Prince George's 1st Birthday: July 22, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren

Administrator in Memoriam
City
Sydney
Country
Australia
UKCambridgeConjugalArmsmedium.jpg

The 1st Birthday of HRH Prince George of Cambridge.

On the occasion of Prince George's birthday these three photographs
have been released for world-wide media distribution.

PrinceGeorgeOfficial1stBirthdayphoto1.jpg

PrinceGeorgeOfficial1stBirthdayphoto2.jpg

PrinceGeorgeOfficial1stBirthdayphoto3.jpg

Last edited:
Yes I also think he got some look of his own. (I remenber also that Infanta Sofia also got her nose of her own, it's neither Felipe and neither Letizia). However I also see William genes there, the hair and I think the nose is William as well. The lips are Catherine, they're thin like mommys.

Such a charming child and steps of confidence!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
George's nose looks like Kates when she was a baby, not William. Although the eye color is Kate's the shape looks like Williams. Kate also had chubby cheeks as a baby. I just realized she doesn't really resemble her siblings.

Is his hair a light brown or is he a very light strawberry blond? I can't ever decide. Another ginger would be nice.

He is such a cute little baby. Those round cheeks. I think his hair might be a little bit of both, it looks like it depends a bit on the light what shows more, the brown or the strawberry blond.

Oh what a darling boy he is, he looks ready to tackle the world, running to do his own thing already....lololololo. It is great to get the picture of him, we need a few more sightings of Prince George at times. And I love how he is dress, cute railroad type overalls, and I hope his hair turns red, we need more red haireds in this world.
:fireworks:Happy First Birthday Prince George!

What a lovely picture! That is one of my favourite official pictures of royal babies. It's so natural and nothing fussy yet professionally taken.

What a lovely picture! That is one of my favourite official pictures of royal babies. It's so natural and nothing fussy yet professionally taken.

Yes I agree its a wonderful photo of Prince George and possibly my favourite so far.

A lovely picture. Am I right in thinking there are two more to follow? - Presumably on the birth date. Was the thinking in releasing this one ahead for the weekend papers?

I know William & Catherine are very proud of their son.

It is my understanding that the other 2 pics will be released tonight:flowers:
Yes, he is a cutie but since the pcitures where taken at a butterlfly exhibition I expected more... Don't know what... Maybe I have to see the 2 left

From what I understood two more were to be released in time to be in the morning papers of his birthday, July 22nd.

The body gaurd could be the woman next to the Nanny .

It's a shame the Nanny is too busy talking to the bodyguard than talk to George . Can't believe he has that horrible stroller Maclaren . Babies can't sit properly straight in them and you can't see them to talk to them ...

George looks absolutely adorable. I love his smile. It's as if he's so pleased with himself for walking unaided :D. Such confidence comes from parents who show him nothing but love and support, and I'm sure William and Catherine do just that. Looking forward to the other two photos.

Such a cutie - with very much his own look. I cannot see William or Kate in him. Something about the nose and mouth - very distinctive: Michael Middleton? What do others see?

I see William mostly. George isn't an exact replica, of course, but he looks very much like his dad to me.

I see Katherine's dad spitting copy on George.

I agree 100% the shape of the face, eyes - all Mike Middleton.

I've always thought that Catherine takes after Mike, and Pippa after her mother.

George is more Middleton - I'd like to see a pic of Mike as a child but accept that won't happen.

George is the image of Michael Middleton.

And lefties rule, George, don't forget it!

I did a really, really casual 'analysis' of little Georgie's features on another thread. I think the resemblance issue is all in the shape of the head and particularly the shape of the mouth. The nose, too.

Here's the results of my scouring around. :)

I've decided that his nose and mouth are from his mother, definitely not his father. The shape of his head and the shape of his eyes (with eyebrows) are from Kate and his grandfather Middleton. I think there is more Middleton in him than Windsor at this point - and may be why he looks so distinctive to the casual observer who is accustomed to seeing the Windsor royal babies.

I'm sure for those who tend him he flashes between resembling both parents in turn as babies do. :flowers: This is not a definitive pronouncement - just a bit of fun.

Here's 'our little Prince' -
LINK: https://twitter.com/ClarenceHouse/status/490609579131412481

Here is Charles as a toddler - he has a round head -
LINK: Postcard The Royal Baby, HRH Prince Charles as toddler, Tucks | akpool.co.uk

William as a toddler - he has a long head and a very different mouth - William very much represents the Spencer genes, I think. As an adult he looks very much like his Uncle Charles Spencer.
LINK: An adorable Prince William scratches his head curiously in this 1984 photo. - ABC News

Here you can definitely see the different mouth -
LINK: Pin by Julieta MG on Diana | Pinterest

Longer head -
LINK: 15 Sweet Photos Of William And Harry When They Were Little

Then Michael Middleton as a young man. For some maybe a long-shot, but I see Mr Middleton's eyes in William - and the round head - I could't find a toddler picture :p -
LINK: Google Image Result for

I can't get the toddler picture of Kate as a stand-alone picture. It seems clear (to me) that, in the end, he resembles his mother. There is a delicacy with the mouth that seems to be Kate's 'donation', among much else.
LINK: https://www.google.com/search?q=Kat...hood-pictures-official-biography.html;634;815

Overall, I think George likely has William's robust frame - that is the same between the two as toddlers. George will probably be tall. He does look like a ginger but it is hard to tell at this point. My guess is he's going to be a handsome child and a good looking adult. One can already tell that he beams from being well-loved.

Now for a baby sister! :flowers:

Last edited:
I like "Georgous".
"Georgous" could be the Latin equivalent of the Prince's first name.

Last edited by a moderator:
Georgous is wonderful indeed *and ever so suiting, he's such a beautiful little one. I quite like Georgesus as well :D

I can't get the toddler picture of Kate as a stand-alone picture. It seems clear (to me) that, in the end, he resembles his mother. There is a delicacy with the mouth that seems to be Kate's 'donation', among much else.
LINK: https://www.google.com/search?q=Kat...om%2Fkate-middleton-in-labour-2013%2F;500;666

That's Princess Ingrid Alexandra of Norway :flowers:

Last edited:

I agree. I really like this photo.

He's such a cutie. I think he looks a lot like William.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom