Old 04-08-2017, 11:17 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Prince William used country pub toilet during air rescue | Daily Mail Online

slow news day so we get these type of reports

Old 04-08-2017, 12:44 PM
Majesty

Quote:
A critically ill man has died in hospital following a rescue mission involving air ambulance pilot Prince William.

Police were called to an address in Townsend Close, Barkway, Hertfordshire at 9am on April 4 over concerns for the welfare of the man.

An ambulance crew, two rapid response vehicles, ambulance officer and East Anglian Air Ambulance were dispatched to attend the scene.

Prince William, a helicopter pilot for the East Anglia Air Ambulance, was part of the response and landed his aircraft near the Tally Ho pub in the village.
Read more: Critically ill man dies in hospital despite rescue effort involving Prince William - Cambridge News
Old 05-26-2017, 08:53 AM
Majesty

Quote:
A 16-year-old boy drowned while out swimming on the hottest day of the year so far.

The teenager got into trouble in a lake at the Lee Valley Park in Cheshunt, Hertfordshire yesterday evening. Prince William was among the emergency crew who tried to rescue him.

The Duke of Cambridge was scrambled to pilot an Air Ambulance helicopter to the country park after the emergency services were alerted.

After an hour long search the body of a boy was pulled from the water. Tragically he was pronounced dead at the scene, the first person this year to drown while out swimming in the recent spell of hot weather.

Videos taken at the scene show The Duke of Cambridge landing his helicopter, and then walking towards the scene at around 8.00pm on Thursday.
Read more: Prince William flies air ambulance to try to save teenager who drowned on hottest day of the year
Old 07-26-2017, 08:18 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Prince William is set to complete his final air ambulance pilot shift before taking taking up royal duties full-time.

The Duke of Cambridge will step behind the gears for the last time on Thursday evening when he finishes a night shift with the East Anglian Air Ambulance.

His installation as a full-time royal will coincide with grandfather Prince Philip's retirement from public engagements.
Read more: Prince William prepares for final pilot shift ahead of full-time royal duty - ITV News

Quote:
Before joining EAAA, William spent three years piloting Sea King search and rescue missions out of RAF Valley on Anglesey, undertaking 156 operations and rescuing 149 people.

Patrick Peal, EAAA's chief executive, said: "William has been an integral part of the team for the past two years. He is not only a fantastic pilot, but a much loved and valued member of the crew; he will be truly missed by everyone at EAAA.

"As one would expect, there has been a lot of excitement surrounding William and his work with the charity. To us, he has simply been another hard-working member of the team; one of eleven highly respected pilots who help us to save hundreds of lives each year."
Read more: Prince William starts last day as air ambulance pilot - Daily Post
Old 07-26-2017, 09:36 PM
Courtier

[QUOTE=Rudolph;2005964]Read more: Prince William prepares for final pilot shift ahead of full-time royal duty - ITV News

His installation as a full-time royal will coincide with grandfather Prince Philip's retirement from public engagements.

/QUOTE]

Personally, I've always thought this was the general plan-to have William and Kate become more active only when the senior (older) royals began to step back.

I believe the "gap year" William had after he left the RAF was partly the result of all the ill health Philip, the Duke of Kent and Princess Alexandra suffered from in 2013. I don't think the Way Ahead Group wanted William to have any firm commitments so he could step up if needed.

Remember, Philip fell ill, had surgery and disappeared for awhile. I have my suspicions about what was going on. I think they all weren't sure how much of a recovery Philip would make and wanted William available if needed.
Old 07-27-2017, 07:05 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Prince William has written a letter sharing his ‘profound respect’ for his colleagues in the East Anglian Air Ambulance as he prepares for his last shift as a pilot for the charity.
Read more: Prince William writes letter thanking colleagues as he leaves East Anglian Air Ambulance - Norfolk News | Eastern Daily Press

Press release from EAAA

https://www.eaaa.org.uk/press-releas...air-ambulance/
Old 07-27-2017, 07:14 AM
Royal Highness

Wonderful letter! I am sure this has had a profound impact on William and I think it will be a great experience for him to have in the future of his role. Today must be a sad day for him!
Old 07-27-2017, 01:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Old 07-27-2017, 03:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

Pictures:
The Duke of Cambridge and his crew-
https://mobile.twitter.com/RE_DailyM...33738484363265

Video:
William on his last pre-shift briefing-
https://mobile.twitter.com/RE_DailyM...34018055573504

William last photocall with the crew-
https://mobile.twitter.com/RE_DailyM...35705302609921

Video:
https://itnproductions.com/news/vide...escue?type=raw

A.W. TOZER
Old 07-27-2017, 05:07 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I think it was lovely of William to donate his salary to the EEAA. His letter was very nicely written too - and those were nice photos of him with his old team.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 07-27-2017, 07:24 PM
Heir Apparent

This was excellent experience for a future King. He wanted "real life" and he got it, and realized some things about his own capacities in the process, I think.

We forget that Her Majesty was a truck mechanic, for heaven's sake. As a pilot is responsible for the fitness of his equipment, they share a detailed, linear, analytic, rule bounded but creativity challenged work experience in this way. And I think that fertile ground to develop a fair, balanced, inspired way to approach problems in general (AKA judgement under fire).

But the people contact William had in this job is likely something neither his dad nor granny experienced first hand in such a compressed atmosphere. I can't help but believe it will help him when King and leading the country into the unknown and dangerous times he will face.

I dream about crises in my job. William chose a job that leapt from idle to crisis. I have no doubt he dreams about those crises. And is a better man for it.
Old 07-28-2017, 04:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

It's already proving so AdmirerUS. I can't remember where I saw it, more than likely YouTube, but it was one of the First Responders to the Grenfell Apt Fire talking about meeting William at one of the Centres. He said something along the lines of how he was so nervous meeting Prince William, but after they started talking, he stopped thinking of him as Prince William & he became William a fellow Member of The First Responders Community. He also said it was refreshing to talk to a VIP who instantly got it & he didn't have to explain certain things to.

Most importantly though, he said William asked every single First Responder there if they had talked to any Counsellors yet & was making sure they had the information needed to reach someone to talk to. As he said, William gets it, as William said himself in that wonderful letter he wrote.

I think these years are going to be very important to him in the Future, as he's learned skills that will stand him in excellent stead & First Responders also have a valuable Ally now as well.
Old 07-28-2017, 06:45 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Prince William flew a woman critically injured in a collision involving a police van to hospital during his final shift as an air ambulance pilot.

William's East Anglian Air Ambulance (EAAA) crew took the woman to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge following the crash in Hethel, eight miles south-west of Norwich, on Thursday evening.

She had been left seriously injured after being struck by a marked police van responding to a 999 call. Nobody else was hurt in the collision.
Read more: William flies critically injured woman to hospital on final air ambulance shift - ITV News
Old 07-28-2017, 09:58 AM
Courtier

Lovely open letter from William honouring not only his own team but all of those who will continue to carry on, on a daily basis. I've no doubt he has seen more than he will admit to.

How poignant that his final call-out was the victim of a road accident, a woman in her fifties.
Old 07-28-2017, 10:33 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
What a heartfelt letter William wrote for his last shift at EAAA. I think it lays to rest the notion that anyone could have had that William's years of service to air ambulance was a passing fancy or a fun job flying helicopters. Being part of a trauma squad where minutes can mean the difference between life and death is perhaps one of the most stressful jobs physically and emotionally a person can take on. It takes a whole lot of dedication and determination and discipline to be able to work seamlessly with a crew to assure that the best in medical care is made available and often times, split second decisions can mean the difference between life and death.

Those years will be experiences that William will never forget and I think we can be pretty assured that the emergency care organizations of the UK and the support systems needed for its workers will always have a priority for William as he knows from first hand experience how important it is to have everything that they need made available to them.
Old 07-28-2017, 10:47 AM
Majesty

I can't even imagine. Motor vehicle accidents can be gruesome. Compound fractures, loss of limbs. I take my hat off to William. It's not a job I'd be able to do.

Quote:
The Duke of Cambridge has described how "there are things that cannot be unseen" as he carries out his final shift as an air ambulance pilot.

Paying a personal tribute to the nation's emergency services, Prince William spoke of his "profound respect" for its men and women who deal with experiences "on a daily basis that they will carry with them for life".

The Duke joined the East Anglian Air Ambulance service in March 2015, after serving for nearly five years as a helicopter pilot with the RAF's Search and Rescue Force, and began piloting his first operational missions in July that year.
Read moreover: Prince William tells of 'things that cannot be unseen' ahead of final air ambulance shift
Old 07-28-2017, 01:23 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Inside the air ambulance unit on William's last day

Old 07-29-2017, 02:48 PM
Majesty

What a stressful job. I can't imagine how William was able to do this for two years.

Quote:
A woman who was flown to hospital by the Duke of Cambridge after being hit by a marked police van has died.

She suffered head injuries when she was run over in Hethel, near Wymondham in Norfolk, on Thursday night, as police responded to a 999 call that had been made over fears for her welfare.

Prince William flew her to Cambridge's Addenbrooke's Hospital on his final East Anglian Air Ambulance shift.
Read more: Prince William's air ambulance patient dies
Old 07-29-2017, 03:48 PM
Courtier

I really applaud this young man for the way he has taken control of his life and done so many wonderful things to help others. He could of done nothing except very little with his life and just be a playboy prince of the rich and famous, yet he made huge decisions to really make his life worthwhile and mean something to his country, the royal family and himself.

I feel sad that he has to give up something that means so much to him in a personal way.....he was a part of something that really helped save the lives of other people and that can not be said as a bad thing.....I find Prince William a remarkable young man who with all these life's experiences of helping save lives will be something he will take with him in the future and they will help guide him in his future decisions. Someday he will be a remarkable king and will guide his son the same.