The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-03-2015, 02:33 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

William and Kate seek a maternity nurse in preparation for baby number two

Old 02-03-2015, 06:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Don't they have a nanny to look after the kids? I'd imagine Kate will go to Buckclebury after the birth of her second baby, just like she did when George was born

Old 02-03-2015, 06:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Its a Katie Nicholl story. She did this with George. Just look back to Kate's first pregnancy and you'll see Nicholl didn't get anything right. (Carole in the delivery room for example)

The tabloids have no way of knowing this level of personal information
Old 02-03-2015, 06:32 AM
Heir Apparent

That's true. The press even claimed that Kate would have done all on her own with her care for George, which is ridiculous since help is always needed, especially with the first child!
Old 02-03-2015, 06:38 AM
Courtier

The name Katie Nicholl is synonymous with hogwash. She was also the mastermind behind George's " Peter Rabbit" birthday, aka the party that never happened.
Old 02-03-2015, 07:17 AM
Majesty

Complete speculation. The fast is that William and Catherine may or may not seek additional help when Baby 2 comes along. Any which way, it is their private matter, and not one for the public to comment and speculate on.
Old 02-03-2015, 07:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Don't they have a nanny to look after the kids? I'd imagine Kate will go to Buckclebury after the birth of her second baby, just like she did when George was born

When George was born they were in between houses, Apt 1a wasn't done and Nott Cottage was too small with just 2 bedrooms. Now they have both Amner and Apt 1a. Going back to Buckleberry isn't really needed.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 02-03-2015, 08:01 AM
Courtier

We must remember that George was born on the hottest day of 2013. Buckleberry manor has air conditioning, Nott Cottage does not.
Old 02-04-2015, 08:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Right, but I thought W&K went to stay with her parents for abit because that was Kate's first motherhood and needed support from her mum...
Old 02-04-2015, 08:58 AM
Heir Apparent

^^^ I know the tabloids said this. I don't recall the W&K making a statement about it
Old 02-04-2015, 09:16 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Right, but I thought W&K went to stay with her parents for abit because that was Kate's first motherhood and needed support from her mum...
Who knows? I suspect it was partly because Catherine needed some help, and partly because Nott Cott was very small, and KP1A was not ready.

I suspect this time around, she may prefer to spend more time at KP and / or Anmer, depending on when Wills starts his job in East Anglia. Any which way, we will not really know (and nor should we, IMO!) how the time is divided up between Anmer / KP and the Middleton home in Berkshire.
Old 02-04-2015, 07:39 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Who knows? I suspect it was partly because Catherine needed some help, and partly because Nott Cott was very small, and KP1A was not ready.

I suspect this time around, she may prefer to spend more time at KP and / or Anmer, depending on when Wills starts his job in East Anglia. Any which way, we will not really know (and nor should we, IMO!) how the time is divided up between Anmer / KP and the Middleton home in Berkshire.
On top of all you've listed, another reason Kate perhaps stayed with her mum is because Will still hadn't left SAR in Wales yet. I remember him having paternity leave but I believe his tour of duty ended in September or around there. Every new mother needs her mum when they have their first born I think.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 02-21-2015, 09:51 PM
Royal Highness

Don't know if this has been posted
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...ork-Queen.html

Old 02-21-2015, 09:54 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
Don't know if this has been posted
GIRL ABOUT TOWN: Kate's domestic staff quit - to work for the Queen!* | Daily Mail Online

If this is true, it just sounds like they got promoted?
Old 02-21-2015, 10:01 PM
Royal Highness

Well it says they might go back to the Queen They worked for her before they went to Will and Kate so don't think it's anything about one job being better than the other. There was the line about Kate's mother being there a lot. Read what you like into that

Old 02-21-2015, 10:30 PM
Aristocracy

I'm thinking maybe the Queen had loaned the couple to them for a period of six months or so until W-C could get settled and the landscaping done...
Old 02-21-2015, 10:38 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammaSueSue View Post
I'm thinking maybe the Queen had loaned the couple to them for a period of six months or so until W-C could get settled and the landscaping done...
That sounds reasonable. They might even have replacements lined up. They might have had them on loan until they found their own.
Old 02-22-2015, 09:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammaSueSue View Post
Well, obviously, they came to kill the MOLES! Having taken care of that bit of business, it's back to granny's house.

In rodent related news, last night I finally caught the mouse that has plagued us since December. The reign of terror is over!
Old 02-22-2015, 10:08 AM
Royal Highness

It is the Queen who decides who works for your children and grandchildren?
Old 02-22-2015, 10:37 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
William and Catherine never announced this but it stands to reason this was the biggest reason Catherine stayed with her parents for a while. William had to be away for at least 24 hours at a time and she didn't have a nanny. My husband's step-mother came to stay with us for a few days after I got home from the hospital so that we could get some rest.

I think it is more likely that Catherine will stay at Anmer after this child because William will only be working 8 hour shifts. I expect Carole will visit them but, since William and Catherine have a nanny, Carole will concentrate on providing emotional support and getting to know the new grandchild (and reassuring poor, unsuspecting George ).