Prince George: First Official Photos - August 22, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One-month old babies can open their eyes, they just don't do it very often. They sleep a lot at this age--although it really didn't seem that way to me with my two. Hopefully he is sleeping through the night or will very soon.

Not according to William! :lol:

I really like the pictures, and the natural feel of them (my only "complaint' is that the lighting/color seems as if it could be a bit better). I never really liked the official pictures of William as a baby, as I always felt they looked a bit uncomfortable - William looked more startled than cozy. So, while crisper photos might have been better in some ways, I love the comfortable family feel of them.

Well that explains why we got good photos from William's first official portrait. I dunno I was just expecting more? idk why.

Lemme re-phrase that I don't hate them at all I quite like them I just feel that closeup shot is what's missing.

I like the pictures. They're not perfect, but I like that about them. Formal portraits are nice, but they don't seem "real", with the photographer telling the subjects how to stand, where to stand, how to touch/look at each other (or not). I'm sure I'll love the official one when it's released, but these are so much more relaxed.

I just hope they don't try to go too informal in dealing with the public and press in an effort to be modern and cool ....pretending/wishing they could be just a regular ole' family would be disingenuous at best. There has to be a happy medium like some of the other royal families have achieved. But I believe William knows this.

If these had not been released and in a few years time you were offered the chance to see a couple of pix out of the family album, everyone would be excited.

I think this is great and an indication how more relaxed William is feeling.

The focus should be on prince george bu you can barely see him!:-(

I agree.
this is a lovely family pic but not for the first official pics of prince George.
One pic of him alone would have been nice. :flowers:

Wait until the Daily Mail shows them. The Daily Mail always seems to make photos look good. I personally like them :lol:

I don't understand that William and Kate go along with the frenzy by announcing that the pictures will be released and have an embargo on them.
I think Victoria and Daniel are handling it great, no hoopla and just releasing some pictures on the official website once in a while.

I agree that Kate looks great.
Lovely family

Last edited:
Confirmation there are no more photos to be released
Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 3m #royal #George the Telegraph says that two official photos were taken by #Kate's father Michael Middleton at the family home in Bucklbury

Fine then, I'll just wait for the HQ images and just crop and isolate George and use that as the close up since we're not getting any other ones till the christening.

William, Catherine nor the palace send out a press release that the photos would be send out. They made them available to the press and it would be embargo until midnight British time. That how the BRF works and also the same on this side of the Atlantic

I think the pictures are sweet. They're as close to family photos they will ever release.

They're nice pictures. I don't really care about whether they used a professional or a family member. Family pictures are family pictures and are to be treasured.

I don't understand that William and Kate go along with the frenzy by announcing that the pictures will be released and have an embargo on them.
I think Victoria and Daniel are handling it great, no hoopla and just releasing some pictures on the official website once in a while.

I agree that Kate looks great.
Lovely family

They issue the pictures to the papers and agencies and then say - you can release them at x time. This means there is supposed to be an equal playing field. Belga blew it - that's just the way it is. Stealing a march on the competition.

EDIT: The whole is not interested in Victoria anfd Daniel and a few pix on the website is sufficient.

If anything,The baby should have been more of a focus, more centered or something. You don't want to see the dog before the baby, LoL. YMMV

I see that a lot of people are criticizing the pictures(not talking about this forum) because they weren't taken by a professional(sky news showed a pg of dailymail saying michael you're no snowden (sp?))...guess what Prince Williams official pictures weren't good...and they were taken by a professional...they published pictures of him looking like he was little possessed baby.

Amaryllus I think lupo was trying to upstage him...lol.

These are nice casual family pictures, very sweet for a photo album, and I have no objection to them if other formal photos will be issued, but if these were intended for media release then George should have been facing forward toward the camera and centered as the focal point between William and Catherine. A closeup of him would have been nice. Being a little tyke and bundled up in the blanket, he's somewhat lost on the side.

And, BTW, I'm not objecting to his eyes being shut or not mugging charmingly for the camera.:whistling: Georgie is definitely down for the count.

Last edited:
Confirmation there are no more photos to be released
Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 3m #royal #George the Telegraph says that two official photos were taken by #Kate's father Michael Middleton at the family home in Bucklbury

Fine then, I'll just wait for the HQ images and just crop and isolate George and use that as the close up since we're not getting any other ones till the christening.

That's a pity, I was hoping for more photos. I hoped that these were "starter" photos and that we would get more later on. I was looking forward into a close up photo of little George/one with his eyes open. On a slightly different note, the photos are nice and Prince George is a very cute baby. I think Catherine is looking very well. :)

I like the pictures. Their 'amateur' appearance is what makes them so charming. They're family shots; taken by a proud grandfather, in the backyard of his home. They give a glimpse into how William and Catherine want to do things; their own way, and a little less formal. That's fine by me. It makes them happy and comfortable, which is the most important thing in this situation. Professional photographs take a long time to shoot. I've seen it done when my sister was a baby, and it was absolute torture. She was only a month or so old, and after a very short time, got tired of being moved all over the place, and situated in different poses. Of course, since the photographer's time was paid for, there was no way out, and some of the pictures came out rather badly, with my sister ready to scream her head off in protest. I'm glad that the Cambridges avoided this with their son. Good move on their part.

I thought the Middleton's dog was a hay bale when I first saw it. I loved that Lupo is in one. There will be formal family shot done after the christening. Most babies at George's age look like Churchill. Why not wait until he is bigger and has some of his personality to take the baby close up photos.

His eyes would have been closed even if the pictures were in focus...same as when they came out of the lindo wing...he's a baby and it would be pointless to hold him upright when his eyes would probably be closed...I think that's why they didn't want a professional they don't want to interrupt him and they probably feel George would be difficult with all the technicalities of a professional shoot...I think we might get that maybe six months down the line when he's bigger.

I like the pictures. Their 'amateur' appearance is what makes them so charming. They're family shots; taken by a proud grandfather, in the backyard of his home. They give a glimpse into how William and Catherine want to do things; their own way, and a little less formal. That's fine by me. It makes them happy and comfortable, which is the most important thing in this situation. Professional photographs take a long time to shoot. I've seen it done when my sister was a baby, and it was absolute torture. She was only a month or so old, and after a very short time, got tired of being moved all over the place, and situated in different poses. Of course, since the photographer's time was paid for, there was no way out, and some of the pictures came out rather badly, with my sister ready to scream her head off in protest. I'm glad that the Cambridges avoided this with their son. Good move on their part.

Honestly, to me, William and Kate are no different than any other generation of TRF. Every generation does things differently- as a couple, family, and as a royal....just like any other family.

Anyway, the pics are nice. They seem formal to me. They're nicely dressed, obviously posed pics. The only thing "different" about them to me is that her father took the photos....which I wouldn't know unless I was told. On appearance alone they don't seem particularly unique to me- ie they're no more or less than any other royal pictures, but they are nice. Come to think of it, I've seen many royal photos that are considerably less formal than this.lol

The focus should be on prince george bu you can barely see him!:-(

Well, he is quite small, yet. I was glad to see them AS THEY ARE TOGETHER (yes, a louder voice, there). He won't look like a person until another month or so. I can wait.

Well, he is quite small, yet. I was glad to see them AS THEY ARE TOGETHER (yes, a louder voice, there). He won't look like a person until another month or so. I can wait.

Didn't we all expect to see a photo with George and his parents?

Didn't we all expect to see a photo with George and his parents?

Apparently some were expecting the baby to have his eyes open, doff a top hat and do "Putting On the Ritz" for the camera, followed by a recitation of the Magna Carta.

Some people were just incensed that William *shock* DARED to leave his wife for *gasp* two whole days and possibly, prepare yourself, had a beer.

Last edited:
Good grief. People were waiting for pics of George and now they have them so they complain that they were not taken by a pro, that there are not enough pics, the pics are too posed, and his eyes are not open. Makes you wonder why they even try sometimes.

Good grief. People were waiting for pics of George and now they have them so they complain that they were not taken by a pro, that there are not enough pics, the pics are too posed, and his eyes are not open. Makes you wonder why they even try sometimes.

Pretty amazing, isn't it???

Imagine the horror of some people if Auntie Pippa took the photos instead of Mike. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom