The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-03-2013, 01:10 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
How can someone who has a full time job in the SAR plus a part time job as a working royal, including overseas tours, be considered lazy by any reasonable person? Seems like a pretty full schedule for anyone.

But the Queen also has a full time job. She received the red boxes every day except Christmas and Easter. Compare to his 86 year old grandmother William has more time for royal duties.

(I personally am not calling William & Kate lazy.) I understand Kate's position as the spouse of a royal in the military. She can only perform a limited number of duties without her spouse. Sarah was in the same position and the press went after her. I suggest that Kate and William since they are stationed in Wales to perform some duties in Wales. This seems to be a missed opportunity on their part. William will be Prince of Wales and since he is stationed there maybe some of his/her duties/patronages might include more Welsh organizations/engagements.

Old 01-03-2013, 01:35 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

I don't know about William, but Kate is involved in some things in Anglesey. She volunteers with the scouts and goes camping/hiking with them. She's also organized a few bbq's/get togethers for the local scouts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
How can someone who has a full time job in the SAR plus a part time job as a working royal, including overseas tours, be considered lazy by any reasonable person? Seems like a pretty full schedule for anyone.
I agree. I don't understand how some have the perception that William is lazy.

Old 01-03-2013, 03:05 AM
Gentry

Well maybe Kate should put in A few more appearances while she still has morning sickness She barf on the louboutions of her critics in the press or over their la Croix coats. Teach them to be on the back of pregnant woman!
Old 01-03-2013, 03:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillian View Post
Well maybe Kate should put in A few more appearances while she still has morning sickness She barf on the louboutions of her critics in the press or over their la Croix coats. Teach them to be on the back of pregnant woman!
Now I know I'm overtired. Reading your post, I got a mental image of the press corps all showing up for a Kate engagement with umbrellas and raincoats on a la Gallagher. Now I can sleep with a smile on my face.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:17 AM
Gentry

I was thinking more Monty Python "Meaning of Life".....
Old 01-03-2013, 05:55 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I admire Prince Philip for his dedication to duty but I think he should slow down at his age. I feel as he push himself, he will just end up ill once again.

I do think its better if the younger royals fufill more royal duties.
I don't think we'll see Prince Philip or the Queen voluntarily slow down, ever. They'll work as hard as their physical conditions allow them to, until the end.
I get the impression the importance of 'being useful' was emphasized to people of their generation in a way that it hasn't been to younger people, (I doubt many people brought up in the late 60s and beyond would say that being useful is more important than, say, personal happiness and comfort).

I think QEII and Prince Philip will keep up their current pace - provided their health holds - even if William and Kate do take on more royal duties over the next while.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:22 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree. THis idea that William and Catherine can ligten the load is a non-starter. If HMQ and PP wanted to slow down then they would. I think that if they stop, they would give up.

But if anything happens to HMQ and PP which could be linked to "overwork" (tabloid territory) then William and Catherine will be blamed. It's lose/lose for them.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 01-08-2013, 02:15 PM
Majesty

Richard Palmer‏@RoyalReporter
We were told the announcement about William's career plans would be in the first 2 weeks of Jan but it seems to have slipped.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:17 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
We were told the announcement about William's career plans would be in the first 2 weeks of Jan but it seems to have slipped.
Still 4 days left of the second week in January, Richie. I wouldn't have expected an announcement to come on a Tuesday, Friday seems more likely.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:31 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
I agree. THis idea that William and Catherine can ligten the load is a non-starter. If HMQ and PP wanted to slow down then they would. I think that if they stop, they would give up.

But if anything happens to HMQ and PP which could be linked to "overwork" (tabloid territory) then William and Catherine will be blamed. It's lose/lose for them.
I completely agree. IMHO HM and the DoE have earned the right to spend their years as they see fit. I have no doubt that a man like the DoE will continue working as long as he possibly can. I don't envy those who have to try and keep up with him.

At this point in time none of the Queen's grandchildren are full-time royals and I don't anticipate a change in this until HM and the DoE request it.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Maybe tomorrow (Kate's birthday)?
Old 01-08-2013, 02:59 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkittybaby View Post
Maybe tomorrow (Kate's birthday)?
That kind of seems the most obvious day not to make an announcement, because it's her birthday?
Old 01-08-2013, 05:04 PM
Royal Highness

I could see Prince William telling his wife on her birthday, but I don't see a public announcement.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:45 PM
Majesty

There has to be a public announcement from St James's Palace on what William will do about his SAR Military job. Will he stay in the services or will he and Catherine will become fulltime members of the royal family?
Old 01-08-2013, 06:06 PM
Serene Highness

I think an announcement on Catherine'a bday would be lovely.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
I could see Prince William telling his wife on her birthday, but I don't see a public announcement.
I could see the Duke of Cambridge having discussed this at length, then made the decision with the Duchess of Cambridge.

I also think this was a far tougher decision for THEM than it was for those of us here on the forums (who had pretty clear opinions one way or the other).
Old 01-08-2013, 07:46 PM
Majesty

I can imagine it's a very tough decision for them to make. I guess we just have to brace ourselves for the announcement.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:47 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke-of-Earl View Post
I think an announcement on Catherine'a bday would be lovely.
It would be a surprise as nobody was expecting an announcement on Kate's birthday I belive it could happen
Old 01-16-2013, 06:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

I have a theory that could be totally wrong on why they delayed the announcement. I think if they're going to announce they're taking on full royal duties, they'd want to immediately schedule some engagements to back that up and Kate can't work til February.

I could be totally wrong, but it would explain why the announcement did not take place in the first two weeks of January like we were told previously.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:51 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
I have a theory that could be totally wrong on why they delayed the announcement. I think if they're going to announce they're taking on full royal duties, they'd want to immediately schedule some engagements to back that up and Kate can't work til February.

I could be totally wrong, but it would explain why the announcement did not take place in the first two weeks of January like we were told previously.
I think you are right I believe some engagements will be announced in the next two weeks, so who knows