The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-28-2013, 07:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Lots of papers have written about this today and most of it is a mix of sensationalism and poor english. I've just read The Times report which will be in tomorrows paper and the angle they are taking is interesting. The headline is ‘No greater calling’

Now from someone destined to be King, this is an interesting statement. One perhaps that The Times might follow up.

The Duke said their role was a source of immense pride. “There’s no greater feeling than when you’ve actually done some good and saved someone’s life. I don’t think there’s any greater calling in life… to be able to see a son or daughter’s face when you bring their mother or father back from the edge of death — it’s quite powerful.”

Here is the link but I dont think you can read it because these days you have to pay. But just in case......
http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/uk/article3725203.ece

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 03-28-2013, 08:10 PM
Nobility

Agreed. William will be Head of the Armed Forces one day. I have a feeling that anyone that has a small understanding of his current post will all agree, including his troops, that both he and Harry HAVE SERVED WITH HONOR, and have a true understanding of how the military functions. With the respect of the troops to boot.

Old 03-30-2013, 03:55 AM
Majesty

Duke of Cambridge may quit flying duties early as he awaits the birth of first baby:
Duke of Cambridge may quit flying duties early as he awaits the birth of first baby - Telegraph
Old 03-30-2013, 04:19 AM
Heir Apparent

This article isn't very clear.

"But it seems almost certain that his career at Valley will end before the baby’s birth"
(That is between now and July)

A royal source said: “He hasn’t made a final decision yet on his future but he is there or thereabouts. His tour of duty can finish any time between the end of March and September and the expectation is that it will be over towards the latter half of that period.”
(That is between July and September)

I think that if he goes early and that decision is made public just as the 4 part programme about his love of the service is aired, it will be poor PR. Especially if he leaves and does next to nothing by way of royal duties.

Old 03-30-2013, 06:32 AM
Aristocracy

I still think his decision is already made and they are keeping it from the press for whatever reason. I think he will end it near the birth of the baby (leave early-maybe june) and I think thats one of the reasons hes been trying to get all of his flying hrs up since the hospitalization in dec.

i highly doubt hes going to be a full time royal. I am sure he has been trying to a position that allows him occasional flying, thats part time and allows for more family time and royal duties.

regarding the sea king doc. I feel that its prob his tribute to what hes been doing over the last couple years. Regardless of him staying or leaving they are getting rid of sea king helicopters...it wont matter if he leaves, really.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:44 AM
Majesty

I think the best thing to do is to wait for an official announcement. This is just the press, trying to make a story where none exist yet.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:26 AM
Majesty

Royal Reporter, Victoria Murphy is reporting that the announcement will be made within the next two weeks.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Royal Reporter, Victoria Murphy is reporting that the announcement will be made within the next two weeks.
Dman - where did you see this? It was not on her Twitter page.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:06 AM
Aristocracy

It was written in on her most recent articles on them...I think the one about the country home.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:13 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Dman - where did you see this? It was not on her Twitter page.
Victoria mentioned this in her article:
Kate Middleton and Prince William mansion revamp: The facelift of Anmer Hall that's fit for a king - Mirror Online

"The couple also still have their home in rural Anglesey, but they will move on from there once William finishes his tour of duty as a Search And Rescue pilot with the RAF this September.
He will announce within the next two weeks what his plans are beyond that, with options including becoming a full-time royal or another military role."
Old 04-03-2013, 10:22 AM
Heir Apparent

PArts of that article disappeared off the Mirror site.

BTW, the carved wooded sign for Anmer is not the netrance to the Hall but the village sign, which is a tradition for Norfolk villages. The coat of arms notes that its partof the royal estate, I assume.

Old 04-07-2013, 10:38 AM
Majesty

Prince William torn between his love of flying and a royal role:
Prince William torn between his love of flying and a royal role | Royal | News | Daily Express
Old 04-07-2013, 11:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Prince William torn between his love of flying and a royal role:
Prince William torn between his love of flying and a royal role | Royal | News | Daily Express
How do people bring themselves to write this stuff?
A source says: “He is focused on the future and is narrowing down his options.”
Narrowing his options. LOL. He has known the deadline since he took up helicopter rescue. He has known he would have a family for his whole adult life (and given his wife publicly being off alcohol last fall, knew the time to start that family had arrived). He has known all his life that sooner or later he would work full time in the firm. He has watched working members of the family age and has grown up watching his father in the role of Heir.

William shows little. While he owns many suits, I am sure, his business attire appears to be a similarly styled endless parade of navy suits. He wears less than a dozen business ties. He of course, has military dress and evening attire as well - and we see these when required by an event he attends. His casual attire is nondescript and largely unvaried. His hair is one of the few things that seems to change.

His family is rarely forthcoming about inside information. Heard anything about how the hard-working Duke of Kent is coming along lately?

It's just my opinion, but William and Catherine made this decision long ago. The have a plan and they have shared it with people they trust and with whom they want to share. The rest of us must wait and see.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:15 PM
Aristocracy

Ugh...another filler article. I still stand by what I said before..I think he made his decision months ago and Kate, the queen and charles..the rest of the world (ie the reporters) are in the dark. I feel like reporters such as rob jobson and Camilla are hoping a little too much for him to go full time for royal duties. I don't think he's going to do that I think he will hugely increase his appearances compared to now, but, I think him going full time now will completely overshadow Charles.

If he goes full time, harry should also increase his royal duties,too.

These reporters also feel that the queen and prince Philip should lower there appearances...I don't see them wanting to do that.

This reminds of the lame article by the sun saying William was taking paternity leave as if its an exclusive. Most men get 2 weeks paternity leave, how is that an exclusive.

I agree Admirer...but I don't think its up to him when its revealed. I think other people are deciding that..maybe it will be revealed next week since its an empty royal week.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:59 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iisuzieii View Post
Ugh...another filler article. I still stand by what I said before..I think he made his decision months ago and Kate, the queen and charles..the rest of the world (ie the reporters) are in the dark.
I would think that Kate wouldn't be in the dark since she is his wife.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:27 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
I would think that Kate wouldn't be in the dark since she is his wife.

Sorry, thats what i meant. I didn't even noticed i left the word know out. I mean kate, queen and charles know.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Paul Harrison‏@SkyNewsRoyal3m
#royal those hoping to see Prince #William in 'Helicopter Rescue' tonight - BBC1 Wales reschedules due to #Thatcher death. Now on 15th

Old 04-09-2013, 04:25 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

@CambridgeWatch: Hello! confirms William is leaving the RAF and beginning an unannounced new job. Will is also planning to take time off for the baby.
Old 04-27-2013, 04:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Sunday Times on William leaving the RAF

William quits RAF base as birth nears | The Sunday Times

From the report

THE Duke of Cambridge is to leave the RAF base in Anglesey where he is nearing the end of a 3-year tour of duty as a Sea King helicopter pilot.

Prince William has told his commanding officer at RAF Valley search and rescue force that he has decided it is the right time to “move on”. He is expected to leave in the summer but it is not clear whether he will take up other duties in the armed forces.

Old 04-27-2013, 05:53 PM
Royal Highness

I am wondering if security concerns over the baby has played a part in his decision to quit the RAF. I know Will and Kate never had a problem in Wales, but perhaps the curious and even those a little less benevolent could not be kept away as easily as a home in KP.