Prince William's Service in the Royal Air Force

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok thnx cd255. Yeah I had my doubts about the story too.

Prince William to be posted to RAF base on Anglesey - Telegraph

Prince William is to be posted as an RAF search-and-rescue helicopter pilot in north Wales for up to three years, it has been announced.

The Prince, a flight lieutenant, will stay on at RAF Valley on Anglesey, where he has been learning to fly Sea King helicopters, if he passes his training in September, the Ministry of Defence confirmed.

Does that mean Prince William will be on the Falklands RAF base until Nov? Does anyone know where the prince is stationed for the next 3 years?:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
I read it that he will finish his training in November and then will be stationed at Anglessy for his 30 - 36 month actual deployment in the SAR but during that time, like everyone else in his squadron he will be rotated to serve in the Falklands - so sometime from 2011 - 2013 he will be there but not for long - 2 months. He might, of course, do a second rotation if necessary but this will cause trouble with Argentina who still claim the islands as theirs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I took it to mean he would graduate from training in September and then do two months in the Falklands. Then be deployed in Wales for 3 years.
:question:

I took it to mean he would graduate from training in September and then do two months in the Falklands. Then be deployed in Wales for 3 years.
:question:

I suppose you could get that idea but I don't think they would send an untried brand new pilot to that base until they have given him some on the job experience.

I don't think he will be posted anywhere until November. That is what I have read elsewhere - finish training in September, and then be deployed to Anglessy and then at some time in the next 3 years be posted to the Falklands for 2 months in the normal course of rotations for that squadron. I would expect that those who will be posted there from September to November have known for some time and are preparing for that deployment and I would expect more experienced SAR pilots to be the ones there rather than brand new pilots with no experience.

The article simply says that he will finish his conversion course in September and then will join his squadron. I really didn't read it that he would immediately be sent to the Falklands.

All the reports are saying is that at some stage during his 3 years with the SAR he will probably serve in the Falklands.

Very sad indeed, but I suspect William will have to get used to that sort of thing in this particular line of work. Hopefully most of the time it will be a happy outcome.

William¿s fight with Palace over his Falklands mission | Mail Online

Prince William is battling to go to the Falkland Islands next year as an RAF search-and-rescue helicopter pilot.
William, 28, finishes his training in the autumn and is due to travel to the Falklands for eight weeks next summer.
But there is a huge question mark over whether Buckingham Palace will let him take up the post because Argentina is pressing its claim to the islands

Good grief! I hope they get those fixed ASAP. . . just in case!

Prince William finds that practice makes perfect on his helicopter course - Telegraph

While a German aristocrat made the headlines last week with his unsubstantiated claim that Prince William would marry Kate Middleton next July, the couple have been quietly celebrating a genuine milestone.

Mandrake can disclose that the Prince has passed the final stage of his practical course to become a qualified search-and-rescue helicopter pilot.

Congratulations to Prince William on this accomplishment!!! :clap:

According to friends, Prince William, 28, who flies Sea King helicopters, is convinced that he has chosen the right career path and is thriving on his search-and-rescue work in and around north Wales.
It sounds like he is pleased with his choice of vocation, which is good!

Congratulations to Prince William on this accomplishment!!! :clap:

And congratulations to all the others over the years who have achieved the same thing and then gone on and used that skill for years and years and even in combat zones.

i have no idea maybe fake name or what..

Where was she supposed to have said this? Was it supposed to have been a private comment or posted somewhere?:ermm:

In the comments section there is a post from a 'Kate M' asking 'Will you marry me now?'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom