The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-03-2016, 11:57 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Alhough I don't agree on manay things and choices regarding William, I don't see the issue of security personel with him. I don't know what the big deal is...

See, it's not tru that posters writing negative stuff on William always criticize him, no matter what. Just saying
I don't know what the big deal is either. And I fully respect that you and others don't agree with many things and choices regarding William, but there are posters here who never have something positive to say about William and it's likely that they will criticize this as well.

Old 04-03-2016, 04:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
I don't know what the big deal is either. And I fully respect that you and others don't agree with many things and choices regarding William, but there are posters here who never have something positive to say about William and it's likely that they will criticize this as well.
Thank you My comment was a general response as some seem to think that one who criticizes William won't give him credit when it's due. I don't even make comparisons with Harry just to praise William in lack of arguments. I wholeheartedly disagree with his decisions and think he is bad at his role as future king, but I'll repeat it, it's natural for him to have a RPO everywhere, and I thought it was already clear that he would have protection on his work.

Old 04-27-2016, 07:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The East Anglian Air Ambulance with a crew including Prince William was called to help a woman who collapsed in Mildenhall.

Paramedics were called at 8.30am to treat the woman who was in cardiac arrest
Read more: Air ambulance with crew including Prince William flies to help woman in Mildenhall - Bury Free Press
Old 05-20-2016, 12:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Look who dropped in for sports day! Prince William makes impromptu visit to a primary school after landing air ambulance on playing field during emergency callout to injured woman next do. Prince William, 33, lands on school's playing field to pick up patient

The woman lives close to Kingsfleet Primary School in Felixstowe, Suffolk
He introduced himself as 'Prince William' and seemed 'very calm' The future King apologised for disrupting the children's sports day

A children's sports day was interrupted when an air ambulance made an emergency landing on the school's field - which was being flown by Prince William.

The future King, 33, landed the yellow vehicle 'safely' and quickly disembarked to explain to teachers why he used their field as a place to land.

He was very 'apologetic' for disrupting the children's sports day at the Kingsfleet Primary School in Felixstowe, Suffolk, and even said to one teacher: 'Hello, I'm Prince William' before waving to the crowd.

The Duke of Cambridge received the call to fly the helicopter from Cambridge after a woman in her 70s sustained 'badly broken bones' after falling from her loft near the primary school.

She was moved from an ambulance to the Anglia Two helicopter after it left Cambridge yesterday afternoon.

Pupils in years three to six at the school had just finished the last event when the helicopter was spotted in the sky.

They had 'no idea' that it was going to land and the medal presentation - which had been scheduled to take place outside - was then carried out inside the school.

Rebecca McCarthy, the school's deputy headteacher, said the future King landed on the field and was very 'apologetic' for interrupting the sports day.

She told MailOnline: 'There was a call put into the ambulance service from someone who lives nearby when we were coming to the end of our sports day.

'The children became excited because there was this huge yellow helicopter flying over the sports
Read more: Look who dropped in for sports day! Prince William makes impromptu visit to a primary school after landing air ambulance on playing field during emergency callout to injured woman next door* | Daily Mail Online
Old 05-20-2016, 01:44 PM
Royal Highness

Haha, it's darling that he thinks a helicopter landing would be disrupting. Ofc it would be, but imagine how cool it's for the kids!!
Old 06-02-2016, 02:03 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Prince William flies to the aid of an elderly heart attack victim in Cambridgeshire | Daily Mail Online
Old 06-27-2016, 01:47 PM
Heir Apparent

William was spotted at work today

Tom Horn @tomhorn8
Not everyday I see Prince William landing on green at bottom of my Littleport road for @EastAngliAirAmb! @BBCCambs

https://twitter.com/tomhorn8/status/747413019240587264
Old 07-15-2016, 02:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
East Anglian Air Ambulance pilot and future king Prince William was called away to an emergency near a King’s Lynn school on Wednesday morning just before the Queen was set to open the new air ambulance base at Cambridge airport.

The Duke of Cambridge and was deployed to an emergency in King’s Lynn less than an hour before the Queen was due to arrive for the opening of the new base.

The helicopter however made it back just in time and Prince William was able to greet his grandmother.
Read more:Prince William called away to emergency in King’s Lynn while Queen opens new air ambulance base - News - Eastern Daily Press
Old 08-09-2016, 09:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Prince William attended a call out with the East Anglian Air Ambulance in Cross Street, Sudbury, on Tuesday morning after an 80-year-old woman dislocated her hip.

Providing additional pain relief and medication for the ambulance already on scene, the crew landed on nearby Freemans Little Common, just after 8.30am
Read more: Prince William pictured on air ambulance call out in Sudbury - Haverhill Echo
Old 08-31-2016, 10:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Prince William is believed to have attended a serious road accident which saw an injured motorcyclist taken to hospital after a crash with a BMW.

The East Anglian Air Ambulance, which the Duke of Cambridge flies for, was called to the scene on the junction of Maldon Road and Post Office Road, near Danbury in Woodham Mortimer, on Tuesday evening (August 30).
Read more: Prince William flew air ambulance to injured motorcyclist in Danbury, claim witnesses | Essex Live
Old 08-31-2016, 10:31 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
As we read about Harry's full involvement with conservation and preservation of animals in Africa and how he's devoting 150% of his energy to it, I think I would also go as far as to put this same meaning into the work that William is doing with his job with EAAA. It is definitely not fun and games and "playing pilot" and takes an extreme amount of mental focus and the ability to make split second decisions that can mean the difference between life and death. Its also an area where professionals witness and see things that they really wish they didn't have to see and need to push it to the back of the mind and focus on the task at hand and get the job done. This is why debriefing after something serious has happened is all important.

There's not many in this world that would take on this profession willingly and I really do admire William for wanting to devote his time and energy in service to his country and its people this way.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 08-31-2016, 10:51 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
As we read about Harry's full involvement with conservation and preservation of animals in Africa and how he's devoting 150% of his energy to it, I think I would also go as far as to put this same meaning into the work that William is doing with his job with EAAA. It is definitely not fun and games and "playing pilot" and takes an extreme amount of mental focus and the ability to make split second decisions that can mean the difference between life and death. Its also an area where professionals witness and see things that they really wish they didn't have to see and need to push it to the back of the mind and focus on the task at hand and get the job done. This is why debriefing after something serious has happened is all important.

There's not many in this world that would take on this profession willingly and I really do admire William for wanting to devote his time and energy in service to his country and its people this way.
I completely agree with you. I think it is admirable that he has taken on this job.
Old 09-08-2016, 10:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
This is the moment Prince William landed at a stabbing incident in his air ambulance.

The royal was seen arriving at Letchworth, Hertfordshire in his East of England Air Ambulance yesterday afternoon as shocked onlookers gathered to watch.

He had been called out to attend the incident following reports that a man had been stabbed on a residential estate.

Pictures show the prince sitting in the cockpit after the helicopter landed in a field.

Jordan Hamill, 19, streamed a live video of the Duke of Cambridge on Facebook.

He said: 'I had just finished work and my friend phoned me and said what had happened and I just ran over there.

'At first I didn't know it was him, but then everyone kept saying Prince William was there
Read more: Prince William called out to a stabbing in his Air Ambulance* | Daily Mail Online
Old 09-08-2016, 11:10 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Sheeesh. Nothing like gawkers at the scene of an emergency. The video was totally harmless and probably quite a distance from where the emergency personnel were trying to work but it still totally amazes me that with a simple cell phone, something can be broadcast around the world in seconds.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 09-20-2016, 08:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Kensington Palace @KensingtonRoyal
The @EastAngliAirAmb is marking #NAAW2016 with a @BBC_Future project offering a look ‘Inside the trauma team where Prince William works’.

Kensington Palace @KensingtonRoyal
The Duke of Cambridge is featured alongside his @EastAngliAirAmb team mates in the interactive @BBC_Future project.
https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...06603371462676

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal
The @BBC_Future multi-media offers an in-depth look at the @EastAngliAirAmb team and technology they use
https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...10200913985536

The Duke: "When I put my air ambulance hat on, and I come here and I fly, I’m one of the team.” #NAAW2016
https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...13543145197569

The Duke feels privileged to work with the Air Ambulance Service #NAAW2016
https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...16674524512260

“It’s effectively bringing a hospital to the casualty” - The Duke on the role of the @EastAngliAirAmb #NAAW2016
https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...18196767383552

BBC - Future - Inside the trauma team where Prince William is a pilot

Prince William on 'sad and dark moments' - BBC News
Old 09-20-2016, 10:14 AM
Courtier

William about being part of a team

I really enjoyed listening to this fragment. The easy with his teammates is obvious and real.
And for those that wondered, apparently he is still using William Wales as his name, not Cambridge.
Old 09-20-2016, 10:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLV View Post
William about being part of a team

I really enjoyed listening to this fragment. The easy with his teammates is obvious and real.
And for those that wondered, apparently he is still using William Wales as his name, not Cambridge.
He only use 'William Wales' for work. He's been under that name since he entered the military. He's no longer Prince William of Wales though.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 09-20-2016, 11:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Even used it before the military, used it at St Andrews too.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 09-20-2016, 11:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Delightful video. Rubbishes the idea that he is some kind of elitist who can't stand many people, does not like to work.
Old 09-20-2016, 12:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Top bloke. I'll be proud to have Prince William as my king.