Staff of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge 1: Ending Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Staff of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge

They may have only one housekeeper to manage the house and staff but numerous other staff to clean the house.

Here is something from Wikipedia on the type of staff from Bagshot from 1881.

I think W&K current staff is somewhat similar with some exceptions and some reductions and additions.

A butler, a housekeeper, a valet, a lady's maid, a dresser, a cook, a few kitchen maids, a few housemaids, a chauffeur or two or their PO are also their drivers and a gardener and several agricultural workers and a few maintenance worker, a mechanic or two.

Including the nanny but excluding the POs, William and Catherine's indoor staff probably is around a dozen. Their outdoor staff is probably around ten.

Most of their 'indoor' staff probably moves with them from KP to Anmer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bagshot_Park

Why would WK have the staff of Downton Abbey now in 2016? They aren't dining in evening gowns and white tie like Lord and Lady Grantham every night. They don't really need a dresser, lady's maid or valet. William can put on his navy suit or dad jeans by himself. They also aren't doing the large scale entertaining that the Queen or even the Prince of Wales does to need a kitchen staff.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

For all we know, as far as gardeners and the lawns and such, perhaps they're using the same crew that works Sandringham's main house? When W&K have to be in London, that would be the perfect time for more household help to come in and do the heavy duty cleaning.

I really don't think they have too many staff members that are in permanent residence at either Anmer or KP as they can always get what they need when the need arises. Sure, the residences are big but its very possible that on ordinary days, only a few are really used. Kitchen, family room and bedrooms most likely. I grew up in a house no where near the size of the Cambridge's homes and our living room was never used hardly and mostly for "company".

Yes, but presumably there wasn't a nursery suite and nanny's flat in your house or RPO's accommodation including a sitting room for the officers to relax in. We are always being told that Kate and William are enjoying a full family life at Anmer. That doesn't sound to me like the Cambridges are following a 'drop-in for a few days' lifestyle at their country home. I do think that their main staff spend their time passing between Norfolk and KP.

I'm sure I read ages ago that Kate had a dresser to look after her official wardrobe and William has a male aide (not a valet) to do the same for his uniforms etc.

If I'm remembering right, I believe when Anmer Hall was being renovated that there was also work being done on one of the buildings on the ground to make it habitable for the RPOs to use as their base. There was even an aerial photo showing the grounds and the RPO building is pretty close to the main house.

^ It would be regarded as part of the property though, for cleaning purposes, unless the RPOs are expected to clean the bathroom and WC, and kitchen cooker and appliances etc. (I do think they would make their own beds and clear up, stack the dishwasher etc.)

Forgive me...

Why would WK have the staff of Downton Abbey now in 2016? They aren't dining in evening gowns and white tie like Lord and Lady Grantham every night. They don't really need a dresser, lady's maid or valet. William can put on his navy suit or dad jeans by himself. They also aren't doing the large scale entertaining that the Queen or even the Prince of Wales does to need a kitchen staff.

Forgive me but how do any of us know how The Royal Family dine? They do not have nine to five jobs.

I cannot believe even in my wildest dreams that Kate or William will do any of the classical housework like cleaning, dusting, shopping grocery, cooking. Why? Because they can afford it and having somebody else do it saves time for a lot of other things, like spending quality time with their children, dog or even preparing their events. And its not that such staff would invade their privacy as they are used to be surrounded by people (live-in staff, bodyguards) anyway.

I think there isn't much to say on the matter, as the public knows little or nothing about how the staff of the Cambridges work. I just want to point out that it has always been the media that have been trying to sell the image that they are a "normal" couple without staff and (at the time George was born) without nanny etc. Kate or William have never said a word about that matter, nor they should. i would be surprised if they do almost of the housework by themselves, not the other way round.

I think there isn't much to say on the matter, as the public knows little or nothing about how the staff of the Cambridges work. I just want to point out that it has always been the media that have been trying to sell the image that they are a "normal" couple without staff and (at the time George was born) without nanny etc. Kate or William have never said a word about that matter, nor they should. i would be surprised if they do almost of the housework by themselves, not the other way round.

That's it in a nutshell. While I think we can assume that Will and Kate are not going the major housework or outdoor work, because people who can afford staff DON'T - we don't know how many they employ, whether they've ever changed a nappy since bringing home the kids, or change all of them, what they do all day, whether they play with their kids all day, when they actually work (air ambulance, preparation for royal duties or otherwise), or whether they play Candy Crush Saga all day. Just because we are told something or led to believe something... that's not proof to me (all celebs have spin doctors, and press trying to paint a counter picture). None of us know, not me or you. You can conjure up any vision you want of their lives (and it seems some of us spend a fair amount of time doing so), but it's just your imagination at work, fed by what you want to believe from press and palace and enhanced by the very few glimpses into their lives (all staged) that we are allowed to get.

That's it in a nutshell. While I think we can assume that Will and Kate are not going the major housework or outdoor work, because people who can afford staff DON'T - we don't know how many they employ, whether they've ever changed a nappy since bringing home the kids, or change all of them, what they do all day, whether they play with their kids all day, when they actually work (air ambulance, preparation for royal duties or otherwise), or whether they play Candy Crush Saga all day. Just because we are told something or led to believe something... that's not proof to me (all celebs have spin doctors, and press trying to paint a counter picture). None of us know, not me or you. You can conjure up any vision you want of their lives (and it seems some of us spend a fair amount of time doing so), but it's just your imagination at work, fed by what you want to believe from press and palace and enhanced by the very few glimpses into their lives (all staged) that we are allowed to get.

I wholeheartedly agree with you! :flowers: The only think that we actually know that came out of Kate's mouth is that William was pretty much away (for work reasons) for the first months after the birth of their son and that the couple had hired nanny Maria. That was the only statement that was released by KP, no more no less. So, I don't know how much usuful it is to count standard working hours and building up shifts on our own, without proof, sources or facts. :lol:

I think we can safely say that William and Kate have changed a diaper since bringing their children home. William has stated as such in an interview. We have also seen quite a few photos of just Kate and George out and about at the park, polo, etc. So all of the diaper changing and feeding would have been up to her.

I think we can safely say that William and Kate have changed a diaper since bringing their children home. William has stated as such in an interview. We have also seen quite a few photos of just Kate and George out and about at the park, polo, etc. So all of the diaper changing and feeding would have been up to her.
Yeah, I kind of agree. William have commented on nappies in interviews and on the polo match right after Georges birth he said that he was not quite in the zone because he was thinking about nappies, even when given the price he asked "are those nappies? I must remember to get nappies" or something of that sort :p

Sandringham is a Royal Estate and as such has staff. The Cambridge's have staff. That is it folks as far as I am aware facts wise but kindly not RPO's are not staff, they are Police Officers.

This is my first post! So thrilled to be here. I'm making my big debut to weigh in on that most glamorous of topics: childcare ? But as a mom of 3 very small children I am actually very interested in Kate's domestic situation.
IMO there is no way Carole was brought along as extra help to look after the kids. She does not seem like the kind of stay-at-home grandmother to wave away the staff so that she can change dirty diapers herself, she seems like the kind of woman who wants to be skiing and eating out and going to the spa. Kate & Will almost certainly have more than one nanny. Maybe Maria is the public face of their nursery staff, but I bet there are evening, weekend, and night nannies too. Heck, I know plenty of young moms in my community who have daytime nannies and night nannies just because they can afford it, and they aren't the prince & princess of Britain. With the luxury that William & Kate seem to live in, I have no doubt this also applies to childcare arrangements.

All that would have been public record, I doubt they have more than just Maria as a Nanny

Yes they have one official 'nanny'. But then they also have their housekeeper. The ad they put out for her said she would be expected to help in childcare and with Lupo as well. So Maria is not doing it alone. They hired a woman who had worked for Haakon and MM, and had helped with their kids as well.

The ad said she would be expected to help with meal prep, childcare and Lupo "on occasions". That is, from time to time.

For example, during special events, when Kate is playing hostess, they need extra help with cooking, the kids, and the dog. Also, on occasion, like April 10-16 when Maria will need backup help, she likely steps in.

I personally don't think they have more than one nanny regularly, and I don't think Sadie does cooking and childcare frequently. In terms of paid staff, we've never seen anyone but Maria with the kids, and something would have leaked out by now.

The point being, is there is another paid employee in the household who helps with kids. She may not be full time, she may only help with the kids from time to time, but Maria certainly is not alone. 'Occasionally' in those type of adds usually mean its not your primary duty. She is being hired as a housekeeper, but will be called on to help with other jobs from time to time. Nannies are often hired as 'nannies who may occasionally be needed to help with housekeeping and food prep'.That can range anything from helping out with the odd dinner party, to cleaning the house top to bottom a few times a week, depending on what the family's definition of 'occasionally' is.

Not surprised Maria is the only one seen out with the kids. Yes, the housekeeper main job is the house. So while Maria would be out taking the kids out, she'd be cleaning and doing her other work. She likely helps cover when Maria gets a day off, or if the couple has an evening event and Maria has been working all day with the kids.

I didn't realize their staff was a matter of public disclosure. Interesting.
I would be very surprised if W & K were ever home alone without any kind of help. Even if it's technically a maid, she could keep an eye on baby and still help with food prep and dishes and taking out the trash. I know they like to see themselves as down to earth, but are they really taking dirty diapers out to the curb? They must have someone on weekends when Maria and the housekeeper are off, or maybe the 2 of them alternate when they take their days off...

I think they probably do alternate their time off. We don't know whether cleaners come in from the local village either. I remember reading when Maria was hired that previous employers had found her discreet, conscientious and incredibly devoted to her charges, a person who didn't really take much time off from her job. The perfect employee, one would say.

Their housekeeper has worked both at Buckingham, and for Haakon and MM for a few years (she helped with the kids and house). It seems both her and Maria were hired because they have a level of professionalism and discretion respected/desired by the royals.

:previous: Yes, at least according to the article, its Natasha dating Chris

and Kate's PA and stylist Natasha Archer. (Who is, fun fact, dating Chris Jackson, the best of Getty's royal photogs

That's why the other Royal photographers get snarky on Twitter about Chris getting plum photo ops.

This is the sort of disgusting headline that should not be on this forum and should not considered for further discussion.

Forum users should show some discretion in deciding what is appropriate according to Forum rules.

IM out because this really is that last straw.

It's removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom