Prince George of Cambridge, General News 1: December 2014-May 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dash @DashRoyal · 3h 3 hours ago
Clarence House spokesperson: "His Royal Highness (The Prince of Wales) enjoys an excellent relationship with his grandson."

https://twitter.com/CourtierUK/status/573247028035235840

I take the DM with a grain of salt as well, but that's an odd response.

Newspapers loving picking of Kate's mother dont they !

They always did - she is some evil step-mother. Somehow she managed to cuckold the world's most eligible bachelor, a plan hatched while Will and Kate were both still in the womb, I believe. 500 years ago she'd have surely been burned alive for sorcery.

IF Will and Charles don't enjoy a harmonious relationship, it's hardly Carole's doing.

I think Charles get to see his grandson as much as he can. Charles have a rather busy life, but I know he make time for his family. It think the DM is just coming up with this article, because we don't get to see the family out and about together a lot. People tend to forget that they all have private family time outside of the media's glare.

I take the DM with a grain of salt as well, but that's an odd response.
we don't know the question

So, how many of you have thought about the look on Prince Cheek's face when Daddy got back from work just now (or soon now). It made my day!

Having said this, I wondered how Daddy got out of Jinhong? Has anyone heard how he flew home? JHG (Jinhing Airport) seems to have only have Chinese Air Carriers. And it is not near major British Air Hubs. So I would imagine Daddy had special flight arrangements? If anyone knows, please share.

Edit - one reason I asked this is because commercial flights out of Yunnan are awful and would take 30-50 hours for Wills to get home.
I did re-check the press releases for the trip. Michael Head made clear he flew to Japan commercial ("scheduled flight") For China there is no mention of logistics - other than to say many of the press were traveling ahead to Yunnan. See: Our view
from CC 4 March 2015: [FONT=verdana, arial][FONT=verdana, arial]
The Duke of Cambridge this evening departed from Hong Kong International Airport for the United Kingdom
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:
we don't know the question

Here's the question - it's from the DM article Dman just posted:

"Yesterday, when asked when Charles had last seen little George, a Clarence House spokesman unusually issued a statement: ‘We would not comment on the specifics of private arrangements. ‘His Royal Highness enjoys an excellent relationship with his grandson.’"

I don't think the statement is odd. It's basically a polite way of saying 'it's none of your business'. I mean why are reporters asking such personal questions in the first place?

They never comment on private stuff so they aren't going to start now.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

two these sentences togather make sense

Didn't the media portray Charles as a less than loving father...several times/for years? Can't believe any of those papers.

LaRae

Last edited:
Didn't the media portray Charles as a less than loving father...several times/for years? Can't believe any of those papers.

LaRae

Wishful thinking for many. And now a less than loving grandfather is just the cherry on the cake.

First thing that came to my mind was an article that was posted on here that detailed in full a one day schedule for Charles. It seemed like every minute of his day from the time he rose until the time he retired for the night was slated with where he'd be, what he'd be doing and when. Also, from one of Camilla's comments she made regarding one of his birthdays, this is a man that is constantly on the go and to relax, takes walks.

The Middletons, on the other hand, have their family business but are more likely to be centralized around their home and hearth.

I don't think for a minute that either set of grandparents are "left out" or 'more important to George" or anything the DM is trying insinuate. We know W&K&G vacation with the Middletons each year and we also know its been stated that they go to C&C's for Sunday dinners and IIRC, both sets of grandparents were around Sandringham these past holidays.

Its not the amount of time spent with each other but the quality of that time spent. As George grows older, with two very loving sets of grandparents, he will learn and be able to meld his royal life with an understanding of the people in the regard that everyone makes their own way in the world whether it be on the world stage in the public eye, supplying the people with a product to make life more fun or even being on standby to respond when help is needed.

Children learn best by example and to me, George is very much in a win win situation.

George probably sees more of Kate's parents as daughters usually depend on their mothers for help with children, especially with the first born.

When George gets older, he will start to see more of his paternal side.

That article was written under the byline of Sebastian Shakespeare and he is nothing more than a sh*t stirrer and loves nothing than to conjure up "discord" within the royal family. This is merely his fantasy, nothing more.

