Catherine will be expected to attend public events, or spend time with her charities and staff, so it is only fair that she organise some childcare.

I agree. The only thing I'd ever read was that they would not hire a maternity nurse.
Old 08-12-2013, 04:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post

I agree. The only thing I'd ever read was that they would not hire a maternity nurse.
I wonder if that is true. I don't know how things work in the UK, but in my country the maternity nurse is there to take care of the mother and baby. To see if the mother is recovering well (does the bleeding lessen, is the womb getting smaller?) And to see if the baby is doing well (does if feed properly or is extra bottelfeeding needed, is it peeing/pooping enough and in the right colour?). These are all things Mrs. Middleton or any other non-nurse (like most of us) can't do.
Old 08-12-2013, 05:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLV View Post

I wonder if that is true. I don't know how things work in the UK, but in my country the maternity nurse is there to take care of the mother and baby. To see if the mother is recovering well (does the bleeding lessen, is the womb getting smaller?) And to see if the baby is doing well (does if feed properly or is extra bottelfeeding needed, is it peeing/pooping enough and in the right colour?). These are all things Mrs. Middleton or any other non-nurse (like most of us) can't do.
I think it's different in the UK. I did a google search and found this:

http://www.royalnannies.co.uk/maternity-nurses.html

To me that sounds like the maternity nurse' job is to take care of the newborn, provide support for the mother, and establish the routine. As Catherine has the support of her family instead she doesn't seem to really need a maternity nurse.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:08 AM
Courtier

I don't know if this is the right thread... But: have u noticed that the duchess of cambridge has a big scar on her left hand? I've noticed that when she toured scotland two days in early april with prince william and charles...it seems a bruise due to ironing... no sure
Old 08-13-2013, 09:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I don't know if this is the right thread... But: have u noticed that the duchess of cambridge has a big scar on her left hand? I've noticed that when she toured scotland two days in early april with prince william and charles...it seems a bruise due to ironing... no sure
If she is at all like me - it's from a curling iron and mine have all faded.

“The two important things I did learn were that you are as powerful and strong as you allow yourself to be, and that the most difficult part of any endeavor is taking the first step, making the first decision"Robyn Davidson