Staff of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge 1: Ending Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Duchess of Cambridge’s personal assistant Natasha Archer has been made a member of the Royal Victorian Order (MVO) by the Queen.

Ms Archer has the important role of helping with Kate’s style and has travelled around the world with the Cambridges on official tours to help co-ordinate her wardrobe.

Last edited:
The Shorenstein Center on Media, Politics and Public Policy, based at Harvard Kennedy School, is pleased to announce its Spring 2019 class of fellows.

“This group of journalists, media executives, and government officials brings an incredible depth of intellectual and professional experience to the Shorenstein Center at a time when the future of journalism is at a major crossroads,” says Center Director Nicco Mele. “I look forward to the research they will produce on topics ranging from race and gender in the American media to how we can strengthen the news business and ensure that journalism remains a force for democratic ideals around the world.”

Miguel Head spent the past decade as a senior advisor to the British Royal Family. He joined the Royal Household as Press Secretary to Prince William and Prince Harry before being appointed in 2012 as their youngest ever Chief of Staff. Previously, Head was Chief Press Officer at the UK Ministry of Defense, and worked for the Liberal Democrat party in the European Parliament. Born in Portugal, he is married to his husband, Rob, and lives in London. While at the Shorenstein Center, Head will do research into how social inequalities in Britain are fomenting the politics of division and how non-political leadership, working collaboratively with traditional and digital media, can play a role in bringing disparate communities together.

Read more: https://shorensteincenter.org/shorenstein-center-announces-spring-2019-fellows/

Congratulations to Miguel

Senior adviser to Cambridges and Sussexes stepping down after 10 years

The special adviser to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and the Duke and Duchess of Sussex is stepping down from his post.

Sir David Manning, 69, was received by the Queen at Buckingham Palace on Wednesday afternoon upon relinquishing his appointment, the Court Circular recorded.

The key aide joined William and Harry’s household a decade ago in 2009, when the brothers’ royal profile was growing, and he went on to mentor Kate and, more recently, Meghan.

Makes sense IMO for the future Prince/Princess of Wales and one day future King/Queen to have their own Household. I suspect the sharing between the Cambridge/Sussex couples was always intended to be somewhat temporary.

Makes sense IMO for the future Prince/Princess of Wales and one day future King/Queen to have their own Household. I suspect the sharing between the Cambridge/Sussex couples was always intended to be somewhat temporary.

splitting this household is inevitable. This household was created by Prince Charles for William and Harry long ago when they were both still single.

It makes sense to split it now.

In the next 5-8 years likely Charles will be king and William POW. Harry and Meghan will need their own household when the time comes. It makes sense to establish it now. They will still work together with the foundation, but they have their own roles and duties, and this will lay the path for that.

Christian is the staff member Meghan was seen having lunch with (in shock jeans). He used to work as a speech writer and communications secretary for the Brexit campaign before joining the royals.

Jason has quite the impressive resume, good choice. Five years in media positions with the government of NZ after London school of economics. Followed by time in HM treasury and 4 years with the Royal Bank of Scotland. He was poached from the bank in 2014 when Ed Perkins left royal work to work in public relations.

"It also reflects the harsh reality that William is the senior brother, who will one day be King.

Harry and Meghan might be the most dynamic and interesting couple in the Royal Family right now - but in terms of the British Monarchy, it's William who will now get the most support as he prepares to become the next Prince of Wales and future Sovereign."

Via Chris Ship ITV

Here's team Kensington Palace:

Jason Knauf, Special Advisor to TRH The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

Dr Simon Case CVO, Private Secretary to The Duke of Cambridge

Charlotte Jane Ingle, Executive Assistant to the Private Secretary to The Duke of Cambridge

Laura Baker, Assistant Private Secretary to The Duke of Cambridge

Lt Commander David Brannighan. Equerry to The Duke of Cambridge

Catherine Quinn, Private Secretary to The Duchess of Cambridge

Natalie Barrows, Assistant Private Secretary to The Duchess of Cambridge

Natasha Jackson, Personal Assistant to The Duchess of Cambridge

Christian Jones, Head Communications Secretary

Charlotte Poole, Laura King and Julie Burley, Communications Secretaries.

Last edited:
Here's team Kensington Palace:

Jason Knauf, Special Advisor to TRH The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

Dr Simon Case CVO, Private Secretary to The Duke of Cambridge

Charlotte Jane Ingle, Executive Assistant to the Private Secretary to The Duke of Cambridge

Laura Baker, Assistant Private Secretary to The Duke of Cambridge

Lt Commander David Brannighan. Equerry to The Duke of Cambridge

Catherine Quinn, Private Secretary to The Duchess of Cambridge

Natalie Barrows, Assistant Private Secretary to The Duchess of Cambridge

Natasha Jackson, Personal Assistant to The Duchess of Cambridge

Christian Jones, Head Communications Secretary

Charlotte Poole, Laura King and Julie Burley, Communications Secretaries.

interesting to see that the secretaries have their own secretaries (assistants) and also that they have a replacement in the form of assistant secretaries. ? love the stratified structures in royal courts ?

on other note, has anyone seen this picture of W&K and their team? not sure when it was taken. here's another picture of that event. taken some time ago, clearly, as rebecca is still there and catherine quinn isn't.

i can recognise nanny maria, amanda cook tucker, natasha archer, rebecca deacon. isn't the blonde lady on the left Amy Pickerill, meghan's PA? (although announced she was quitting not long ago). Sophie Agnew doesn't seem to be in the picture for some reason. did she also leave?

Last edited:
on other note, has anyone seen this picture of W&K and their team? not sure when it was taken. here's another picture of that event. taken some time ago, clearly, as rebecca is still there and catherine quinn isn't.

i can recognise nanny maria, amanda cook tucker, natasha archer, rebecca deacon. isn't the blonde lady on the left Amy Pickerill, meghan's PA? (although announced she was quitting not long ago). Sophie Agnew doesn't seem to be in the picture for some reason. did she also leave?

This was taken during their tour of Germany, so these are just people who traveled with them on this tour, including RPOs.

“Christian Jones was a key figure in the Department for Exiting the
European Union, leading the press team during David Davis and Dominic Raab’s tenure at the department. He was also a speechwriter for the
former Brexit Secretary David Davis.”

Some background on Kensington Palace's new Head of communications, Christian Jones.

Information via The Telegraph

Last edited:
According to the DM, Catherine's friend and the daughter of the 3rd Lord Strathalmond is filling in for Natasha Jackson.

"Her new adviser is Virginia Chadwyck-Healey, an aristocratic 36-year-old former editor at Vogue magazine.

Known as Ginnie, she is an old friend of Prince William and Kate, and attended their wedding at Westminster Abbey in 2011.

‘Ginnie is Catherine’s secret weapon,’ a royal source tells me. ‘She has made a big difference to the Duchess’s wardrobe for public engagements and has helped give her a whole new sense of confidence.

‘Catherine has been really impressed and is very grateful for her help.’

Ginnie is the daughter of the 3rd Lord Strathalmond and has two daughters, Nancy, four, and Maggie, two, with her Old Etonian husband, Oliver Chadwyck-Healey.

Ginnie and Ollie were at St Andrews University with William and Kate, and both women studied history of art."

Last edited:
Cambridges looking for a new staff ember

5d7b0a1416c861c95478468a6181ec663635b3b1.jpg

Last edited:
Not surprised, I always found she was over qualified for the position. Its the type of position that you can use as a stepping stone in your career (unless you decide to be a lifer but even then you'd likely move up to other roles in the royal household). Being basically Kate's lady in waiting, for a woman with Catherine's resume, seemed a mismatch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not surprised, I always found she was over qualified for the position.
I think actually she was not the right fit... Look at Gabriella Sancisi... I don't feel like she is over-qualified for Queen Máxima.

I hope Catherine gets her replacement from the diplomatic corps or more broadly the civil service. Ms Quinn had more of a financial/educational sector background and I believe a future PoW and QoE needs someone with a more policy/diplomatic background. Although people love to forget it, King & Queen are unelected political figures with real political soft power. The UK just do it behind the scene while Denmark, Netherlands, Sweden & co acknowledge it more openly... (e.g bringing delegations on tour, showing pictures of meeting with cabinet members etc)

I think actually she was not the right fit... Look at Gabriella Sancisi... I don't feel like she is over-qualified for Queen Máxima.

I hope Catherine gets her replacement from the diplomatic corps or more broadly the civil service. Ms Quinn had more of a financial/educational sector background and I believe a future PoW and QoE needs someone with a more policy/diplomatic background. Although people love to forget it, King & Queen are unelected political figures with real political soft power. The UK just do it behind the scene while Denmark, Netherlands, Sweden & co acknowledge it more openly... (e.g bringing delegations on tour, showing pictures of meeting with cabinet members etc)

I tend to agree with most of this. I always thought she was an odd fit. Catherine Quinn is undoubtedly a very accomplished woman, but her background didn't seem quite right for the position she was undertaking, and I can see why either she or the Duchess or both decided that it might be time to move on. It also seems to me that there has been a distinct shift in the Cambridge's activities, and that might have some bearing on the timing of this departure.

I don't think there is anything untoward going on. Catherine was always seen as overly qualified in many ways and didn't come from the usual civil service/diplomatic route. I think she has done a good job in getting The Duchess more confident in her role, taking on more hands on things, including a lot behind the scenes of charities it seems.

I believe when it says she wants to go back to charity work and to go part time.

Kate Middleton's private secretary quits her post after two years working for the future queen
Oxford-educated Catherine Quinn has been Kate's private secretary since 2017
She has been instrumental in helping Kate develop her ‘early years’ project
Miss Quinn has now decided to quit the role in search of new challenges

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...uits-post-two-years-working-future-queen.html

yes, i was unsure of catherine quinn's background for this role, but clearly she has helped kate over these 2 years. rebecca deacon herself would probably not be the background for this role (and didn't have catherine quinn's credentials), yet she did a good job and kate is fond of her, so you just never know.

i wonder who will be her next PA.

in the last article, i saw that sophie agnew was also made redundant, i didn't know this:

This comes after one of Kate's most loyal aides Sophie Agnew was made redundant last month.

Ms Agnew was put in charge of the Duchess's personal assistants and had worked for Kate for seven years.

She joined the couple on their 2014 trip to Australia and New Zealand and was often seen accompanying the Royals on their international trips.

Last edited:
Comments about the Sussexes have been deleted. Please stick to the actual topic.

yes, i was unsure of catherine quinn's background for this role, but clearly she has helped kate over these 2 years. rebecca deacon herself would probably not be the background for this role (and didn't have catherine quinn's credentials), yet she did a good job and kate is fond of her, so you just never know.

i wonder who will be her next PA.

in the last article, i saw that sophie agnew was also made redundant, i didn't know this:

This comes after one of Kate's most loyal aides Sophie Agnew was made redundant last month.

Ms Agnew was put in charge of the Duchess's personal assistants and had worked for Kate for seven years.

She joined the couple on their 2014 trip to Australia and New Zealand and was often seen accompanying the Royals on their international trips.

They may choose to promote someone from within. That is how she ended up with Rebecca who worked quite well for five years.

Catherine certainly had impressive credentials. But really not the right kind of credentials. Rebecca I would argue had better credentials as a private secratary. She had worked in the offices of Harry and William for a few years before Kate (and Sentebale before that). She had a working knowledge of working with royals and what that would entail.

Catherine has spent decades in administration but financial roles. Being a dean at Oxford, running major charity organizations. She would have been a good choice for working for the foundation, but as a private secratary, I stand by my over qualified statement. Its not surprising that she decided to move on after only two years in the post. Not enough of a challenge for her.

They could either choose someone within the royal households to promote, as they did with Rebecca.

or

Try someone knew with some kind of diplomatic background and take a chance.

Last edited:
Catherine Quinn was the Duchess of Cambridge’s Private Secretary, not her Personal Assistant. Two entirely different roles.

I thought she was over qualified as Private Secretary, never mind if she was a PA.??

I thought she was over qualified as Private Secretary, never mind if she was a PA.??

Catherine Quinn was NOT a personal asistant.

Is Simon Case also overqualified to be William’s Private Secretary?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom