Prince William Receives his RAF Wings: April 11, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

georgiea

Royal Highness
City
N/A
Country
United States
When Prince William receives his pilot's wings at his graduation ceremony on Friday, Kate Middleton will not be there to watch him

'Ban' on Kate seeing RAF pilot William win his wings as he tries to keep her out of limelight | the Daily Mail

Quote:
But it is widely believed that the embarrassingly "middle-class" behaviour of her mother, Carole - who chewed gum throughout the ceremony and is said to have used words such as "toilet" and "pardon" in front of the Queen - contributed towards their break-up last April

I think this is utter rubbish. If Kate Middelton's mother was so low class why is Prince William still dating her and WILL PROBABLY MARRY HER IS A YEAR OR SO.:flowers:

From the Daily Mail (well informed as always...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:)
William, dashing in his Mess Dress as he prepares for crash course in royalty | the Mail on Sunday

"Charles will present his son with his "wings" today.
However, it is unlikely that William's girlfriend, Kate Middleton, will attend."

And the facts:

From Reuters: Prince William awarded Royal Air Force wings | Lifestyle | Living | Reuters

LONDON (Reuters Life!) - Prince William, watched by his admiring girlfriend Kate Middleton, received his Royal Air Force wings from his father Prince Charles on Friday.
Middleton, smiling and looking relaxed for photographers and camera crews, accompanied William to a reception and celebration lunch given for the fliers afterwards.

Thanks everyone for the photos! Wm looks remarkably handsome, as always. Charles & Camilla look very nice as well.

Prince Charles and Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall at Royal Air Force base Cranwell in northern England 11 April 2008 after being presented with his wings to complete his RAF pilot training:
William the pilot

In his capacity as Air Field Marshal, Britain's heir to the throne Prince Charles (left) congratulates his son Prince William on graduating from Royal Air Force (base) Cranwell in Lincolnshire, northern England 11 April 2008. William was among 25 graduates who received their 'wings' after several months of training
William gets his wings
William gets his wings

Britain's heir to the throne Prince Charles, in his capacity as Air Chief Marshall, - arrives at Royal Air Force base Cranwel, Sleaford l in Lincolnshire,north east England 11 April 2008. Charles was later presenting to his son his RAF pilot's wings in a ceremony at the base. Flying Officer Wales, training with the RAF since January, is one of 25 graduates who will receive their wings The attachment was part of a wider programme of events designed to prepare the Prince for his future role as head ofthe Armed Forces:
William gets his wings

A smiling Kate Middleton accompanies Britain's Prince William after he became a pilot of the Royal Air Force in a graduation ceremony held at RAF Cranwell in northern England 11 April 2008:
Wings for William

The long-term girl-friend of Britain's Prince William, Kate Middleton chats to guests (not in picture) at a reception which followed the graduation of the prince as an RAF pilot at Royal Air Force (base) Cranwell in northern England 11 April 2008:
Kate at William's graduation

Last edited:
From the Daily Mail (well informed as always...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:)
William, dashing in his Mess Dress as he prepares for crash course in royalty | the Mail on Sunday

"Charles will present his son with his "wings" today.
However, it is unlikely that William's girlfriend, Kate Middleton, will attend."

And the facts:

From Reuters: Prince William awarded Royal Air Force wings | Lifestyle | Living | Reuters

LONDON (Reuters Life!) - Prince William, watched by his admiring girlfriend Kate Middleton, received his Royal Air Force wings from his father Prince Charles on Friday.
Middleton, smiling and looking relaxed for photographers and camera crews, accompanied William to a reception and celebration lunch given for the fliers afterwards.
It can all be blamed :)whistling:) on the Daily Mail's ubiquitous "source close to the couple". :ROFLMAO:

The Daily Mail got it wrong, imagine that :lol:.
Congratulations to William and his fellow officers on receiving their wings :clap:

A smiling Kate Middleton accompanies Britain's Prince William after he became a pilot of the Royal Air Force in a graduation ceremony held at RAF Cranwell in northern England 11 April 2008:
Wings for William
You don't see many pictures of William and Catherine together at an official event. :wub:

Congratulations

Look at the magazine cooing about them.
Congratulations to William! Must be a great feeling (If only my graduation day could come faster). For Kate, two words.........boots.again.

It can all be blamed :)whistling:) on the Daily Mail's ubiquitous "source close to the couple". :ROFLMAO:

Somehow I believe they started to play the game as well and better than their opponents. So - Catherine spent two holidays with William with his father in attendance (Balmoral and Klosters), she attened two graduation ceremonies with a member of the Royal family in attendance. So - she is a guest at weddings and at charity events as the "date" of William. And still nobody of the public knows for sure if those two are ever going to marry. If Charles had done likewise with any lady before Diana he would have been forced to marry her, I think. But William - one can't be sure with William. And, ladies, I like that!:flowers:

I truly believe that the only people that know what is happening with their relationship is the couple themselves and their immediate families. The fact that up until Kate was seen today the Daily Mail was saying there was a ban on her attending (because of her common mother etc. :rolleyes:) says it all. The media really have no idea what their plans are, and this is becoming more and more obivious with each article published.

Look at the magazine cooing about them.
Congratulations to William! Must be a great feeling (If only my graduation day could come faster). For Kate, two words.........boots.again.

It's so so cold here today in England we have had hail showers etc today so I don't blame her for wearing boots!

Also give her a break what she is wearing is very fashionable in england - knee high boots are an essential during late autumn/winter/spring.

Lovely lovely lovely! Rather interesting too to see this kind of "preview" of the futur reign.

Two nice events with great pics, thank you to everybody how posted!:flowers:

No surpise...:whistling:, i like much the family pics of William with his father and step mother and most i love the ones of William with his soooo proud father!:wub:

Prince Charles praises his graduating flying officer son

i read in the Daily Mail article that Lady Sarah McCorquodale was also watching in the audience that is such a nice touch to include his mother's family in the special occassion :)

Ive always liked Kate but was unsure whether she was right about William but today my opinion suddenly changed and i realsied that she is his perfect wife, she looked so proud and both very much in love. :wub:

as much as every girl like myself may wish that it could be us that would be his wife particularly in his RAF uniform, Kate has really impressed me during this cermony and their body language suggests that the "big hat" occassion might not be that many years away - im away off to buy the hat now:lol::ROFLMAO:

They both looked so amazing! Kate finally seems to fit into the Royal look at least in my opinion. Anyone who knows my opinion of William knows I think he's incredibly intelligent and was gorgeous especially younger (here comes the oh but the Windsor genes kicked in comments) Lately though I've hated his hair but today omg he looked amazing possibly the best he's looked in years, I do wish though he would cover the bald spot it's actually not as bad when he styles it. Very good job William congrats on your wings

Yes I agree...she fits well. I think whatever "tests" she has been put through, she has passed with flying colors. She looked very chic and genuinely happy for her man too. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
She was positively glowing with pride! And, I also read that one of his Spencer family aunts was there; I think that is very nice and I'm quite glad that he spends time with them and shares occasions with them.

I Watched her on tv,she looked great!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom