Prince George's 1st Birthday: July 22, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's Princess Ingrid Alexandra of Norway :flowers:

Aha! Thank you! I was wondering since I couldn't get a singular ID on the picture. It just showed up among Kate pictures. I will correct my posts if I still can. :flowers: (Later: I was able to change the signified picture in my link. My-oh-my but Princess Alexandra was a serious cutie as a baby!)

P.S. I still think George favors his mother's paternal side strongly - for all the reasons given. ;)

Last edited:
Does anyone know exact time when pictures will be released tonight?

George resembles grandpa Middleton
Usually boys look like mums,girls their dad's
Not this boy

Emily Andrews @byEmilyAndrews · 2h
Kate & William are due to release a statement thanking public for all their good wishes and birthday presents for George. #excellentmanners

RoyalKateDebate @RoyalKateDebate · 10s
"@victoriaarbiter: DVR reminder - a #royal E! News Special airs tonight at 8.30pm EDT "Prince George Turns One."" and tomorrow at 9pm in UK

It really is hard to believe it's been a whole year since the world seemed to go slightly mad. Watching hundreds of journalists/cameramen/photographers standing outside a door for days while offering all the craziness via a 24/7 livestream was certainly pretty surreal.

Little George is adorable, though. I sense a lot of goodwill towards him even from people not at all interested in the RF.

It really is hard to believe it's been a whole year since the world seemed to go slightly mad. Watching hundreds of journalists/cameramen/photographers standing outside a door for days while offering all the craziness via a 24/7 livestream was certainly pretty surreal.

Little George is adorable, though. I sense a lot of goodwill towards him even from people not at all interested in the RF.

Babies do it - then they become teenagers (as my mother always said). ;)

Some tabloid has the cutest darn picture of him on their cover right now. One can see it in the supermarket check-out line. He really is quite charming in his looks.

And now the embargo is up;

The actual pictures;
@ClarenceHouse: Watching the butterflies flutter by… As promised, two more pictures of Prince George #HappyBirthdayPrinceGeorge http://t.co/1q2d7HuMeG

Oh my goodness, he's so adorable! He's always been a handsome little guy, but I swear he keeps getting cuter and cuter.

Previously, I thought George looked almost identical to William as a baby, but now I definitely see an increasing resemblance to Kate and her dad.

And he's always got the most adorable little outfits as well. Okay, I've got to stop myself from gushing over him because I could go on and on.

Lovely family portraits! I think George really resembles Catherine's dad.

That's one beautiful family. Happy Birthday HRH Prince George!!!

What lovely pictures. George is one cute little guy. I love how intently he stares at the butterfly on his Papa's hand :D :wub:.

While his hair looks reddish i think his hair will change...his eye brows look brownish...my sister had strawberry blonde hair and end up being a dirty blonde.

The Birth of HRH Prince George of Cambridge, 22 July 2013

NOOOOOO
George is developing a neck. Go back to having no neck!
Ok that's just a joke, people I know always love a baby with so much baby fat that it looks like their head connects right to their shoulders.
His hair doesn't look red at all, it looks dark blonde, sometimes golden blonde. A lighter shade of what William has now.

Last edited:
I think George's hair looks blond, but a strawberry blond. Not at all surprising - a lot of people are blond as children, and there's also reddish hair in the family (William was blond, Harry's was kind of a light red, and I think Diana was a strawberry blonde - I think Kate was always brunette? Not that that matters - both of my parents were always brunette, but I was blonde until my teenage years).

Queen Victoria and Queen Alexandra had dark red hair and Queen Mary was a strawberry blond. And red hair has been a Spencer family trait for centuries...in fact, Diana was the only one of her generation NOT to have red hair. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he has Prince William's coloring, but to me, his face is strongly Michael Middleton, with maybe a touch of Prince Charles. He's his own adorable self, though. I want to pinch those cute chubby cheeks!

George resembles grandpa Middleton
Usually boys look like mums,girls their dad's
Not this boy

Yes, I absolutely agree. At this point I don't see much Windsor-Mountbatten in him, although that may change. Catherine's family is quite good looking and I think it's a good thing that the dominate Windsor-Mountbatten genes has some competition. Particularly with the teeth and hairline. :lol:

Makes me wonder when William will give George the talk. Letting him know about his destiny. I wonder what age he will find out that he will become King. :lol:

The Birth of HRH Prince George of Cambridge, 22 July 2013

Makes me wonder when William will give George the talk. Letting him know about his destiny. I wonder what age he will find out that he will become King. :lol:

I think it's something you pick up along the way. He is going to notice the way his Great Granny is treated and get taught to bow to her. He is going to get to watch Grandpa Charles get crowned and pick up along the way that not everyone lives in a palace and has a police officer.

I recently read a book about Edward VII, he thought that his older sister Vicky was going to be the next Queen and didn't figure out he was the heir until he was 8.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Last edited:

I doubt it has happened yet!:lol:
Took me a minute to figure out what you meant by the talk. pretty sure that other one has not occurred yet either! Got it now!:lol:
And I agree- he will figure out that not everyone has a palace or police.
I'm still trying to figure out if one can view the photos yet or are they embargoed?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom