The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-20-2013, 02:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
We were told that this was one of the options that was being considered, and last week there was a comment that Catherine was shifting through pix to see if there were any suitable.

Why the surprise?

As for Victoria Arbiter's comment - she makes it sound as if there wont be any more pictures, when we know there will be.
I think some members of the media are talking out of disappointment of the quality of the pictures without thinking about the big christening ceremony and official portraits that will be produced. I just saw a video royal reporter, Robert Jobson talking about these pictures and even he acted like these are the only pictures we will ever see of the couple and Prince George. There are many more and (professional) pictures to come.

The Honourable Frances Shand Kydd
Old 08-20-2013, 02:18 PM
Heir Apparent

I think the media response is the fact they don't like William and Catherine's "independent" ways. Like Chick'n Lick'n, they think the sky will fall on their head.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 08-20-2013, 02:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Upon reflection, baby prince does look about 2-3 weeks old as another poster conjectured. I had a baby at the same birth weight and this is not a month old baby, imo.
Also, the only criticsm I would level is that the dog is too prominently placed and, imo, too close to the newborn, which always makes me nervous with a young dog.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:25 PM
Aristocracy

The 'Media', aware of how much the Duke {and by extension, the Duchess} dislike and distrust them, are smarting at the couples decision to exclude them from the 'gravy train' they expected with the first photoshoot of the infant Prince George.

They will have to wait for the Christening where the photos will be professionally done, albeit under the tight control of the Cambridges'...

'As ye sow, so shall ye reap'...
Old 08-20-2013, 02:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
What? Harry has quite a sizable bald spot; it's less noticeable than William's because he still has more hair in front, but he's getting there.

Still, so what? There's worse things than baldness!
I know I just meant Harry doesn't have it to the extent William does. Believe me I'm the last person to judge the child if he does end up with the balding gene but I just hated watching William get teased so badly about it especially by the press.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
They will have to wait for the Christening where the photos will be professionally done, albeit under the tight control of the Cambridges'...
I can't help but think that although there has been family photos released, its kind of poignant that the first official royal portrait/picture (professional) just might well be the generational shot of HM holding George and surrounded by Charles and William. That is a shot that will be truly historical. The perfect time for this photo will be at George's christening.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:42 PM

Overall, I like the pictures, and I don't have a problem with them releasing photos taken by a family member. That said, I think Mr. Middleton did a poor job with exposure and lighting. He really blew the highlights, and I wish he'd found some softer lighting. You can be an amateur and still do a better job than he did (they're not horrible, but I expected better).

The pictures from the Times that cepe posted earlier were post-processed to recover some of the highlights and correctly expose their faces.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:52 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
Also, the only criticsm I would level is that the dog is too prominently placed and, imo, too close to the newborn, which always makes me nervous with a young dog.
Why?? It's not like the baby and Lupo are alone in a room without supervision... George will be fine.
Old 08-20-2013, 03:00 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I think the media response is the fact they don't like William and Catherine's "independent" ways. Like Chick'n Lick'n, they think the sky will fall on their head.
I agree, you are right. The media doesn't like the fact that William and Catherine are more Independent and are allowed to do what want more then previous Generation were under the tight supervision of BP. The media has not been happy lately because they have been excluded from BP in knowing important information and events.

Not to go off topic to much but the Relationship between the Media (mostly the British Media) and The Royal Family has always been an interesting one and Complicated at times. Way back In the 1970s stuff that concerned the royal family which could pose a threat or harmful would not have touched the front page and they were on good terms. That all changed in the 1980s and by the early 1990s the relationship was decaying rapidly as both sides began to lose trust. Then there was Those weeks and Months in 1997 which made things worst. It wasn't until The Queen Golden Jubilee that things got a little better.

It obvious William ( And Catherine) does not trust the media thar much after everything which is probably why he gave his Interview to a American Television Network and not to a British One.

I wish the U.S media chad that kind of relationship with the White House and not so 'Buddy-Buddy'
Old 08-20-2013, 03:06 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishRoyalist View Post
It obvious William ( And Catherine) does not trust the media thar much after everything which is probably why he gave his Interview to a American Television Network and not to a British One.
The interview was a joint ITN-CNN venture, the interview will be broadcast on ITV over hear as well. Frankly I wouldn't trust the american press anymore than the british, in fact i'd trust them less. However if you notice William's interview polo shirt, you'll probably understand why this is a joint venture interview.
Old 08-20-2013, 03:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince George: First Official Photos Released 22 August 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by txrose86 View Post
Overall, I like the pictures, and I don't have a problem with them releasing photos taken by a family member. That said, I think Mr. Middleton did a poor job with exposure and lighting. He really blew the highlights, and I wish he'd found some softer lighting. You can be an amateur and still do a better job than he did (they're not horrible, but I expected better).

The pictures from the Times that cepe posted earlier were post-processed to recover some of the highlights and correctly expose their faces.
And they are horrible. I think its a tad unfair to criticise an amateur photographer. William and Catherine obviously like the pix which is why they chose them. Let's just go with that.

I'm saving my criticism for the professional cos if it is anything like Testino's engagement snaps, I'll be busy.

Old 08-20-2013, 04:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenbeee View Post
Firstly sorry to hear you have some health issues I wish you lots of good health to come your way :)

I think that there will be an official photoshoot with the royal family I think everyone can see that for historic purposes that it is important that it occurs. Maybe they will wait till the christening?? Im sure the personal photos will occur with the Queen and Prince Philip and the Middletons but I guess we will have to wait for public photos.

thanks so so much. For me in a cuople of weeks before the christening thay will published a picture of the queen, charles, william and george. likethe one of queen victoria with edward, george and prince of wales david.
one queen with her three heirs in a very historic moment
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 08-20-2013, 04:19 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
The interview was a joint ITN-CNN venture, the interview will be broadcast on ITV over hear as well. Frankly I wouldn't trust the american press anymore than the british, in fact i'd trust them less. However if you notice William's interview polo shirt, you'll probably understand why this is a joint venture interview.
You're right, I am on the continent, but don't trust CNN more than I do Daily Mirror. No, wait, Daily Mirror is, in its way, rather trustworthy.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon View Post
thanks so so much. For me in a cuople of weeks before the christening thay will published a picture of the queen, charles, william and george. likethe one of queen victoria with edward, george and prince of wales david.
one queen with her three heirs in a very historic moment
What you written has clarified the "picture debate" for me.

William said in his interview that he likes to be independent - but sometimes "the system kicks in and he has to go with that.

What we see is independent William and Catherine - his family, his priorities, even Lupo. This is what matters to him - its as if he is underlining what he said in the interview.

When we see the historic, offical pictures, probably the 4 generations one that lots of people want to see - that is the system kicking in.

Old 08-20-2013, 04:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Pictures from HRH Lupo

https://twitter.com/emlaw124/status/...002304/photo/1

There isnt a thread just for the dog!

Old 08-20-2013, 04:48 PM
Heir Apparent

I loved these pictures and it's nice just to see a husband and wife with their child and pet.

The major pictures are coming of the couple and baby, grandparents, great-grandparents, possible siblings (Harry, Pippa and James) and the godparents of course. That's the pictures I think everyone should be waiting for and I hope there will be some video of the group together. There was for the other christenings.

The Honourable Frances Shand Kydd
Old 08-20-2013, 04:54 PM
Courtier

My thoughts:
  1. I love the pics.
  2. I could not give a hoot who took the pictures.
  3. Catherine looks shorter than William in the picture of them standing, I think that she is not wearing high heels.
  4. Having the dogs in the picture is no different than when the queen has her dogs in a family photo, staged or not.
  5. Do we have confirmation there will be a 4-generation picture or is that more a hope that we have?
  6. Nobody trusts the media, unless the media is reporting something you want to hear.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:57 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iisuzieii View Post

lol...I agree with everything you say. But, I am sure when we get those people will complain as well.

For some reporters and photogs talking about snapping them when they are out...do you think he is going to look any different...he is still so young...Its like what were you expecting...he was probably like 2 and a half weeks and babies sleep and eat..not do photo shoots. I am sure somewhere down the line they might get a photographer like Mario testino to take professional portraits....but I don't even think someone like him would want to deal with a 2 week old baby boy.
You forgot filling the nappy w/the sleeping and eating.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:08 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I think you mean Chicken Little. Thank you for that rather interesting mental image though. Brought a badly needed smile and laugh. Considering just who I will have to put up w/tonight *and* the fact Mom *should* know by now having a bunch of people over for Supper on what's one of Dad's Dialysis Days isn't fair to him w/how wiped out he'll be...

So Thank You for that!! :)
Old 08-20-2013, 05:19 PM

Quote:
And they are horrible. I think its a tad unfair to criticise an amateur photographer. William and Catherine obviously like the pix which is why they chose them. Let's just go with that. I'm saving my criticism for the professional cos if it is anything like Testino's engagement snaps, I'll be busy.
I get why William & Catherine like her dad's photos. And as I said, I don't have a problem with that. I actually do think they're pretty good photos overall. But correct exposure is a biggie - I simply think he should have paid more attention it and at least exposed their faces correctly, if nothing else.

Why is it unfair to criticize? If he's willing to release his photos to the world, then he should accept that most people expect a certain quality. I'm not even asking for that much. Again, as I said, overall I do like them. I just think there are some areas where he could have done better.

May I ask why you say they're horrible? (I assume you were referencing the Times photos with that comment). They're definitely more correctly exposed, and I happen to like them for that. Of course, post processing is going to degrade photos some, especially when you're using a jpg (which I assume the pictures were released as). Sorry, I'm just looking at them on my phone, so it's hard to see some of the detail.