The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-06-2018, 06:54 PM
Heir Apparent

The Prince Louis photos just made the national CBS evening News.

Old 05-07-2018, 05:15 PM
Courtier

For so e reason, Louis seems much bigger than the other 2 babies. Katherine also seemed a little heavier with pregnancy. But i guess after 3 babies, she would be! Cute little family.

Old 05-07-2018, 05:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

Louis was her biggest baby as of yet...but not that much different. George was 8.6 and Charlotte was 8.3 Louis was only 8.7 ..1 ounce larger than George.

LaRae
Old 05-07-2018, 05:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
OH. MY. GOSH. I am dying from cuteness over these photos! Charlotte is kissing Louis so tenderly, it's lovely to see. I bet she loves being a big sister! Nice that she and Louis are both recycling outfits and I agree with those who said that Louis seems to look like Charlotte the most.

I'm sure we'll get a photo of George with his brother soon; as others have pointed out, it was Charlotte's birthday not too long ago so these new photos are most likely a combination of a new photo of Louis and a birthday photo of Charlotte. Otherwise it would feel like Charlotte is being favoured over George to me and the Cambridges don't strike me as the sort of parents who would favourtise their children.
The picture was taken at princess Charlotte's birthday as was explicitly mentioned by Kensington Palace, so yes, a very clear reference to her birthday.

In general, they are probably most worried about the perception that George is favored over his younger siblings.
Old 05-07-2018, 05:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
In general, they are probably most worried about the perception that George is favored over his younger siblings.
The way things are set up right now familial wise, each child has a special spot of his/her own. George as the oldest and heir to the heir to the heir to the throne (which will drop a few heirs as time passes. And *no* I don't mean going bald ). Charlotte is special in her own way as the only girl in the family and Louis has his special spot as the baby of the family that is looked after and taken care of by everyone older than him.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 05-07-2018, 09:19 PM
Majesty

The photo of Princess Charlotte with Prince Louis has over a million ‘likes’ on Instagram

Kensington Palace Instagram
Old 05-07-2018, 09:29 PM
Courtier

They are dear photos.
Old 05-15-2018, 08:58 AM
Majesty

Just walked past @duchessofcambridge pushing little #PrinceLouis in his pram with Princess Charlotte in Kensington Gardens read @VanityFair for more

Katie Nicholl Twitter.
Old 05-18-2018, 03:19 PM
Royal Highness

Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis, General News Part 2: May 2016

A picture of that sighting?
https://instagram.com/p/Bi48tbQgkGL/

https://instagram.com/p/Bi5EOnYBEQi/
Old 05-18-2018, 04:19 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Charlotte looks very cute in her little outfit! Blue seems to favour her, she wears a lot of blue clothes.
How lucky for the reporter to be able to catch a sighting of them - whenever I've been to the area I've always had my eyes peeled but have never managed to spot the Cambridges. I thought I saw Prince George with William once when Charlotte was a baby, but turns out they were both lookie-likies.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 05-20-2018, 02:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

Do we know when Prince Louis is being christened?
Old 05-20-2018, 02:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
Do we know when Prince Louis is being christened?
Hasn't been announced. Charlotte's was 2 months after her birth (was July 5), George's was three months after his birth (October). Both seemed timed around the queen's time at Balmoral. George's when she gets back (she comes back early-mid October) and starts in August (officially a few days in but he often goes up a few days before). I would suspect late June, early July like his sister for Louis' baptism as well. After all of the trooping and other events in June, and before the royals start on holidays.
Old 05-20-2018, 03:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks for that
Old 05-20-2018, 04:06 AM
Nobility

I've got the feeling that among Prince Louis' godparents there will be The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, they gotta get started as far as kids are concerned, training seminar and getting in the mood.

Since we have Gabriella and Jacques in Monaco and Josephine and Vincent in Denmark, Wouldn't it be awesome if Harry and Meghan had twins.
Old 05-20-2018, 09:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

Makes sense he will be baptized in July before the Queen goes for her annual summer vacation.

LaRae
Old 05-20-2018, 12:44 PM
Royal Highness

Any chance of having a Balmoral christening for Louis?
Old 05-20-2018, 02:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm View Post
Any chance of having a Balmoral christening for Louis?
That would be fantastic!

I wish the media would stop contrasting Princess Charlotte and Prince George's attitudes in public: it's always "shy George" vs "show-stealer Charlotte." Not only they are at a different age (clearly as George has become older, he's become more aware of the press, etc.) but it is insensitive and unhelpful to portray them as such especially given that he will be in the spotlight for the rest of his life (much more than her sister). The more they'll do it the more Prince Gorge might withdraw and be wary of the media). If I were KP I would try to nip it in the bud, by speaking to a few journalists, etc.
Old 05-20-2018, 02:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Considering the gossip media's obsession with everything that a woman wears, looks and does, Charlotte will likely end up in the press a whole lot more than George. Charlotte Casiraghi, with a similar sibling dynamic, can probably relate to this. George will never lead a secluded life, but neither will his siblings.
Old 05-20-2018, 02:25 PM
Serene Highness

I'm curious...what is the relationship between the Church of England and the Church of Scotland? I believe the Church of Scotland is Presbyterian and not part of the Anglican Communion.

The Queen Mother (then Duchess of York) wanted Princess Margaret (born 1930) to be baptized by the Archbishop of Canterbury in the private chapel at Glamis Castle (where Margaret was born). But she was overruled because it was believed the Church of Scotland might take offense.

But that was almost 88 years ago. Would the Church of Scotland still be offended if Louis were baptized in a Church of England ceremony in Scotland? I know the Queen and the Royal Family attend Crathie Kirk, a Church of Scotland parish church but can Louis be baptized there if it's Presbyterian not Church of England?
Old 05-20-2018, 02:28 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
Considering the gossip media's obsession with everything that a woman wears, looks and does, Charlotte will likely end up in the press a whole lot more than George. Charlotte Casiraghi, with a similar sibling dynamic, can probably relate to this. George will never lead a secluded life, but neither will his siblings.
Right, no of course, not. But George will be the one who will inevitably suffer the most from the press intrusion, characterization and analysis of his actions.