The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-19-2013, 04:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post
One-month old babies can open their eyes, they just don't do it very often. They sleep a lot at this age--although it really didn't seem that way to me with my two. Hopefully he is sleeping through the night or will very soon.
Not according to William!

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 08-19-2013, 04:40 PM
Nobility

I really like the pictures, and the natural feel of them (my only "complaint' is that the lighting/color seems as if it could be a bit better). I never really liked the official pictures of William as a baby, as I always felt they looked a bit uncomfortable - William looked more startled than cozy. So, while crisper photos might have been better in some ways, I love the comfortable family feel of them.

Heir Apparent

Well that explains why we got good photos from William's first official portrait. I dunno I was just expecting more? idk why.

Lemme re-phrase that I don't hate them at all I quite like them I just feel that closeup shot is what's missing.
Nobility

I like the pictures. They're not perfect, but I like that about them. Formal portraits are nice, but they don't seem "real", with the photographer telling the subjects how to stand, where to stand, how to touch/look at each other (or not). I'm sure I'll love the official one when it's released, but these are so much more relaxed.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:43 PM
Courtier

I just hope they don't try to go too informal in dealing with the public and press in an effort to be modern and cool ....pretending/wishing they could be just a regular ole' family would be disingenuous at best. There has to be a happy medium like some of the other royal families have achieved. But I believe William knows this.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:46 PM
Heir Apparent

If these had not been released and in a few years time you were offered the chance to see a couple of pix out of the family album, everyone would be excited.

I think this is great and an indication how more relaxed William is feeling.

Old 08-19-2013, 04:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
The focus should be on prince george bu you can barely see him!:-(
I agree.
this is a lovely family pic but not for the first official pics of prince George.
One pic of him alone would have been nice.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:48 PM
Courtier

Wait until the Daily Mail shows them. The Daily Mail always seems to make photos look good. I personally like them
Old 08-19-2013, 04:50 PM
Courtier

I don't understand that William and Kate go along with the frenzy by announcing that the pictures will be released and have an embargo on them.
I think Victoria and Daniel are handling it great, no hoopla and just releasing some pictures on the official website once in a while.

I agree that Kate looks great.
Lovely family
Old 08-19-2013, 05:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Confirmation there are no more photos to be released
Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 3m #royal #George the Telegraph says that two official photos were taken by #Kate's father Michael Middleton at the family home in Bucklbury

Fine then, I'll just wait for the HQ images and just crop and isolate George and use that as the close up since we're not getting any other ones till the christening.
Old 08-19-2013, 05:07 PM
Courtier

William, Catherine nor the palace send out a press release that the photos would be send out. They made them available to the press and it would be embargo until midnight British time. That how the BRF works and also the same on this side of the Atlantic
Old 08-19-2013, 05:10 PM
Heir Apparent

I love Daily Mail's headline on their paper tomorrow
https://twitter.com/suttonnick
Old 08-19-2013, 05:11 PM
Serene Highness

I think the pictures are sweet. They're as close to family photos they will ever release.
Old 08-19-2013, 05:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

They're nice pictures. I don't really care about whether they used a professional or a family member. Family pictures are family pictures and are to be treasured.
Old 08-19-2013, 05:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm View Post
I don't understand that William and Kate go along with the frenzy by announcing that the pictures will be released and have an embargo on them.
I think Victoria and Daniel are handling it great, no hoopla and just releasing some pictures on the official website once in a while.

I agree that Kate looks great.
Lovely family
They issue the pictures to the papers and agencies and then say - you can release them at x time. This means there is supposed to be an equal playing field. Belga blew it - that's just the way it is. Stealing a march on the competition.

EDIT: The whole is not interested in Victoria anfd Daniel and a few pix on the website is sufficient.

Old 08-19-2013, 05:28 PM
Courtier

If anything,The baby should have been more of a focus, more centered or something. You don't want to see the dog before the baby, LoL. YMMV
Old 08-19-2013, 05:59 PM
Aristocracy

I see that a lot of people are criticizing the pictures(not talking about this forum) because they weren't taken by a professional(sky news showed a pg of dailymail saying michael you're no snowden (sp?))...guess what Prince Williams official pictures weren't good...and they were taken by a professional...they published pictures of him looking like he was little possessed baby.

Amaryllus I think lupo was trying to upstage him...lol.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:07 PM
Heir Apparent

These are nice casual family pictures, very sweet for a photo album, and I have no objection to them if other formal photos will be issued, but if these were intended for media release then George should have been facing forward toward the camera and centered as the focal point between William and Catherine. A closeup of him would have been nice. Being a little tyke and bundled up in the blanket, he's somewhat lost on the side.

And, BTW, I'm not objecting to his eyes being shut or not mugging charmingly for the camera. Georgie is definitely down for the count.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:07 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Confirmation there are no more photos to be released
Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 3m #royal #George the Telegraph says that two official photos were taken by #Kate's father Michael Middleton at the family home in Bucklbury

Fine then, I'll just wait for the HQ images and just crop and isolate George and use that as the close up since we're not getting any other ones till the christening.
That's a pity, I was hoping for more photos. I hoped that these were "starter" photos and that we would get more later on. I was looking forward into a close up photo of little George/one with his eyes open. On a slightly different note, the photos are nice and Prince George is a very cute baby. I think Catherine is looking very well.
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my TRF group about British Royal Children!
Old 08-19-2013, 06:16 PM
Majesty

I like the pictures. Their 'amateur' appearance is what makes them so charming. They're family shots; taken by a proud grandfather, in the backyard of his home. They give a glimpse into how William and Catherine want to do things; their own way, and a little less formal. That's fine by me. It makes them happy and comfortable, which is the most important thing in this situation. Professional photographs take a long time to shoot. I've seen it done when my sister was a baby, and it was absolute torture. She was only a month or so old, and after a very short time, got tired of being moved all over the place, and situated in different poses. Of course, since the photographer's time was paid for, there was no way out, and some of the pictures came out rather badly, with my sister ready to scream her head off in protest. I'm glad that the Cambridges avoided this with their son. Good move on their part.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.