The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-22-2014, 09:11 AM
Courtier

Trending worldwide on twitter right now.

Old 07-22-2014, 09:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Is there a proper thread for Prince George's photos and news?
Ayway: the thankful note from their official site:

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge said on the occasion: "We would like to take this opportunity on George's first birthday to thank everyone over the last year, wherever we have met them, both at home and overseas, for their warm and generous good wishes to George and our family."

And accordin to Victoria Murphy o twitter Kate has brought George to Buckingham Palace today

Old 07-22-2014, 10:16 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I've often heard that babies are God's way of letting us know he wants our world to continue.

The happy little soul that is celebrating his first birthday today is destined to be a King and a world leader one day. Its up to us to make the decisions to ensure that there is a world for him to live happily and peacefully in the future.

I hope little Chubby Cheeks has a glorious day filled with a lot of love and a whole lot of cake. Enough to make a real royal mess!
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 07-22-2014, 10:34 AM
Imperial Majesty

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 46m
So Kate took Prince George to see the Queen at Buckingham Palace earlier. HM is still expected to be guest of honour at a KP tea party later

Victoria Murphy @QueenVicMirror · 1h
Kate took George to see the Queen today, she drove him to Buckingham Palace

Westminster Abbey @wabbey · 2h
Abbey bells ring out to mark the first birthday of HRH Prince George of Cambridge.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-22-2014, 11:01 AM
Nobility

Kate Middleton and George visit the Queen on George's birthday - hellomagazine.com
Old 07-22-2014, 11:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria Murphy @QueenVicMirror · 28s
William and Kate's former principal private secretary Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton has just arrived at KP with present, he is George's Godparent

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 8m
A few moments ago, Carole and Michael Middleton arrived at Kensington Palace in separate cars.

Victoria Murphy @QueenVicMirror · 33m
@SkyNewsRoyal going live from outside Kensington Palace, quite a crowd here now
https://twitter.com/QueenVicMirror/s...72193579786241

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-22-2014, 11:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Perhaps the visit to BP was also to see Philip since he has a engagement today and the Queen is expected to attend the KP birthday party.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 07-22-2014, 11:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

British Royals @britishroyals · 33s
Arrivals to Prince George's birthday party at KP so far: Carole, Mike & James Middleton & godparents Emilia JP & Jamie LP

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 2m
Zara and Mike Tindall have arrived at Kensington Palace.

Victoria Murphy @QueenVicMirror · 36s
Pippa Middleton has arrived at Kensington Palace

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-22-2014, 11:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Live cam: guests arriving at George's birthday!
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/virtual-london

Godparents, as well as Kate's siblings have arrived....
Old 07-22-2014, 12:09 PM
Courtier

And THE QUEEN HAS Arrived!!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 07-22-2014, 12:16 PM
Heir Apparent

it is said that Kate has taken George earlier this afternoon at BP to visit Prince Philip since he can't attend the party due to and engagement.
among the guest there is also Jessica Webb, George's former nanny
Old 07-22-2014, 12:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

British Royals @britishroyals · 9m
#HappyBirthdayPrinceGeorge RT @byEmilyAndrews Queen just arrived at KP for George's bday party #princegeorgebirthday
https://twitter.com/britishroyals/st...99957112393728

Very nice for George to even have his great-grandmother attend his birthday party.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-22-2014, 12:33 PM
Majesty

I think the coverage of this child is over the top bordering on embarrassing and silly, but you are exactly right. If people don't take an occasional break from the horror, they would go mad.

Happy first birthday, little George!
Old 07-22-2014, 12:36 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
It certainly is a Georgeous day out there today! That word is really growing on me for some reason.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 07-22-2014, 12:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Royal honour: B.C. mayor proclaims July 22 ‘Prince George of Cambridge Day’ | CTV Vancouver News

Quote:
Prince George, B.C., has issued a special proclamation to honour the young prince that shares the city’s name.
Mayor Shari Green has proclaimed July 22 ‘Prince George of Cambridge Day,’ the same day Prince William and Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge, ring in the first birthday of their child.
“The city of Prince George is both proud and honoured to share the same name as Prince George of Cambridge,” the mayor of the northern city wrote.
Old 07-22-2014, 05:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Pics of the guest arriving (including Kate and nanny Maria earlier this afternoon):
Home | Mail Online
Old 07-22-2014, 06:40 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Little George is adorable! It's hard to believe that he's already a year old. I remember when I first heard his birth announcement - I was on holiday and was trying to get WiFi (and succeeded) especially for it. Time flies.

I agree with those who think he looks more like Catherine than William. I used to think he looked like Charles as a baby, but now disagree.

I would've loved to have been a fly on the wall at his party, could you imagine how cute the interactions between George, Savannah, Isla and Mia would've been?! All we needed was to invite Estelle of Sweden and Eleonore of Belgium to the party as well - talk about a cuteness overload.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 07-22-2014, 10:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

How charming that Grandmother Carole previously held a Peter Rabbit-themed party.
George is one fortunate Royal Prince!!!

Old 07-22-2014, 11:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

A year flies by, doesn't it? That picture of little Master Wiggle Worm reaching for the Butterfly on his Dad's hand? I melted when I saw that last night. These 1st Birthday photos have set the bar for future Royal 1st Birthday photos period IMHO. The naturalness of them and the fact we see a little one who is w/out a doubt curious about the World around and very determined not to miss anything that could be seen and explored? I will take these 10,000 times over the usual posed pictures we get on occasions like this. Well done Will and Kate!!

And Thank God we have something joyful and happy to talk about for a bit of a break from the horrific news from Ukraine and the Middle East. Just as The Commonwealth Games will help to do starting tomorrow. Anyone who would come in and even think of telling us off for doing that, not only has one Hell of a lot of nerve, but is someone who has a very real problem. I can't even imagine what kind of a person would even think it's okay to do such a thing....Just do not get it.

Okay...Enough time wasted on that person.

I really hope that Prince George had an amazing Birthday Party filled w/lots of love and lots of Cake!!

Old 07-22-2014, 11:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cris M View Post
And I wish all the best for Prince George. May God bless him and His Royal Highness will grow up in a much better world than the one we have today.

Amen!!