The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-13-2012, 05:31 PM
Heir Apparent

I think that this article is silly. The Cambridges' children will likely have official photographs taken once in a while and, when of appropriate age, appear at the usual Royal Family events--no matter what William will be doing in the next few years. I firmly believe that if William and Catherine take up full-time Royal duties in the near future (i.e. some time after the first baby is born), the media will come close to ignoring William's father and step-mother except for Big News. That won't be good for either generation of Royal couples.

Old 12-13-2012, 05:40 PM
Serene Highness

Charles and Camilla will come to the throne as OAPs and although ageism is ugly, its a fact of life and the future of the monarchy in Britain lies with W&C and to a lesser extent Harry

By W&C putting off being seen will not make Charles more popular. His popularity is down over 25 points since 1984.
William needs to shelve the Army and start to man up to his destiny and leave the military career to Harry.

Old 12-21-2012, 11:42 PM
Majesty

RAF Valley jobs safeguarded by £258m UK investment:
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/nort...5578-32476828/
Old 12-22-2012, 03:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke-of-Earl View Post
Charles and Camilla will come to the throne as OAPs and although ageism is ugly, its a fact of life and the future of the monarchy in Britain lies with W&C and to a lesser extent Harry

By W&C putting off being seen will not make Charles more popular. His popularity is down over 25 points since 1984.
William needs to shelve the Army and start to man up to his destiny and leave the military career to Harry.
I would agree with this.
Old 12-24-2012, 05:09 AM
Heir Apparent

David Blevins ‏@skydavidblevins Prince William ignored the security threat in N. Ireland to airlift an ill baby from Antrim Hospital to Newcastle-Upon-Tyne last Saturday.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
David Blevins ‏@skydavidblevins Prince William ignored the security threat in N. Ireland to airlift an ill baby from Antrim Hospital to Newcastle-Upon-Tyne last Saturday.
There is one set of parents out there today that are probably very grateful that he ignored the security threat too especially this close to Christmas.

I really wish that royal engagements were not so much of a pressure on William and that he could spend another tour of duty with the RAF in Anglesy. He very much loves what he is doing and probably finds it very rewarding. On the other hand, he cares deeply for his family and has inherited a sense of doing the right thing from his dad and granny.

Its heartwarming to read that both William and Harry are so good at what they're doing and are making a difference. The UK has very good reason to be proud of both of them.
Old 12-24-2012, 04:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think with the DoE slowing down, and the baby coming, this is a natural place to finish with the RAF and take up additional royal duties.. The two older generations are really not spring chickens any more.
Old 12-24-2012, 04:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
I think with the DoE slowing down, and the baby coming, this is a natural place to finish with the RAF and take up additional royal duties.. The two older generations are really not spring chickens any more.
I have no doubts in my mind that William realizes that its time that he steps up and starts on the job he was born to do and will do it full steam ahead with no regrets. The Cambridges will probably always remember fondly their time in Wales much as the Queen and the DoE remember Malta.
Old 12-25-2012, 03:11 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
There is one set of parents out there today that are probably very grateful that he ignored the security threat too especially this close to Christmas.

I really wish that royal engagements were not so much of a pressure on William and that he could spend another tour of duty with the RAF in Anglesy. He very much loves what he is doing and probably finds it very rewarding. On the other hand, he cares deeply for his family and has inherited a sense of doing the right thing from his dad and granny.

Its heartwarming to read that both William and Harry are so good at what they're doing and are making a difference. The UK has very good reason to be proud of both of them.
I would definitely agree with this.
Old 12-25-2012, 06:35 AM
Aristocracy

I think he might choose to forgo the military for the royal duties... but if given a chance I think he would stick with it for a few more years. Lord knows it would make Charles happy to keep his son out of the picture for a bit more... I'm not saying he doesn't want his son around, but he already gets passed over attention wise so much... throwing Prince William into full time Royal Duties would upset that balance even more I think.

(By the way, not trying to start an argument lol, just stating an opinion)
Old 12-25-2012, 07:46 AM
Courtier

The attention Charles receives is totally different from the attention William receives. William is yet to do a lot lot more to even dream of entering Charles' league. He is simply unique. And there is no need for him to feel insecure about William's popularity. It is universal that people like younger then older.
Given that, I still want WIll to spend quite a lot more time in RAF as it will give him time to settle into marriage and fatherhood, and people will be preparing well for Charles-Camilla reign.
Old 12-25-2012, 09:40 AM
Nobility

I think his new job is also a kind of easing the Cambridges into royal life; they are not full time working Royals, but will do a lot more than till now; so maybe everybody will be happy by this choice.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:00 PM
Majesty

Prince William and Kate Middleton spend New Year's Eve apart as he takes part in RAF search for man in sea off Blackpool - Mirror Online
Old 01-01-2013, 11:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I firmly believe that if William and Catherine take up full-time Royal duties in the near future (i.e. some time after the first baby is born), the media will come close to ignoring William's father and step-mother except for Big News. That won't be good for either generation of Royal couples.
Well, if history is any judge, Charles certainly is unlikely to take it well.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Well, if history is any judge, Charles certainly is unlikely to take it well.
TBH, I think he'll expect the limelight to be on his son and wife more as they step into the limelight of full time royal duties. Charles has seemed to be in a much more relaxed, mellowed out kind of mood in the past couple of years.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:06 AM
Majesty

I think everyone will have to get use to the fact that the timing is near for the Cambridges to take on more royal duties. It's just going to happen and I think Charles knows his sons and daughter-in-law have a major role to play in taking the Monarchy forward. I actually think he's happy, fully support and respect William & Catherine and Harry's positions within the "Firm."

The media's attention pretty much shifts to the younger generation of royals. It's happened in the past and it will continue to happen. I just don't think Charles & Camilla is worried about the amount of attention the Cambridges get. I just don't think there's tension between these couples.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:18 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
TBH, I think he'll expect the limelight to be on his son and wife more as they step into the limelight of full time royal duties. Charles has seemed to be in a much more relaxed, mellowed out kind of mood in the past couple of years.
I agree, I think he's way more relaxed than he used to be. I have read that he had a midlife crises when he hit his forties and just had a hard time getting his views across. Now he seems very relaxed and comfortable in his role as Prince of Wales.

I think he's happy that William & Catherine and Harry is establishing their own court at Kensington Palace and now he's about to become a grandfather for the first time. There's just a glow about him now and I like seeing him joyful over these years.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
What on earth makes you think that the DoE is slowing down? That man fully intends to die with his boots on!

Incredible Iron Duke: Philip shrugs off his health battles of 2012 to do MORE official duties than last year | Mail Online
Old 01-02-2013, 01:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
What on earth makes you think that the DoE is slowing down? That man fully intends to die with his boots on!

Incredible Iron Duke: Philip shrugs off his health battles of 2012 to do MORE official duties than last year | Mail Online
Philip is the type of man that will be late for his own funeral.... too much other stuff to do.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Robert Jobson ‏@theroyaleditor Prince William's spent New Year in a dramatic helicopter search for man blown into sea in 50mph gales.