Prince George of Cambridge, General News 1: December 2014-May 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't always liked how George has been dressed so far... Sometimes he had dull or old-fashioned clothes... But he is adorable! And he has such cute facial expressions!

It's mostly those black shoes I can't stand that they put him in. Baby William was a better dresser.

Prince George received 706 gifts from abroad last year, Kensington Palace reveals - Telegraph
Prince George amassed a staggering 706 gifts from royal tours overseas last year, official figures reveal - more than seven times as many as the Queen.

The youngest member of the Royal family received 671 presents during his visit to Australia and New Zealand last spring, with the rest given to his parents and the Prince of Wales on other foreign trips.

Among the more exotic items given to the Prince, who is now 18 months old, were a possum skin cloak, an amphibious boat, a personalised surfboard, a rocking horse, two pairs of sheepskin boots and a bike.

The vast majority of gifts, however, were toys, books and clothes, including the cuddly bilby he memorably threw away during a visit to a zoo in Sydney.

In Australia and New Zealand members of the public gave him 249 toys and games, 138 items of clothing, 143 books, 25 pieces of sporting equipment and 11 "household items".

I think than more than 700 gifts it's far too much, especially for a toddle: an exaggerate amount of toys which he probably won't even play with.... Hope those gift will be give to some charities or to less fortunate kids...

I think than more than 700 gifts it's far too much, especially for a toddle: an exaggerate amount of toys which he probably won't even play with.... Hope those gift will be give to some charities or to less fortunate kids...
My thoughts as well but I understand the want that people have to give him something. I also hope that toys, plushies, clothes and such can get donated but I know there are some tricky things for them consider with the gifts.

The books though I have a masterplan for :p I have had this image of a youth/childrens royal library where they can donate the books they get and also take turn reading to kids there. *dreaming away*

:previous: I understand that too, especially on offcial visits people want to give something for the boy... It makes me wonder where all those toys anf gudgets will end up to... 700 items are hard to keep,even in the grounds of Kesington Palace:ROFLMAO:

:previous: I understand that too, especially on offcial visits people want to give something for the boy... It makes me wonder where all those toys anf gudgets will end up to... 700 items are hard to keep,even in the grounds of Kesington Palace:ROFLMAO:
I agree. I know some things, like flowers, get donated. And when William and Catherine got a Land Rover (Yeah...... from some society I think) if I remember they "loans it" (more like gives it but can't) to some rescue capacity. Don't take me on my word, but something like that. I wonder though about those more "in the middle" gifts.

Not to mention that more gifts will be given as the times goes on... And another child is coming too! :D

I agree. I know some things, like flowers, get donated. And when William and Catherine got a Land Rover (Yeah...... from some society I think) if I remember they "loans it" (more like gives it but can't) to some rescue capacity. Don't take me on my word, but something like that. I wonder though about those more "in the middle" gifts.

They were given a Land Rover?! The British Royals all drive something from Land Rover and I believe they have a contract with them, as they do with Jaguar (and used to with Audi), but they still had to pay something for their cars but to be GIVEN one is insane.

They were given a Land Rover?! The British Royals all drive something from Land Rover and I believe they have a contract with them, as they do with Jaguar (and used to with Audi), but they still had to pay something for their cars but to be GIVEN one is insane.
I don't remember the facts. As I remember they were given a car that drives well in terrain (I think it was a Land Rover) but since they can't take gifts like that + already has cars they donated it till some emergency thingamabob that needed terrain vehicels. I also seem to recall them getting a canoe or something... and they donated/lent that to a local rowing club. Now in AUS/NZ George got an Amphibious boat. Don't know what will happen to that.

They get some CRAZY things!

Also, please don't take my word for it. Since I can't remember when or where I read it or any facts :p

Last edited:
Are not all boats amphibious?

Nope since amphibious works on land and water, most boats are not going to work on land by themselves.

What is sad is that because of the gift selling scandal of a few years of ago, they have to catalogue every gift, report it and maintain it as part of the royal collection. So all those toys for George had to be recorded and most likely shipped back to the UK.

Perishable items are the one thing that can be used immediately but I don't think if you handed a royal some jelly that you made it would be eaten but destroyed because of security concerns. It's different if the food came from somebody like President Obama who gave some honey to W&K during the U.S. trip.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

One thing I would really like to see happen is that after seeing all the gifts that have been given to George (most ones he'll never use), I'd like to see William and Kate set up a Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Scholarship Fund where in lieu of presenting gifts, a donation is made to the fund.

The possibilities of who would be awarded the scholarship is unlimited.

I really think it would be cool to take a Photo of Cheeks in that possum coat and send it as a gift to New Zealand (it was NZ - right? Sorry if I'm in error).

Yes, and that should drive him up from that lowly 49th place on the best dressed list!

One thing I would really like to see happen is that after seeing all the gifts that have been given to George (most ones he'll never use), I'd like to see William and Kate set up a Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Scholarship Fund where in lieu of presenting gifts, a donation is made to the fund.

The possibilities of who would be awarded the scholarship is unlimited.

They actually asked not for presents to be sent to the palace but to donate to charity when George was born.

People like to give gifts, they like it even more when the baby/toddler is a royal. Its not going to stop

Nope since amphibious works on land and water, most boats are not going to work on land by themselves.

What is sad is that because of the gift selling scandal of a few years of ago, they have to catalogue every gift, report it and maintain it as part of the royal collection. So all those toys for George had to be recorded and most likely shipped back to the UK.

Perishable items are the one thing that can be used immediately but I don't think if you handed a royal some jelly that you made it would be eaten but destroyed because of security concerns. It's different if the food came from somebody like President Obama who gave some honey to W&K during the U.S. trip.

Aha, So I wasn't wrong then :p Nice to know :p

They actually asked not for presents to be sent to the palace but to donate to charity when George was born.

Yeah, they did that for their wedding too. Friends and family was "allowed" to buy gifts but the public and others were encouraged to donate money to charities instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Buy George! Kiwis splash out for prince - Life & Style - NZ Herald News
The world's most famous royal family left New Zealand well clothed, well read and with a soft toy each to cuddle, records of the gift haul from their Kiwi tour reveal.

The glare of the world's press, and thousands of excited Kiwis, greeted the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, and their then-8-month-old son, Prince George, when the family arrived in Wellington last April.

It was the trio's first official tour as a family and Kiwis, from Prime Minister John Key to ordinary New Zealanders, lavished the family with presents. Prince George fared best.

The bonny boy, who is third in line to the throne, received 115 presents, including a tot-sized bike, almost 40 books, 30 games and toys and four soft toys. The booty was among 706 gifts he received from royal tours last year, seven times as many as his great-grandmother, the Queen.

I should imagine that only under very exceptional circumstances will gifts be destroyed, the likely reasons being due to damage or becoming unusable for some reason - a food gift may have inadvertently been stored incorrectly. Some items may simply not be wanted by the charity (a lot of things donated to charities are not used and end up being recycled).

I can see food gifts from the general public being destroyed because you can't guarantee that they are safe. It's a security risk that they aren't going to take.

My sister's friend saw Carole pushing George in his buggy in Pangbourne yesterday. It was just Carole and who she thinks was a detective and they were walking through the Main Street without people even recognizing them. She said George had on a tweed coat and a blue bobble hat and she seen them go into a health food shop. It's nice that he spends so much time with his Granny, I think Bucklebury is his second home, ha.

My sister's friend saw Carole pushing George in his buggy in Pangbourne yesterday. It was just Carole and who she thinks was a detective and they were walking through the Main Street without people even recognizing them. She said George had on a tweed coat and a blue bobble hat and she seen them go into a health food shop. It's nice that he spends so much time with his Granny, I think Bucklebury is his second home, ha.
How nice :)

Another status on twitter said that Michael was seen in Pangbourne so I think it might be true that George was there...

How lovely for your friend. How far away was she from Carole and George? (Just out of interest.) It's nice that they can live "normal" lives in Pangbourne and that they're not instantly recognised by everyone, which I was surprised about because I can imagine that everyone in the UK knows or at least has some idea of who George is. If I saw them in a casual situation like that I'd probably recognise George straight away but it might take me a bit longer to guess who Carole was. I don't think I would go up to them though since they were in a private situation.

The people who live there have always been protective of the Cambridges privacy when they are in Buckleberry. The same thing happened in Wales. Most of the time it gets reported on Twitter that there are royal sighting at stores or Starbucks etc are in London.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom