The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-20-2015, 11:18 AM
Heir Apparent

When was the last time anyone spotted Rebecca in the background of photos? I ask because it has been a long time since I have.

Old 11-20-2015, 11:25 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
When was the last time anyone spotted Rebecca in the background of photos? I ask because it has been a long time since I have.
I've seen her rather recently. At least in Scotland I think she was there. I know she was there when Kate repeated the gray dress :P

Old 11-20-2015, 11:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

Rebecca also accompanied the Cambridges and Harry at the Bond premiere.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 11-20-2015, 12:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Rebecca is Kate's private secretary. She was with Kate this week.

Gert's Royals @Gertsroyals
Rebecca Deacon at @Place2Be Headteachers conference today.
https://twitter.com/Gertsroyals/stat...58662633009154
Old 11-20-2015, 01:26 PM
Majesty

i believe rebecca was with her at the foster carers event some days ago.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 11-21-2015, 09:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks all, I obviously need to look a lot closer.
Old 11-21-2015, 10:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Rebecca does a pretty good job of hanging back so she isn't in the shot. Especially when Kate is solo and gets out of the car, Rebecca who is sitting next to her will go around the back of the car a little wide so she isn't right behind Kate when Kate is greeting the host. However, if you watch the itn source videos or look at the photos on Rex or Getty, there will be some Rebecca in them usually.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 11-21-2015, 10:08 PM
Gentry

In the video of Kate and William signing the book of condolences at the French Embassy, Rebecca is seen right at the end.
Old 12-13-2015, 12:09 AM
Courtier

There's 168 hrs in a week. Even a full-time nanny will only work between 40-60 hrs a week. A lot of other royal couples have multiple nannies for this very reason, but the Cambridges are going with the one for the time being. With William having a full schedule with piloting and royal duties, this leaves mom to be the primary caregiver. Hence, we see a tired mom.

Edit: Now that the mod has moved this post to a new thread, my statement seems random and abrupt. I had been previously responding to a post by LadyGabrielle which said "I think having 2 small ones and constantly on the go would be enough to make you look tired. But then again, I thought they had a full time nanny to take care of the children."

I hope that clarifies my post.
Old 12-13-2015, 12:14 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
There's 168 hrs in a week. Even a full-time nanny will only work between 40-60 hrs a week. A lot of other royal couples have multiple nannies for this very reason, but the Cambridges are going with the one for the time being. With William having a full schedule with piloting and royal duties, this leaves mom to be the primary caregiver. Hence, we see a tired a mom.
Exactly. One nanny is basically the same amount of time as putting your child in daycare. You can have the nanny on the night OR the day, not both etc. She has rights and just a set amount of hours to work so there is alot of time in the week that the nanny is not working.
Old 12-13-2015, 01:29 AM
Royal Highness

We really don't know what hours the nanny works or how much Kate does or doesn't do. But I don't think she's doing the washing ,ironing ,cooking ,cleaning the bathroom ,cleaning the floor. So I don't think we need to worry about her and I don't think she would want us to she would know she's far better off than 90%of mothers.
Old 12-13-2015, 01:52 AM
Courtier

We know some things about the nanny. By UK law every worker must receive at least 11 consecutive hours of rest in a 24-hour period.

Also, the EU allows a maximum of a 48 hour work week. You can only get around this by both parties signing a permission slip, that will allow for marginally more hours. With all the stalking the British press does they would have already found out if that permission slip had been registered with the government. Therefore all signs and laws point to the nanny working 48 hrs or less per week. So that leaves Catherine with the other 120 hrs.
Old 12-13-2015, 01:54 AM
Heir Apparent

I agree royal rob I don't understand why anyone would think that her getting up is the same as the rest of we peasants .... I think it NOTHING like my little lot ... is it just a bad set of snaps I think so...
Old 12-13-2015, 01:38 PM
Courtier

Doesn't The Duchess of Cambridge have two Nannies and other staff?
Old 12-13-2015, 01:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

They have one nanny at this point in time. Their previous nanny Jessie Webb only stayed until Maria was hired on. They do have other staff members but only one for childcare.
Old 12-13-2015, 02:02 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
We know some things about the nanny. By UK law every worker must receive at least 11 consecutive hours of rest in a 24-hour period.

Also, the EU allows a maximum of a 48 hour work week. You can only get around this by both parties signing a permission slip, that will allow for marginally more hours. With all the stalking the British press does they would have already found out if that permission slip had been registered with the government. Therefore all signs and laws point to the nanny working 48 hrs or less per week. So that leaves Catherine with the other 120 hrs.
It depends on the contract. Lots of people in the city work 60 hours and more, they receive a fix salary plus bonus once a year, a pay-off for all working hours that are not registered. Maria is a live-in nanny, isnt she. I am sure they have other staff helping with child care but Maria is the main person, a nanny who also does educational stuff with the children.
Old 12-13-2015, 02:27 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
It depends on the contract. Lots of people in the city work 60 hours and more, they receive a fix salary plus bonus once a year, a pay-off for all working hours that are not registered. Maria is a live-in nanny, isnt she. I am sure they have other staff helping with child care but Maria is the main person, a nanny who also does educational stuff with the children.
Not quite.

You're allowed to work more than 48 hrs if you're self-employed and are your own boss. The other exception is if you're a freelancer, you can determine to work more hrs. for each individual project. Otherwise, you have to register an agreement with the government. Considering the British press has published ever application the Cambridges ever put forward, i.e building a tennis court, low-aircraft flying restriction, etc. They wouldn't have ignored a registered labor amendment. Heck, they even published that the Cambridges had poached their housekeeper from Haakon and Mette-Marit. They do all the background checks.

It's a bit of a stretch to call Maria "live-in". She has her own apartment within the residence; her own bedroom, her own bathroom, her own kitchen, her own living room. When she's off-hours, she's on her own. It's no different from a barista living in an apartment above the coffee shop. All it does is make the commute easier.

Also, if the nanny is working the night-shift then she can only work a maximum of 8 hrs every 24 hrs. The UK government has special restrictions for night-shift workers.
Old 12-25-2015, 05:10 AM
Courtier

The bottom line is that The British Royal family maintain their position as long as the State that public wish them to do so. Even ardent Monachist's and The Royal Family itself acknowledge this. The British Royal family do publish annual accounts because the money being spent is tax payers. Hence Tax payers want to know how many staff are employed and why. Ken Wharfe's recent comments, no matter what anyone's opinion of them, reflect some of the general public's concern over the Royal Families younger generation. It has been alleged to myself that The Cambridges have been told to maintain a more public prescence and that in the coming year this will be the case. The staff will be increased to reflect this.
Old 12-25-2015, 05:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeybees View Post
It has been alleged to myself that The Cambridges have been told to maintain a more public prescence and that in the coming year this will be the case. The staff will be increased to reflect this.
Not sure who your contacts are inside Buckingham Palace but the 'public presence' of the Cambridges along with Prince Harry will remain roughly the same until their father becomes king.

Charles struggles as it is to fund five senior members of the royal family. Increasing staff only makes it more difficult.
Old 12-25-2015, 06:02 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I have to agree with Rudolph on this one. Although public opinion is very important to the monarchy, I don't believe that its a factor that changes the way the Firm operates.

Its my understanding that the taxpayer funding of the royal family isn't as monumental as many would want us to believe it is. Charles, himself, provides for his immediate family out of his income from the Duchy of Cornwall whereas for the rest of the family, their public expenses are covered by the Sovereign Grant

The Sovereign Grant is paid annually by the treasury at a value indexed as a percentage of the Government's revenues from the State owned Crown Estate and other revenues in the financial year two years earlier. It is based on an index percentage which was set at 15% and this is reviewed every five years by the Royal Trustees (the Prime Minister, the Chancellor of the Exchequer and the Keeper of the Privy Purse).

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon