Prince George: First Official Photos - August 22, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very lovely photos of them. George is so cute.

Good Lord this thread has taken a sad, and in some circumstances, downright stupid turn.

I will happily take these over any posed and uncomfortable first pictures any day and twice on Sunday and think Grandpa Michael did a lovely job.

The humor I find in this is that in the excerpt from the interview today, William talked about he, Harry and Catherine like being independent and doing for themselves. Did no reporter on the pictures even give that a thought? This is them being independent and doing for themselves. If it's cute that William drove the family home from the hospital then it's cute that grandpa took some family photos and was kind enough to share them.

Get over it.

I wish they had done a mix... Taken the photo in the casual setting, but had a professional take them. These are pretty blah and not well taken.

Wish we had a better look at George. I am sure there have been a ton of snapshots taken in the past month where he looks more alert. I just see baby/white blanket - like outside of the hospital.

To me all the professional royal photos with babies are blah...which is probably what the formal photos of the christening will be like...they are going to very formal and boring...yes it will nice to see everyone together but it will be very predictable. That is why I think these candid pics are nice...we are lucky we even got pictures from them...and people then complain about them...informal or formal...people were going to complain.

I just wish we could have seen Prince George better and not the same way he left hospital. Kate and Wills look great. I look forward to some pictures of him awake and not in a white blanket. I'm just a little disappointed they could have been really good and still kept the relaxed informal approach.

I don't see much of George, mostly the bundle. I wish there was a full face pic.

Well here's a close-up photo of him that was posted earlier in the thread.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02648/PRINCEGEORGE_2648110c.jpg

Right now George looks no different than he did when he left the hospital, so I don't really see the big deal about getting full face/close-up photos of him. I'm way more interested in seeing what he looks like when they take the formal photos in a few months.

Last edited:
Kate looks gorgeous. And George has the sweetest little face! I love it that they included their dogs in the first family photo..perfect!

I am turning to a big puddle of mush now......:p

Prince George: First Official Photos Released 22 August 2013

I like how William have his hand resting on Catherine. Just a nice set of pictures and what's even great, there's more to come for the christening.

Well here's a close-up photo of him that was posted earlier in the thread.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02648/PRINCEGEORGE_2648110c.jpg

Right now George looks no different than he did when he left the hospital, so I don't really see the big deal about getting full face/close-up photos of him. I'm way more interested in seeing what he looks like when they take the formal photos in a few months.

Ok now that is too cute.
I guess people are disappointed that these photos look similar to the ones of him leaving the hospital. Only head visible and wrapped in a blanket. But he is still quite young and that they took the pix outside they may not want to expose him too much to the weather. These photos seem both formal and informal, especially the ones of them sitting.
Can we stop taking about what people are disappointed about and discuss William cop'n a feel on his wife? HAHAHA

As new parents, of a first born, they already have dozens and dozens of photos. They could easily have released a better close up of him.

It's the second born who has 2 or 3 photos his first 6 months. :p

Oh god please don't start with the hairline thing, don't want to think about that yet.

Kate has a beautiful head of hair, perhaps she can save her son. If she can't i hope George has his fathers "devil may care" attitude about it.

I don't understand the complaints about closeups of the baby. I can see his face perfectly well, even though his eyes are closed.

He is simply beautiful, and he is only 1 month old. There will be lots of photos of him awake later.

I think it was very generous of the Cambridges to release these photos.

Ok now that is too cute.
I guess people are disappointed that these photos look similar to the ones of him leaving the hospital. Only head visible and wrapped in a blanket. But he is still quite young and that they took the pix outside they may not want to expose him too much to the weather. These photos seem both formal and informal, especially the ones of them sitting.
Can we stop taking about what people are disappointed about and discuss William cop'n a feel on his wife? HAHAHA
Lol. I didn't even notice William's hand.

I don't understand the complaints about closeups of the baby. I can see his face perfectly well, even though his eyes are closed.

He is simply beautiful, and he is only 1 month old. There will be lots of photos of him awake later.

Totally agree.

Male pattern baldness comes from the mothers family much of the time.

I hope the balding gene doesn't show up for George kinda like how it was for Harry.

As far as George being wrapped up like a little burrito, it could be that swaddling him was the only way to keep him calm. I had one friend that swaddled her son quite a lot because he was most comforted that way. My niece, on the other hand, wanted no part of that! It was hilarious the way my sister would get her all wrapped up and ten seconds later she was stretching out and moving her arms and legs like she knew she wasn't in a tiny space anymore and she needed the room!

I love that the photos aren't professional and are taken by Kate's dad. Much sweeter that way and more comfortable for the new family. Especially Lupo! He's just hangin' out and having a good time.

Actually according to the report these photos were taken in very early August so he was prob only 2-3 weeks

Am I the only one who finds babies boring until they hit six months or so and start smiling? I'm glad we got new pictures, but all newborns look the same to me.

Okay, thanks ghost_night554! I can't get over how radiant Kate looks. And I love Lupo's smile! :p

^No prob and yes Kate looks wonderful in the photos. She def has a glow about her.

Sometimes I wish she would do something different with her hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom