The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-19-2013, 06:27 PM
Serene Highness

I thought the Middleton's dog was a hay bale when I first saw it. I loved that Lupo is in one. There will be formal family shot done after the christening. Most babies at George's age look like Churchill. Why not wait until he is bigger and has some of his personality to take the baby close up photos.

Old 08-19-2013, 06:38 PM
Aristocracy

His eyes would have been closed even if the pictures were in focus...same as when they came out of the lindo wing...he's a baby and it would be pointless to hold him upright when his eyes would probably be closed...I think that's why they didn't want a professional they don't want to interrupt him and they probably feel George would be difficult with all the technicalities of a professional shoot...I think we might get that maybe six months down the line when he's bigger.

Old 08-19-2013, 06:44 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
I like the pictures. Their 'amateur' appearance is what makes them so charming. They're family shots; taken by a proud grandfather, in the backyard of his home. They give a glimpse into how William and Catherine want to do things; their own way, and a little less formal. That's fine by me. It makes them happy and comfortable, which is the most important thing in this situation. Professional photographs take a long time to shoot. I've seen it done when my sister was a baby, and it was absolute torture. She was only a month or so old, and after a very short time, got tired of being moved all over the place, and situated in different poses. Of course, since the photographer's time was paid for, there was no way out, and some of the pictures came out rather badly, with my sister ready to scream her head off in protest. I'm glad that the Cambridges avoided this with their son. Good move on their part.
Honestly, to me, William and Kate are no different than any other generation of TRF. Every generation does things differently- as a couple, family, and as a royal....just like any other family.

Anyway, the pics are nice. They seem formal to me. They're nicely dressed, obviously posed pics. The only thing "different" about them to me is that her father took the photos....which I wouldn't know unless I was told. On appearance alone they don't seem particularly unique to me- ie they're no more or less than any other royal pictures, but they are nice. Come to think of it, I've seen many royal photos that are considerably less formal than this.lol
Old 08-19-2013, 06:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
The focus should be on prince george bu you can barely see him!:-(
Well, he is quite small, yet. I was glad to see them AS THEY ARE TOGETHER (yes, a louder voice, there). He won't look like a person until another month or so. I can wait.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:00 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Well, he is quite small, yet. I was glad to see them AS THEY ARE TOGETHER (yes, a louder voice, there). He won't look like a person until another month or so. I can wait.
Didn't we all expect to see a photo with George and his parents?
Old 08-19-2013, 07:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin9 View Post
Didn't we all expect to see a photo with George and his parents?
Apparently some were expecting the baby to have his eyes open, doff a top hat and do "Putting On the Ritz" for the camera, followed by a recitation of the Magna Carta.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:07 PM
Nobility

Some people were just incensed that William *shock* DARED to leave his wife for *gasp* two whole days and possibly, prepare yourself, had a beer.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Good grief. People were waiting for pics of George and now they have them so they complain that they were not taken by a pro, that there are not enough pics, the pics are too posed, and his eyes are not open. Makes you wonder why they even try sometimes.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:15 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Good grief. People were waiting for pics of George and now they have them so they complain that they were not taken by a pro, that there are not enough pics, the pics are too posed, and his eyes are not open. Makes you wonder why they even try sometimes.
Pretty amazing, isn't it???
Old 08-19-2013, 07:17 PM
Serene Highness

Imagine the horror of some people if Auntie Pippa took the photos instead of Mike. :)
Old 08-19-2013, 07:19 PM
Nobility

Prince George: First Official Photos Released 22 August 2013

I think people just wanted him and expected him to be the focus.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
I think people just wanted him and expected him to be the focus.
Okay, babies cannot "perform" or "become" anything at this age. I tried to have pics taken of my first child at this age and the first time he would not stop screaming. The second time he slept. I waited until he got older. Short of plopping the baby on the grass and making a loud noise so he would open his eyes, you cannot force a baby to do ANYTHING for the camera. It is a helpless little baby.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:31 PM
Courtier

I think they are charming, and I am sure we will get more stylized formal photos from Balmoral and then the christening. 2 observations - I was expecting more candid shots, rather than posed - but that was just my misconception and second, I think both of these images look much better as BW (BW forgives a lot of the lighting errors.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:31 PM
Courtier

First official royal baby portrait of Prince George with the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge taken by Kate's dad | Mail Online
Old 08-19-2013, 07:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Telegraph have done a close up of George from one of the pix

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/...E_2648110c.jpg

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 08-19-2013, 07:40 PM
Serene Highness

I don't understand the need of certain papers to have the photographic skills of Michael Middleton analyzed. There will be more photos of George later on. These are not going to be only photos taken of him. He is a small baby. He is either sleeping or crying his head off. The fact that they got Lupo to sit still to take a photo should be applauded.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:40 PM
Courtier

He looks like Harry.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:46 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalistbert View Post
He looks like Harry.
I don't see it, but why would that be a surprise if he did? He's William's brother. Anyway, he's a few weeks old. It's rather difficult to tell who he'll really favor at this stage imo.

My aunt and her niece look so much like each other it's incredible. They look more like each other than any of their kids-or my aunt's grandkids- or their own parents- look like them. It's the strongest family resemblance that I've seen on my dad's side. Genetics are a funny thing.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:47 PM
Serene Highness

Good Lord this thread has taken a sad, and in some circumstances, downright stupid turn. The birth of a first baby is something to be celebrated and that happened, but not for long, and some of the postings over the last month really has me wondering about people these days. Don't know if it's the epidemic of "Well...No one knows me off line, so I' m allowed to say what I want and no one stop me." smug arrogance overtaking things or what, but for of the things I've seen in here the last month just is beyond sad and also disturbing too in it's way.

For all those complaining about these lovely pictures, which I think after listening to William talk the last few years about how he and Kate want as little formality as they can possibly have, what is the big shocker here? In fact, if they had done the formal photo thing, I would have been shocked. It's not William's style. He let someone he trusts, which is something not easily given by him, take these important pictures. Yes, William comes across as a bit stiff, but he usually does when he knows the pictures are to be released to the public, so no big shocker there.

For those complaining they can't see the baby, i am more than a bit puzzled. My Mom has Macular Degeneration and Cataracts *and* not only could see the baby easily here on my mini iPadd w/out me needing to enlarge it, but also commented on the obvious frown on little George's face. We were all wondering if he was about to unleash a howl or filling up a diaper w/the look on his face. :oD.

Anyway...If my Mom could see little George's face w/no problem w/the shape her eyes are in, then IMO that means the pictures are fine.

I love them and they're perfect because that's what William and Kate wanted and it shows in the photos. I will happily take these over any posed and uncomfortable first pictures any day and twice on Sunday and think Grandpa Michael did a lovely job.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:50 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
Good Lord this thread has taken a sad, and in some circumstances, downright stupid turn. The birth of a first baby is something to be celebrated and that happened, but not for long, and some of the postings over the last month really has me wondering about people these days. Don't know if it's the epidemic of "Well...No one knows me off line, so I' m allowed to say what I want and no one stop me." smug arrogance overtaking things or what, but for of the things I've seen in here the last month just is beyond sad and also disturbing too in it's way.

For all those complaining about these lovely pictures, which I think after listening to William talk the last few years about how he and Kate want as little formality as they can possibly have, what is the big shocker here? In fact, if they had done the formal photo thing, I would have been shocked. It's not William's style. He let someone he trusts, which is something not easily given by him, take these important pictures. Yes, William comes across as a bit stiff, but he usually does when he knows the pictures are to be released to the public, so no big shocker there.

For those complaining they can't see the baby, i am more than a bit puzzled. My Mom has Macular Degeneration and Cataracts *and* not only could see the baby easily here on my mini iPadd w/out me needing to enlarge it, but also commented on the obvious frown on little George's face. We were all wondering if he was about to unleash a howl or filling up a diaper w/the look on his face. :oD.

Anyway...If my Mom could see little George's face w/no problem w/the shape her eyes are in, then IMO that means the pictures are fine.

I love them and they're perfect because that's what William and Kate wanted and it shows in the photos. I will happily take these over any posed and uncomfortable first pictures any day and twice on Sunday and think Grandpa Michael did a lovely job.

I agree