There is an additional article in the DM that came out later, however, that took some shots at Carole and stated that the Middletons were planning on buying a house near to Anmer so they could see more of George.

I don't take much notice of the Daily Fail (or any other tabloid for that matter) as a general rule, but, as a long-time royal-watcher it appears that there are leaks, probably via friends, from both sides.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...dleton-does-real-answer-lie-William-Kate.html

Last edited:
This is a Richard Kay/Geoffrey Levy story.

Camilla's friends talking to Richard Kay and Geoffrey Levy.:lol::ROFLMAO::lol:
Levy and Kay have made a career out of trashing Camilla and they expect people to believe Camilla's friends are giving them exclusive information that Carole is buying a house near Anmer. :ROFLMAO::lol::ROFLMAO::lol:

I have a few bridges to sell. I will even deliver them...

Last edited:
While I don't believe the story it wouldn't be the 1st time Camilla has used friends to support Charles to the press

Camilla wouldn't use Richard Key however. He was in Diana's pocket and regularly writes articles to trash both Camilla and Charles.

With him writing this sort of stuff, knowing his anti-Charles and anti-Camilla stuff in the past, I am inclined to think that there is something going on.

We know that Kate and William do spend a lot of time at Bucklebury so it makes sense that Charles doesn't see as much of George as the Middleton's do. I don't get the feeling that William is all that close to his father. He was always way more Diana's son so I can see him turning his back on his father.

The Camilla's friends having inside info about Mike and Carole buying a home is laughable. The repeated use of the housekeeper and gardener is also misleading. Maybe they were on temporary loan from the Queen? There really has not been a lot of turnover from W&K's KP staff. Miguel and Rebecca have been there from the start. So they probably aren't hard to work for. Unless you are Carson from Downton Abbey, you are not going to be offended by their behavior.

It's well know that Charles is a workaholic. If he wants to see George more, take the time and do so. We can see that Kate's family will prioritize family over work, but is Charles willing to? I find it interesting that he didn't even go to George's birthday party last year. Kate's family was there, all his godparents and even Great Granny the Queen was there but Charles didn't tell his staff to save the afternoon of his grandson's first birthday so he could go.

I always laugh at how its the 'Daily Fail' when the DM criticises any royals but the Cambridges in which case the DM has all of this inside information and everyone is talking.

Richard Kay hasn't had inside information about the BRF in over 17 years. He is living in a fantasy world.

I don't think this situation is any different from most families
No 1 he's a grandfather usually they don't pay a lot of attention when they are little
No 2 he's not from the girls side
No 3 he's not married to the child's grandmother. Men tag along with their wife when they visit or have the child at their house.
It's no different to other "normal" families.

I find it fascinating that people would even believe this story, no matter who wrote it. William is very close to his father and Catherine is also close to Charles. I have no doubt that when they plan family time, Charles see and play with his grandson.

I think because William and Catherine vacation with the Middleton's a lot, people are trying to make it seem like William isn't close to his royal side of the family. It's just another way for the media to stir up some trouble (Middleton's vs Wales's) where there is none.

Although, it would be nice to see them out and about as a family more, I believe the story is pure fiction.

While I don't believe the story it wouldn't be the 1st time Camilla has used friends to support Charles to the press

Here we are. Funny how these rumors are now seen as facts ...
But Camilla is another matter i guess, right ?
Anyway these articles seem to be some kind of heaven for the Charles, Camilla and Middleton haters, with a slice of family drama...
Good job from the DM i would say ...

Last edited:
Mmm yep
Anyway Kate's mum isn't standing at the door stopping him from visiting.
I'm glad George has a loving grandmother I hope Harry finds the same type of family when he marries

George's mom and dad just do not seem the kind of people to deny his grandparents anything. Scheduling might be an issue, depending on the grandparent's volume of work and location at any one time, but not want of contact.

Keep in mind that George lives in London at KP - a mere 3 miles from his Grandad's house there. Granddad has rooms always available just down the road from Anmer.

And we are veering off our topic, HRH The Prince of Cheeks.

In the words of actor George Clooney - "The Daily Mail, more than any other organisation that calls itself news, has proved time and time again that facts make no difference in the articles they make up"

I find it fascinating that people would even believe this story, no matter who wrote it. William is very close to his father and Catherine is also close to Charles. I have no doubt that when they plan family time, Charles see and play with his grandson.

I think because William and Catherine vacation with the Middleton's a lot, people are trying to make it seem like William isn't close to his royal side of the family. It's just another way for the media to stir up some trouble (Middleton's vs Wales's) where there is none.

Although, it would be nice to see them out and about as a family more, I believe the story is pure fiction.

I'm sure that the Daily Mail thing is part-fiction but when you confidently state that William is very close to his father and Catherine is also close to Charles, where is the evidence for this? Much as we would all like it to be true, there dont appear to be photographs or reports of the Cambridge spending holidays at Highgrove or Kate and Charles on outings together, with or without baby George.

It happens in other monarchies, Estelle is seen often with her grandparents and other relatives, Beatrix and her grandchildren are close, and she has been photographed arm in arm with her daughters in law, Leonor and her sisters have been also, hugging their grandmother, Sofia. Margrethe of Denmark is often photographed with her grandchildren.

Even allowing for the very different ways of the BRF, where are the corresponding photos of Charles and his only grandson, whom I am sure he loves very much. However, not quite enough love there to turn up at his first birthday party, apparently. He and Camilla were up in Scotland. I'm a grandmother and I can't imagine missing my first grandchild's first birthday.

At Christmas William and Kate spent most of their Christmas at Amner, with the Middletons. Nothing wrong with that at all, but they didn't bother apparently to join William's father (to whom they are both so close) or William's grandmother on Christmas Eve or for Christmas lunch.

They were there for the Church Service and then went home to Anmer with Carole and Mike Middleton. Rather unfair, I thought, but if William and Kate and Charles are so very close, then no doubt there is some explanation.

In my view, if you are a grandparent, you make an effort, however close or distant you are to the child's parents or how busy you are. That means turning up at birthday parties, as Great-gran the Queen did. It means readjusting your schedule so you can see the child, visit him/her at home, invite the family to your home and sometimes attend outings with the child's family. Carole Middleton does. It's not rocket science, and heaven knows, we may get a photo or two to gladden our hearts.

My guess , they are pissed that William and Catherine don't give them access and stories the way they had hoped .

I'm sure that the Daily Mail thing is part-fiction but when you confidently state that William is very close to his father and Catherine is also close to Charles, where is the evidence for this? Much as we would all like it to be true, there dont appear to be photographs or reports of the Cambridge spending holidays at Highgrove or Kate and Charles on outings together, with or without baby George.

It happens in other monarchies, Estelle is seen often with her grandparents and other relatives, Beatrix and her grandchildren are close, and she has been photographed arm in arm with her daughters in law, Leonor and her sisters have been also, hugging their grandmother, Sofia. Margrethe of Denmark is often photographed with her grandchildren.

Even allowing for the very different ways of the BRF, where are the corresponding photos of Charles and his only grandson, whom I am sure he loves very much. However, not quite enough love there to turn up at his first birthday party, apparently. He and Camilla were up in Scotland. I'm a grandmother and I can't imagine missing my first grandchild's first birthday.

At Christmas William and Kate spent most of their Christmas at Amner, with the Middletons. Nothing wrong with that at all, but they didn't bother apparently to join William's father (to whom they are both so close) or William's grandmother on Christmas Eve or for Christmas lunch.

They were there for the Church Service and then went home to Anmer with Carole and Mike Middleton. Rather unfair, I thought, but if William and Kate and Charles are so very close, then no doubt there is some explanation.

In my view, if you are a grandparent, you make an effort, however close or distant you are to the child's parents or how busy you are. That means turning up at birthday parties, as Great-gran the Queen did. It means readjusting your schedule so you can see the child, visit him/her at home, invite the family to your home and sometimes attend outings with the child's family. Carole Middleton does. It's not rocket science, and heaven knows, we may get a photo or two to gladden our hearts.

Like the idea of a photo or two ?

There was no indication that the Cambridges didn't go to Sandringham for the main family event-opening presents and dinner on Christmas Eve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom