Prince George: First Official Photos - August 22, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can hardly believe that this is an 18 page thread devoted to the release of the family photos of the baby. I will refrain from participating and do my part to give this little family some space.

Children are usually born into families with 2 sides - the mother's side of the family (in this case, the Middletons) and the father's side of the family (in this case, the BRF).

I'm taking the view that these are Middleton family photographs released to the public. Very nice of them to share them with us.

The photos from the BRF side of the family will be along soon.

:lol::lol::lol:

You think so?

Thank goodness no one saw my family pictures. Most of the people on here would have had a stroke.

I was thinking the same thing! :flowers:

I know I have a dreadful tendency to cut someone's head off (figuratively speaking, that is) and they tend to be wobbly.
But I'm not famous and no one cares (except the person cut off). :lol:

I think the pictures are rather charming. As for the argument about George's features, he has the same scrunched-up little face most babies have...they tend to look the same at that age.

The Christening pics

This family has not rushed to christen new additions. We'll see if W&C change that tradition as well. ;):lol:;)

I do think that if there are no photos with great grandpa Phillip, there will be hysteria. ;)

Other than the picture of the family leaving the hospital, does anyone know/recall at what age the first pictures of William were released? Were there pictures of him at the same age as George is here? (Or of Harry)?

I think William was a month or so old before the first official photo. This isn't in response to your question, ladongas, but looking at the professional photo that was released of him, I have to said I prefer the ones taken by Michael Middleton. At least little George doesn't look startled. :lol:

http://resources1.news.com.au/images/2012/12/04/1226529/368109-prince-william-as-ababy.jpg

I think William was a month or so old before the first official photo. This isn't in response to your question, ladongas, but looking at the professional photo that was released of him, I have to said I prefer the ones taken by Michael Middleton. At least little George doesn't look startled. :lol:

http://resources1.news.com.au/images/2012/12/04/1226529/368109-prince-william-as-ababy.jpg

I really like the pictures. I am not sure what everyone is complaining about. They are great pictures.

I don't care for the William pic, he doesn't even look cute in that.

I do think that if there are no photos with great grandpa Phillip, there will be hysteria. ;)

I don't think we'll see any pictures released at all from Balmoral. From what I've read, we won't even know when they're up there unless they're spotted going to church. Its going to be a very private visit.

I don't think they ever do pics of the Christianing. They just do pics of them with the godparents and family.

Thanks, cinrit. That's what I thought. I'm sure everyone would have loved to have seen earlier pictures of William... I think it's fine to see pictures which don't meet the standards of some- better than no pictures at all.

Casual family photos...with a BPS400 blowout, heavy makeup and a new dress...hardly candid. These are photos of Kate and William, George just happens to be there. I'm finished now. LOL

But everyone would be complaining that Kate looks like crap without makeup and how dare she not look pretty for us. OH forgot to add How dare she wear something more then once. Doesn't she know she is supposed to wear makeup at all times and wear newe things.

Yes I am being sarcastic.

Casual family photos...with a BPS400 blowout, heavy makeup and a new dress...hardly candid. These are photos of Kate and William, George just happens to be there. I'm finished now. LOL

Well, if the 'casual' pictures are not good enough for some, how awful would they have been if Kate were unkempt, wearing a quilted bathrobe? I didn't think her hair looked professionally done, and just because we haven't seen a dress doesn't mean it's new.
I'm not one who thinks any royal(s) is beyond criticism, but I can't even understand what and why people are criticizing these two snaps. Sooner or later there may be something real to criticize.

I'm not one who thinks any royal(s) is beyond criticism, but I can't even understand what and why people are criticizing these two snaps. Sooner or later there may be something real to criticize.

Maybe because they don't like the snaps? People have different opinions: you like them, I don't. Simple.

And what is something real to criticize?

Visible tattoos, tongue piercing, marital discord in public, no-shows at committed engagements, shop-lifting... Possibilities are endless.

Maybe because they don't like the snaps? People have different opinions: you like them, I don't. Simple.

There is a difference between having an opinion and being down right mean. Alot of the posts were just mean just for the sake of being mean.

Thanks for my second laugh of the day. When Testino does it, it's ART!

It's overwhelmingly funny (odd funny) to me that so many people are finding so many reasons to be deeply offended by the release of the family photos. Above all, I am sure they did not mean to offend anyone by releasing them.

I know, right. Testino has shot quite a few photos where the sun is behind his subject, and he's not the only one. I've seen many photos in magazines, where the celebs/models are shot with the sun behind them. I guess basic photography fail is okay when it's done by a professional, but Michael Middleton and everyone else need to turn over their cameras when they do it.

Poor Mr. Middleton. He was probably so proud and excited about taking the photos and now he has to hear that his photos and photo taking skills are horrible. I bet that's the last time he shares a family photo. :lol:

Last edited:
There is a difference between having an opinion and being down right mean. Alot of the posts were just mean just for the sake of being mean.

Can you indicated me which posts you're refering to? Because I don't remember to have read any post being mean just for the sake of being mean.

It is really not fair to tar everyone with the same brush. Can't personally remember seeing anyone being "mean" for the sake of being mean here, but granted, I've only skimmed through the thread briefly. That being said, "a lot" is a major overstatement. Yes, people, including myself, have been criticising the pictures and stating our opinion about them. However, that doesn't make our posts "mean". As julliette said, we all have different opinions, and there would be no point in having a discussing forum where everyone agreed with each other. Stating your opinion isn't being mean.

Last edited:

It probably was a new dress because she has just had a baby and probably isn't able to fit into her old clothes. Since they released this to the media, I see no problem with her wanting to look nice. She is a lovely young woman.

This is a forum, not a fan site.

If someone has a negative opinion, why resort to a grade-school put down such as "mean"? Explain yourself, don't get worked up over it and move on.

I think, Gracie, because these forums hold a higher standard for us than many other Forums do, there are times when people call out behavior that they think has crawled beyond the bounds of acceptability. That too, is opinion - but the alternative is to report the thread to the Mods, who frequently delete, close for review, etc. etc. IMHO.

Personally, I don't find name calling to build meaningful discussion, ever. ;)

The royal baby pictures show privilege trying, and failing, to look normal | Jonathan Jones | Comment is free | theguardian.com

Oh my goodness, I have about £30 to my name, jobless and no savings, but I am sure the writer of the article above is on a very good salary. Why so hateful!

Thank you for posting the link. I enjoyed reading the article, although not entirely agree with it. However, it is well-written, intelligent and does make a point.

Personally, I do not like to "over-democratize" (is this a word????:p) aristocracy. I believe we have enough "democratic" reality-tv, vulgar personalities invading our lives and giving us advice about diets, fashion, health, raising children, politics and social issues. :eek: Enough of that. I expect aristocracy to be different and to remain the symbol of status, tradition, wealth, dignity and poise.

I think, Gracie, because these forums hold a higher standard for us than many other Forums do, there are times when people call out behavior that they think has crawled beyond the bounds of acceptability. That too, is opinion - but the alternative is to report the thread to the Mods, who frequently delete, close for review, etc. etc. IMHO.

Personally, I don't find name calling to build meaningful discussion, ever. ;)

I never did any name calling. I basically said I thought some of the posts were just mean. Ok maybe I was wrong saying that the post was mean for the stake of being mean.

Look how people reacted to that it was Michael Middleton who took the photo. I thought he did as well as a professional. I personally don't care if the background is blurry or uneven. ( I didn't even notice I was just looking at 3 people who were in the photo).

I am just glad there were pics.

Last edited:
There is a difference on having an opinion on the pictures and having an opinion on William and Kate, but for some people it becomes the same thing.
Some people clearly don’t like William and Kate and will use every opportunity they get to criticize them. They would probably have criticized the pictures anyway or not expressed their opinion at all if they liked them.
Expressing your opinion is fine, but it becomes very frustrating when that opinion always is negative.

I don’t like the pictures either and I do think it would have been better to use a professional photographer, but I respect William and Kate for their decision to do it this way and I don’t turn my opinion into personal attacks on William, Kate or Michael Middleton.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom