Prince George: First Official Photos - August 22, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
it's too early but i think that he looks like kate and william as well:)

I think the pictures are lovely. I like the informal shots we will get formal one's for the christening.

I don't want to sound rushed, but when we'll get the official christening date? The Christening shall be in October or November right? Maybe they'll announce it in September.

Perhaps those announcements will be coming next month.

I really can't tell who George looks like at the moment.

Shocking, isn't it?

I just noticed another dog in the family picture. Is that the Middleton family dog? Looks like a golden retriever napping behind Kate

Yes, it's the Middletons' dog, Tilly.

Here's the thing: we want to get a glimpse into their "real" life as much as possible and they want to be seen as normal. These pictures try to accomplish both and I think they're great. Catherine looks especially beautiful and they both look relaxed and happy to me. As others have already said, there will be plenty of professional photos to come. I think W&K look much more attractive in these than in their professional photos anyway. (I'm thinking of the official photo of the two of them where Kate is wearing a blue suit -- it was taken shortly after the wedding, I believe.) If they're willing to share what amounts to their own family photos, I'm all for it!

I really liked these informal pictures. I know some professional photographers and members of the media are disappointed that these pictures weren't professional but that's not what the couple wanted right now. They wanted to share a nice family moment with everyone and I think it's great. Of course the more formal ones are coming with the Christening in a couple months time.

In the pictures, William & Catherine are very relaxed and Lupo is loving his moment in front of the camera.

I think the couple knew some would complain about the quality of the first pictures but they did it their way.

Well, it's very nice I suppose that we have a couple of photos to look at from the private family album. Mr Middleton took great shots - albeit the camera lens was focused on the dog rather than the people - and I think that is why more formal shots taken - preferably by Testino - would be good for posterity.

I guess we have to wish for the more formal and professional portraits to be released quickly for everyone to calm down about the quality of the pictures.

@victoriaarbiter: I wish for historical reasons they were of a better quality. No offense to Michael Middleton - he's a proud grandpa, but these are snapshots

@royalmusing: @victoriaarbiter I call them family snaps, but not the cover of people mag quality

@royalmusing: @Royal_Diary these are photos of two future kings - one would expect better photos for history.

I have to agree. No offense to Michael Middleton but those are Christmas Card Quality photos. I am a little disappointed but he still took a nice photo. I like a lot of Journalists and people's was expecting a lot more. We all had very high expectations that were maybe too high. It still a okay family photo for the scrap book.

Lovely photos! So wonderful to see Catherine really looking just beaming. The baby is, of course, gorgeous. A blondie and has Williams mouth, I agreee Baroness. How anyone can say all babies look alike??...
The Swedish RF have a tradition, possibly beginning with the present King, of family taking first pics.
Just lovely. I hope Catharine invites Mama to help her settle at KP when the time comes, she is lucky to love her mother and for a helpful mother!!

I think the photos are lovely - but I really love them as black and whites.

Attachments

• wkg2.jpg
    wkg2.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 201
  • wkg bw.jpg
    wkg bw.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 248
@victoriaarbiter: I wish for historical reasons they were of a better quality. No offense to Michael Middleton - he's a proud grandpa, but these are snapshots

@royalmusing: @victoriaarbiter I call them family snaps, but not the cover of people mag quality

@royalmusing: @Royal_Diary these are photos of two future kings - one would expect better photos for history.

I have to agree. No offense to Michael Middleton but those are Christmas Card Quality photos. I am a little disappointed but he still took a nice photo. I like a lot of Journalists and people's was expecting a lot more. We all had very high expectations that were maybe too high. It still a okay family photo for the scrap book.

I think that's just it, people expectations were very high. Once I read the reports that the pictures would be taken by a family member and not a professional photographer, I expected just exactly what was released.

For an amateur photographer, I think Michael did a very good job. I don't think they wanted the pictures to look professional.

We were told that this was one of the options that was being considered, and last week there was a comment that Catherine was shifting through pix to see if there were any suitable.

Why the surprise?

As for Victoria Arbiter's comment - she makes it sound as if there wont be any more pictures, when we know there will be.

I like a lot these informal photos. It is nice to see the baby now, since now, we had to wait the christening to see a royal baby. we never saw the baby before, now with Willian and Kate, it is other, it is nice that they share these photos with everyone, no matter these photos are made by Mr Meddleton. I am happy to see the baby who is very cute.

We were told that this was one of the options that was being considered, and last week there was a comment that Catherine was shifting through pix to see if there were any suitable.

Why the surprise?

As for Victoria Arbiter's comment - she makes it sound as if there wont be any more pictures, when we know there will be.

I think some members of the media are talking out of disappointment of the quality of the pictures without thinking about the big christening ceremony and official portraits that will be produced. I just saw a video royal reporter, Robert Jobson talking about these pictures and even he acted like these are the only pictures we will ever see of the couple and Prince George. There are many more and (professional) pictures to come.

I think the media response is the fact they don't like William and Catherine's "independent" ways. Like Chick'n Lick'n, they think the sky will fall on their head.

Upon reflection, baby prince does look about 2-3 weeks old as another poster conjectured. I had a baby at the same birth weight and this is not a month old baby, imo.
Also, the only criticsm I would level is that the dog is too prominently placed and, imo, too close to the newborn, which always makes me nervous with a young dog.

The 'Media', aware of how much the Duke {and by extension, the Duchess} dislike and distrust them, are smarting at the couples decision to exclude them from the 'gravy train' they expected with the first photoshoot of the infant Prince George.

They will have to wait for the Christening where the photos will be professionally done, albeit under the tight control of the Cambridges'...

'As ye sow, so shall ye reap'...

What? Harry has quite a sizable bald spot; it's less noticeable than William's because he still has more hair in front, but he's getting there.

Still, so what? There's worse things than baldness!
I know I just meant Harry doesn't have it to the extent William does. Believe me I'm the last person to judge the child if he does end up with the balding gene but I just hated watching William get teased so badly about it especially by the press.:flowers:

They will have to wait for the Christening where the photos will be professionally done, albeit under the tight control of the Cambridges'...

I can't help but think that although there has been family photos released, its kind of poignant that the first official royal portrait/picture (professional) just might well be the generational shot of HM holding George and surrounded by Charles and William. That is a shot that will be truly historical. The perfect time for this photo will be at George's christening.

Overall, I like the pictures, and I don't have a problem with them releasing photos taken by a family member. That said, I think Mr. Middleton did a poor job with exposure and lighting. He really blew the highlights, and I wish he'd found some softer lighting. You can be an amateur and still do a better job than he did (they're not horrible, but I expected better).

The pictures from the Times that cepe posted earlier were post-processed to recover some of the highlights and correctly expose their faces.

Also, the only criticsm I would level is that the dog is too prominently placed and, imo, too close to the newborn, which always makes me nervous with a young dog.

Why?? It's not like the baby and Lupo are alone in a room without supervision... George will be fine.

I think the media response is the fact they don't like William and Catherine's "independent" ways. Like Chick'n Lick'n, they think the sky will fall on their head.

I agree, you are right. The media doesn't like the fact that William and Catherine are more Independent and are allowed to do what want more then previous Generation were under the tight supervision of BP. The media has not been happy lately because they have been excluded from BP in knowing important information and events.

Not to go off topic to much but the Relationship between the Media (mostly the British Media) and The Royal Family has always been an interesting one and Complicated at times. Way back In the 1970s stuff that concerned the royal family which could pose a threat or harmful would not have touched the front page and they were on good terms. That all changed in the 1980s and by the early 1990s the relationship was decaying rapidly as both sides began to lose trust. Then there was Those weeks and Months in 1997 which made things worst. It wasn't until The Queen Golden Jubilee that things got a little better.

It obvious William ( And Catherine) does not trust the media thar much after everything which is probably why he gave his Interview to a American Television Network and not to a British One.

I wish the U.S media chad that kind of relationship with the White House and not so 'Buddy-Buddy'

Last edited:
It obvious William ( And Catherine) does not trust the media thar much after everything which is probably why he gave his Interview to a American Television Network and not to a British One.

The interview was a joint ITN-CNN venture, the interview will be broadcast on ITV over hear as well. Frankly I wouldn't trust the american press anymore than the british, in fact i'd trust them less. However if you notice William's interview polo shirt, you'll probably understand why this is a joint venture interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom