Prince George: First Official Photos - August 22, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince George: First Official Photos Released 22 August 2013

Overall, I like the pictures, and I don't have a problem with them releasing photos taken by a family member. That said, I think Mr. Middleton did a poor job with exposure and lighting. He really blew the highlights, and I wish he'd found some softer lighting. You can be an amateur and still do a better job than he did (they're not horrible, but I expected better).

The pictures from the Times that cepe posted earlier were post-processed to recover some of the highlights and correctly expose their faces.

And they are horrible. I think its a tad unfair to criticise an amateur photographer. William and Catherine obviously like the pix which is why they chose them. Let's just go with that.

I'm saving my criticism for the professional cos if it is anything like Testino's engagement snaps, I'll be busy.

Firstly sorry to hear you have some health issues I wish you lots of good health to come your way :)

I think that there will be an official photoshoot with the royal family I think everyone can see that for historic purposes that it is important that it occurs. Maybe they will wait till the christening?? Im sure the personal photos will occur with the Queen and Prince Philip and the Middletons but I guess we will have to wait for public photos.

:flowers:
thanks so so much. For me in a cuople of weeks before the christening thay will published a picture of the queen, charles, william and george. likethe one of queen victoria with edward, george and prince of wales david.
one queen with her three heirs in a very historic moment

The interview was a joint ITN-CNN venture, the interview will be broadcast on ITV over hear as well. Frankly I wouldn't trust the american press anymore than the british, in fact i'd trust them less. However if you notice William's interview polo shirt, you'll probably understand why this is a joint venture interview.

You're right, I am on the continent, but don't trust CNN more than I do Daily Mirror. No, wait, Daily Mirror is, in its way, rather trustworthy. :)

thanks so so much. For me in a cuople of weeks before the christening thay will published a picture of the queen, charles, william and george. likethe one of queen victoria with edward, george and prince of wales david.
one queen with her three heirs in a very historic moment

What you written has clarified the "picture debate" for me.

William said in his interview that he likes to be independent - but sometimes "the system kicks in and he has to go with that.

What we see is independent William and Catherine - his family, his priorities, even Lupo. This is what matters to him - its as if he is underlining what he said in the interview.

When we see the historic, offical pictures, probably the 4 generations one that lots of people want to see - that is the system kicking in.

I loved these pictures and it's nice just to see a husband and wife with their child and pet.

The major pictures are coming of the couple and baby, grandparents, great-grandparents, possible siblings (Harry, Pippa and James) and the godparents of course. That's the pictures I think everyone should be waiting for and I hope there will be some video of the group together. There was for the other christenings.

My thoughts:

1. I love the pics.
  2. I could not give a hoot who took the pictures.
  3. Catherine looks shorter than William in the picture of them standing, I think that she is not wearing high heels.
  4. Having the dogs in the picture is no different than when the queen has her dogs in a family photo, staged or not.
  5. Do we have confirmation there will be a 4-generation picture or is that more a hope that we have?
  6. Nobody trusts the media, unless the media is reporting something you want to hear.

lol...I agree with everything you say. But, I am sure when we get those people will complain as well.

For some reporters and photogs talking about snapping them when they are out...do you think he is going to look any different...he is still so young...Its like what were you expecting...he was probably like 2 and a half weeks and babies sleep and eat..not do photo shoots. I am sure somewhere down the line they might get a photographer like Mario testino to take professional portraits....but I don't even think someone like him would want to deal with a 2 week old baby boy.

You forgot filling the nappy w/the sleeping and eating. ;)

I think the media response is the fact they don't like William and Catherine's "independent" ways. Like Chick'n Lick'n, they think the sky will fall on their head.

I think you mean Chicken Little. Thank you for that rather interesting mental image though. Brought a badly needed smile and laugh. Considering just who I will have to put up w/tonight *and* the fact Mom *should* know by now having a bunch of people over for Supper on what's one of Dad's Dialysis Days isn't fair to him w/how wiped out he'll be...

So Thank You for that!! :)

And they are horrible. I think its a tad unfair to criticise an amateur photographer. William and Catherine obviously like the pix which is why they chose them. Let's just go with that. I'm saving my criticism for the professional cos if it is anything like Testino's engagement snaps, I'll be busy.

I get why William & Catherine like her dad's photos. And as I said, I don't have a problem with that. I actually do think they're pretty good photos overall. But correct exposure is a biggie - I simply think he should have paid more attention it and at least exposed their faces correctly, if nothing else.

Why is it unfair to criticize? If he's willing to release his photos to the world, then he should accept that most people expect a certain quality. I'm not even asking for that much. Again, as I said, overall I do like them. I just think there are some areas where he could have done better.

May I ask why you say they're horrible? (I assume you were referencing the Times photos with that comment). They're definitely more correctly exposed, and I happen to like them for that. Of course, post processing is going to degrade photos some, especially when you're using a jpg (which I assume the pictures were released as). Sorry, I'm just looking at them on my phone, so it's hard to see some of the detail.

I get why William & Catherine like her dad's photos. And as I said, I don't have a problem with that. I actually do think they're pretty good photos overall. But correct exposure is a biggie - I simply think he should have paid more attention it and at least exposed their faces correctly, if nothing else.

Why is it unfair to criticize? If he's willing to release his photos to the world, then he should accept that most people expect a certain quality. I'm not even asking for that much. Again, as I said, overall I do like them. I just think there are some areas where he could have done better.

May I ask why you say they're horrible? (I assume you were referencing the Times photos with that comment). They're definitely more correctly exposed, and I happen to like them for that. Of course, post processing is going to degrade photos some, especially when you're using a jpg (which I assume the pictures were released as). Sorry, I'm just looking at them on my phone, so it's hard to see some of the detail.

William looks photoshopped - smoothed over as if he's made of plastic or wrapped in cling film. Same look Testino gave him in the engagement photos. Just horrible - he's better looking than that!

I think you mean Chicken Little. Thank you for that rather interesting mental image though. Brought a badly needed smile and laugh. Considering just who I will have to put up w/tonight *and* the fact Mom *should* know by now having a bunch of people over for Supper on what's one of Dad's Dialysis Days isn't fair to him w/how wiped out he'll be...

So Thank You for that!! :)

Sorry you are having a crappy time. :flowers:

You got me wondering, so I went and asked my Technical Director (otherwise known as my husband) and I asked him what the name of the chicken who thought the sky was going to fall on his head and he immediately said Chicken Lick'n! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Maybe its a British or generation thing. It was Chick'n Lick'n long before the Colonel. :lol:

here is the story, and of course it mentions Henny Penny, Goosey Loosey, Turkey Lurkey and others

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sky_Is_Falling_(fable)

Last edited:
William looks photoshopped - smoothed over as if he's made of plastic or wrapped in cling film. Same look Testino gave him in the engagement photos. Just horrible - he's better looking than that!

Fair enough! It's hard for me to tell that on my phone, so I'll just take your word for it :)

hahahaha - too hot for me!

I think the photos are lovely - but I really love them as black and whites.

Yes, I think the pictures look wonderful in black and White - I photograph everything and rarely can you not improve a colour photo by making it black and White.

My thoughts:

1. I love the pics.
  2. I could not give a hoot who took the pictures.
  3. Catherine looks shorter than William in the picture of them standing, I think that she is not wearing high heels.
  4. Having the dogs in the picture is no different than when the queen has her dogs in a family photo, staged or not.
  5. Do we have confirmation there will be a 4-generation picture or is that more a hope that we have?
  6. Nobody trusts the media, unless the media is reporting something you want to hear.
It's amazing what a mother of a newborn will give up: high heels, hose, sleep, showers, styled hair, getting dressed...

There is no proof that she gave up any of these things. Quite the contrary...

I think people would be saying completely different things if the pictures indicated that Catherine had given up getting dressed...

I think people would be saying completely different things if the pictures indicated that Catherine had given up getting dressed...

They would say: "Oh, how natural, so very different and unusual, like a Greek goddess with her baby." :lol:

There is no proof that she gave up any of these things. Quite the contrary...
William says she is getting up with the baby a lot, so she probably isn't getting as much sleep as before. She certainly looks good in the pictures. I'm not sure I believe that she is putting on her makeup and styling her hair like that every day, but possibly.

:)

Lol, nice image.

That would have shocked The Queen, Camilla and the other Women's in the Royal Family.

No doubt that the mens would have probably like it.

There were a couple of days when I never got out of my robe. Both my mother and mother-in-law worked, so I didn't get 24 hours help--and I am not begrudging William and Catherine the assistance. Those first few weeks are so intense.

I agree. She has always had someone to tend the baby for her.

There were a couple of days when I never got out of my robe. Both my mother and mother-in-law worked, so I didn't get 24 hours help--and I am not begrudging William and Catherine the assistance. Those first few weeks are so intense.

My apologies. I went back and re-read Ish last post which I read wrong.

Last edited:

That I understand. When my nephew was born I remember being asked by his mother if I could come over and hold the baby so she could shower.

William says she is getting up with the baby a lot, so she probably isn't getting as much sleep as before. She certainly looks good in the pictures. I'm not sure I believe that she is putting on her makeup and styling her hair like that every day, but possibly.

Ok, so she probably gave up part of her sleep. But not necessarily the rest. She has been passing most of her time at home, where I assume she's not wearing heels but where I assume too she wouldn't be wearing them if there was no baby. It's not something she had to give up because of the baby. The only time we saw her in an occasion where heels could be worn was when she left the hospital and she was indeed wearing heels, which suggests to me she's not really giving up wearing them, as she never did while pregnant.
Nothing tells us that she gave up wearing hose too, but she looked quite groomed to me both time we saw her, so I don't really see her giving it up either. The same goes for showers. There is also no evidence that she gave up styling her hair or getting dressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom