Prince William: Birthday Visit to Wales - June 19, 2003

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This one is a lot more blurry...

Attachments

• aaaaa.jpg
    aaaaa.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 429
Article from the Sun.

Wills is prince of Wales

By SUN ONLINE REPORTER

HUNDREDS of Royal fans lined the streets of Bangor today to wish Prince William a happy 21st birthday.

Children from the city's primary school treated him to a chorus of Happy Birthday - in both Welsh and English - as he stepped from the Royal train, in North Wales.

Wills turns 21 on Saturday and this morning was dressed smartly in a navy blue suit and tie and accompanied by his father, the Prince of Wales.

Well-wishers had waited for up to two hours in the rain to catch a glimpse of the prince, who went on to visit a Food Fair, at Anglesey Agricultural Showground.

Carole Beard, 35, said he told her he was planning to learn to speak Welsh.

She said: "He was very pleasant. You could tell he has a lot of the qualities of his mother."

Another fan, Marie Wilcox, 64, said: "It’s the first time I’ve seen Prince William and he is so like his mother, unbelievably like her.

"He has a gentle demeanour and was very personable, looking you straight in the face as he spoke to you."

Wills will celebrate his 21st birthday in two days time, with an African themed party for pals.

0,,2003280582,00.jpg

Royal reception ... Prince meets with well-wishers

From BBC NEWS

William overshadows his father
By Tom Bourton
BBC News Online

Prince William stepped out from his father's shadow to lead his 21st birthday celebrations in north Wales.

The two princes were visiting a food fair in Angelesy as part of William's only official day of engagements to mark his birthday.

But they did not come alone. An armada of the world's media followed, as did a few hundred well-wishers from far and wide.

There was a silence as the royal party arrived, and it stayed for almost two hours as the massed throng of dignitaries and officials shifted slowly from stall to stall.

In the swelling crowds, whispered comments followed every glimpse of the princes across the hall, every ripple of laughter and every flash of camera bulbs.

William's father may be ahead of him when it comes to the succession, but there was no doubt who was fronting this particular event.

The young prince was relaxed as he made his way around the hall, joking and chatting with local farmers and business people, sampling their produce and gratefully receiving birthday greetings and gifts from all directions.

With a healthy dollop of small talk and a hearty willingness to get involved with the people, he seemed to leave all his fans satisfied.

He even caught the press pack out when he popped up to chat to the Anglesey youth theatre singers.

It meant men weighed down by their cameras each had to jog back to get the shots of him talking with the choir.

The choice of venue was an interesting one.

Anglesey could hardly be described as a monarchist heartland, but where better to make the point that he is taking his royal duties seriously.

As for the farmers, they were delighted at the attention.

William brought the spotlight of the world to an area that has had a tough time of late and is still clawing its way back from the ravages of foot-and-mouth.

And there is nothing like a long wait to build a hunger.

While the royals were saying their last goodbyes to the people lining the barriers outside, many of the crowd had their eyes on the door to the fair.

And, as soon as the royals left, the stampede began for the food hall that had been the princes' private property all morning.

Pictures that accompanied the article.

Prince William spent nearly two hours at the food fair

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 295
In the 7th picture up is a picture of Prince Charles looking distinctly uncomfortable. There should to be a special place in heaven reserved for the terminally shy person born next in line to the throne. :cry:

Prince William sampled goods from most of the stalls

Attachments

• aa.jpg
    aa.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 255
Departing Plaid Cymru leader Ieuan Wyn Jones also visited the fair

@Thissal- is Charles really shy? He is always described as very outspoken...

Attachments

• aaa.jpg
    aaa.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 256
Jamey -- it is possible to be shy and outspoken at the same time as I see Prince Charles doing.

Conversely, it is possible to not be shy and yet be very reticent and play one's card close to the vest as I see Prince William doing.

i had no idea Prince Charles is SHY!

Prince William have good time at food fair and greets at well wishers and will more well wishers at South Wales i hope so

Sara Boyce

It looks like Prince William needs his mother's support to remain his true self. He looks a bit beat up in this picture.

Attachments

• capt.sge.usg34.190603152648.photo00.default_272x384.jpg
    capt.sge.usg34.190603152648.photo00.default_272x384.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 372
Originally posted by thissal@Jun 19th, 2003 - 4:33 pm
Jamey -- it is possible to be shy and outspoken at the same time as I see Prince Charles doing.

Conversely, it is possible to not be shy and yet be very reticent and play one's card close to the vest as I see Prince William doing.
Good point. :)

More Pictures from Corbis

19/6/03, ANGLESEY, WALES, UNITED KINGDOM --- Prince William about to drink some cherry brandy at the Anglesey Food Fair at the Anglesey Agricultural Showground as part of his 21st birthday tour of Wales. --- Photo by Corbis Sygma/Corbis Sygma

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 304
19/6/03, NEWPORT, WALES, UNITED KINGDOM --- Prince William watches as his father, Prince Charles, signs the visitors' book during a visit to the Nash Day Centre for the homeless. --- Photo by Tim Graham/Corbis Sygma

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 296
19/6/03, NEWPORT, WALES, UNITED KINGDOM --- Prince William and Prince Charles during a visit to the Nash Day Centre for the homeless. --- Photo by Tim Graham/Corbis Sygma

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 284
19/6/03, NEWPORT, WALES, UNITED KINGDOM --- Prince William looking a bit overwhelmed by all the attention on his official visit to Wales. Enthusiastic crowds had turned out to see him in scenes reminiscent of his mother. --- Photo by Tim Graham/Corbis Sygma

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 306
19/6/03, NEWPORT, WALES, UNITED KINGDOM --- Prince William in a pensive mood with his arms crossed after an overwhelming day when the people of Wales gave him an enthusiastic welcome remininiscent of his mother's era. He had dressed in a formal suit with cufflinks and pocket handkerchief. --- Photo by Tim Graham/Corbis Sygma

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 353
19/6/03, ANGLESEY, WALES, UNITED KINGDOM --- Prince William drinking some cherry brandy at the Anglesey Food Fair at the Anglesey Agricultural Showground as part of his 21st birthday tour of Wales. --- Photo by Corbis Sygma/Corbis Sygma

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 243
Originally posted by Jalmey@Jun 19th, 2003 - 7:36 pm
19/6/03, NEWPORT, WALES, UNITED KINGDOM --- Prince William in a pensive mood with his arms crossed after an overwhelming day when the people of Wales gave him an enthusiastic welcome remininiscent of his mother's era. He had dressed in a formal suit with cufflinks and pocket handkerchief. --- Photo by Tim Graham/Corbis Sygma
I know that he missed his mum lots ! that true !

I never met her before ! my mom watch CNN news about Princess Diana's death.

I felt depressed and cried lots makes me worse of her i would be her Princess Diana's hearts forever !

I would remind of Princess Diana lots ! they wont forget it !

Sara Boyce

Originally posted by sara1981+Jun 19th, 2003 - 8:56 pm--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sara1981 @ Jun 19th, 2003 - 8:56 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Jalmey@Jun 19th, 2003 - 7:36 pm
I know that he missed his mum lots ! that true !

I never met her before ! my mom watch CNN news about Princess Diana's death.

I felt depressed and cried lots makes me worse of her i would be her Princess Diana's hearts forever !

I would remind of Princess Diana lots ! they wont forget it !

Sara Boyce [/b][/quote]
i forget add

my mom watch about Princess Diana's coffin from Paris to London when my mom watch CNN news i had no idea about Princess Diana's death

Sara Boyce

do they got a castle or a house in Wales that belongs to however is prince of Wales at the time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom