The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-23-2014, 12:13 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
...Thank God we have something joyful and happy to talk about for a bit of a break from the horrific news from Ukraine and the Middle East...
...I really hope that Prince George had an amazing Birthday Party filled w/lots of love and lots of Cake!!
I could not have said it better myself. I love the intently George was exploring that butterfly You can tell he's very observant, and interested in what is around him. I hope in the future we see more pictures like this from the Cambridges. These three have so much love between them, and you can see it from the photographs.

In all honesty, I think it's healthy to step away from the ugliness of the world, and focus on something positive and full of hope, such as a celebration of a child's life, whether it's a royal child, or not. It helps you see that even though there's sorrow and suffering, there's also joy and life. No one should be made to feel guilty for doing that. If all we see is negative, then our lives are going to be pretty dismal ( and this is coming from someone who is almost always a bit on the cynical and 'realistic' side of things).

So, on that lovely note, like you, I hope that George had a lovely party, and was allowed to have an extra piece of cake . Right now, he's just a child, and his birthday should not be put on hold just because some megalomaniac from another country decided to display his psychotic tendencies to the world.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-23-2014, 12:34 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
A year flies by, doesn't it? That picture of little Master Wiggle Worm reaching for the Butterfly on his Dad's hand? I melted when I saw that last night. These 1st Birthday photos have set the bar for future Royal 1st Birthday photos period IMHO. The naturalness of them and the fact we see a little one who is w/out a doubt curious about the World around and very determined not to miss anything that could be seen and explored? I will take these 10,000 times over the usual posed pictures we get on occasions like this. Well done Will and Kate!!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
It does indeed. Before we know it, little George will be starting school.
I really liked that photo of George and the butterfly too, how he seemed to be concentrating on it so much was adorable. I love how babies get pleased at the littlest of things, it's so sweet. But my favourite photo has to be the one of George with his arms outstretched, probably trying to grab the butterflies. It reminds me of when he tried to grab the bilby during the Australia/New Zealand tour.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 07-23-2014, 06:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
I could not have said it better myself. I love the intently George was exploring that butterfly ...
Ditto! I loved that particular picture. The love just pours out of those 3.
Old 07-23-2014, 09:53 PM
Nobility

He looks like a Middleton with daddy's nostrils. I love the chubby cheeks. Make you want to pinch them. He has a certain willfulness about him, oh, my, already, at such a young age!
Old 07-23-2014, 10:17 PM
Administrator in Memoriam

The three official 1st birthday photos of Prince George were released for wide media distribution
and can now be found in the 1st post of this thread.

¤

Old 07-23-2014, 10:24 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
This is a little guy that for sure doesn't have any qualms about exploring his world and trying to grab whole chucks of it at one time with his chubby little fists. Oh to have that sense of adventure and wonder again!

He certainly is going to be a joy to his family. I think that's the best part of having children is that it gives us adults a chance to hold hands as we cross the street, have cookies and milk and delve into the wonderful and imaginary worlds of childhood fantasies.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 07-23-2014, 11:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Or have children around us. I don't have children, but I love hanging out with kids. Lets me be a child at heart. Children are so innocent, so free from adult concerns.
To watch Sesame Street and talk about Big Bird and other carefree things is so refreshing. Plus they say the coolest stuff- I learn so much from them.
Old 07-24-2014, 12:25 AM
Courtier

A couple of the articles show Prince and Princess Michael pulling into KP and claim they attended the party - I wonder whether they did or if they just happened to be arriving home when the other guests where arriving for the party. Prince George looks to me to be slimming down now that he's completely mobile - I bet he's one who went from crawl to run w/ no walk phase in between.
Old 07-24-2014, 12:34 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
A couple of the articles show Prince and Princess Michael pulling into KP and claim they attended the party - I wonder whether they did or if they just happened to be arriving home when the other guests where arriving for the party. Prince George looks to me to be slimming down now that he's completely mobile - I bet he's one who went from crawl to run w/ no walk phase in between.
I would be really surprised if the Cambridges did not invite the Kents over for the party. They are extended family after all.

Yeps.. that'd be our George. "I'm up.. I'm going... I'm GONE! There's too much to do and so little time".
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 07-24-2014, 07:39 AM
Heir Apparent

I kind of think that P/Pr Michael were just coming home. It was basically the same crowd that was at George's christening. There wasn't extended family at that event and if they were going to invite more family to his birthday party, Peter Phillips with his girls & the Linleys are more likely that P/Pr Michael to me. The Gloucesters are right next door to Apt 1a. Princess Alexandria is William's godmother. They would probably be ahead on the theoretical invite list too.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 07-24-2014, 08:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Was William at the party? I know, it's a silly question but he wasn't even mentioned...
Old 07-24-2014, 09:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince George's 1st birthday - 22 July 2014

It is safe to say William was at the party. If Kate and George didn't have the earlier in the day road trip to BP -there won't have been photos of them on the day either. There are photos of the Middletons and most of Cheeks' godparents coming to KP. I didn't see any Harry photos but he could just walked over and I would think that Miguel and Rebecca were probably there too.

Lupo probably spent the whole party sulking since he got replaced with a butterfly in the new photos

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 07-24-2014, 09:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Thank you. It's strange that the media talked a lot about the guests, the queen and Kate but not about william
Old 07-24-2014, 10:59 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I would be really surprised if the Cambridges did not invite the Kents over for the party. They are extended family after all.

Yeps.. that'd be our George. "I'm up.. I'm going... I'm GONE! There's too much to do and so little time".
I suspect there are an awful lot of friends and family that the Cambridge family are closer to and more likely to invite to their son's first birthday than Prince and Princess Michael of Kent.
Old 07-25-2014, 05:15 PM
Heir Apparent

ook carefully at this official pic: New Photos for Prince George's First Birthday | MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASHÄ°ON
don't you nothig anything strange? Kate's left shoulder: George's drool :-D

Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror 58 s Want to know why Prince George really went to Buckingham Palace on his birthday? He went swimming! @RE_DailyMail also has story
Old 07-26-2014, 11:11 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

v His first Vanity Fair cover...
[Thumbnail image reproduced for promotional purposes]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Prince George 1st Birthday Vanity Fair cover 201407.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	208.3 KB
ID:	292170  
Old 07-26-2014, 12:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh, my gosh, Warren, that is the sweetest! The love between those 3...
Old 10-02-2014, 03:12 PM
Heir Apparent

BBC News - Prince George 'harassment' warning to photographer
Quote:
Lawyers for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have asked a photographer to "cease harassing" Prince George.

A Kensington Palace statement said they were prompted to take action after the man was spotted near the 14-month-old and his nanny in a central London park.
The couple are not taking legal action at this stage, but may consider it in the future, the statement said.

Lawyers for the photographer, Niraj Tanna, said he had done nothing wrong and would continue with his work.

The statement from the palace said there was "reason to suspect that the individual may have been placing Prince George under surveillance and monitoring his daily routines for a period of time."