The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-20-2013, 12:34 AM
Majesty

I don't understand the complaints about closeups of the baby. I can see his face perfectly well, even though his eyes are closed.

He is simply beautiful, and he is only 1 month old. There will be lots of photos of him awake later.

I think it was very generous of the Cambridges to release these photos.

Old 08-20-2013, 12:34 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Ok now that is too cute.
I guess people are disappointed that these photos look similar to the ones of him leaving the hospital. Only head visible and wrapped in a blanket. But he is still quite young and that they took the pix outside they may not want to expose him too much to the weather. These photos seem both formal and informal, especially the ones of them sitting.
Can we stop taking about what people are disappointed about and discuss William cop'n a feel on his wife? HAHAHA
Lol. I didn't even notice William's hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I don't understand the complaints about closeups of the baby. I can see his face perfectly well, even though his eyes are closed.

He is simply beautiful, and he is only 1 month old. There will be lots of photos of him awake later.

Totally agree.

Old 08-20-2013, 12:35 AM
Serene Highness

Male pattern baldness comes from the mothers family much of the time.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:37 AM
Heir Apparent

I hope the balding gene doesn't show up for George kinda like how it was for Harry.
Aristocracy

As far as George being wrapped up like a little burrito, it could be that swaddling him was the only way to keep him calm. I had one friend that swaddled her son quite a lot because he was most comforted that way. My niece, on the other hand, wanted no part of that! It was hilarious the way my sister would get her all wrapped up and ten seconds later she was stretching out and moving her arms and legs like she knew she wasn't in a tiny space anymore and she needed the room!

I love that the photos aren't professional and are taken by Kate's dad. Much sweeter that way and more comfortable for the new family. Especially Lupo! He's just hangin' out and having a good time.
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post

Actually according to the report these photos were taken in very early August so he was prob only 2-3 weeks
Old 08-20-2013, 12:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

Am I the only one who finds babies boring until they hit six months or so and start smiling? I'm glad we got new pictures, but all newborns look the same to me.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:40 AM
Majesty

Okay, thanks ghost_night554! I can't get over how radiant Kate looks. And I love Lupo's smile!
Old 08-20-2013, 12:43 AM
Heir Apparent

^No prob and yes Kate looks wonderful in the photos. She def has a glow about her.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:45 AM
Serene Highness

Sometimes I wish she would do something different with her hair.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:54 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Am I the only one who finds babies boring until they hit six months or so and start smiling? I'm glad we got new pictures, but all newborns look the same to me.
All newborns look the same to me too. That's why I'm more interested in seeing what he looks like in a few months...when he has a bit more personality and his features are more defined.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:12 AM
Heir Apparent

I think Georgie's got William's shape mouth.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

William said he likes to wiggle, perhaps they wrapped him up so he would keep still.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 08-20-2013, 03:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
All newborns look the same to me too. That's why I'm more interested in seeing what he looks like in a few months...when he has a bit more personality and his features are more defined.
So glad I'm not the only one! I'm always amused when celebrities insist on keeping their newborns hidden from view, because one newborn baby looks just like another to me. No way could you base a kidnap plan on a photo of a newborn because it's impossible to tell one from another unless they are lined up together, and even then it would be hard. They don't start to look distinctive for at least six months.
Old 08-20-2013, 03:29 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
This is from the Times - hope you can see them. The pix have been "lightened" I think.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/multim...GE_443096b.jpg

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/multim...by_443097b.jpg
They have two dogs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post

So glad I'm not the only one! I'm always amused when celebrities insist on keeping their newborns hidden from view, because one newborn baby looks just like another to me. No way could you base a kidnap plan on a photo of a newborn because it's impossible to tell one from another unless they are lined up together, and even then it would be hard. They don't start to look distinctive for at least six months.
I agree that newborns look quite similar but I disagree that it takes 6 months for them to look distinctive. I'd say 2 months and they're looking pretty distinctive.
Old 08-20-2013, 03:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I agree that newborns look quite similar but I disagree that it takes 6 months for them to look distinctive. I'd say 2 months and they're looking pretty distinctive.
You could be right. They still all look much alike to me for some time. I'm not particularly interested in babies.
Old 08-20-2013, 03:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Thot this was interesting
Quote:
but the palace was keen to stress that, although the choice of Mr Middleton to take the photographs broke with tradition, the couple and their infant will also be posing for press photographers in the near future.
It came from the Express
Old 08-20-2013, 03:55 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
They have two dogs?
Its reported that the other dog belongs to the Middletons.
Old 08-20-2013, 03:56 AM
Heir Apparent

His name is Tilly I believe^
Old 08-20-2013, 04:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post

The humor I find in this is that in the excerpt from the interview today, William talked about he, Harry and Catherine like being independent and doing for themselves. Did no reporter on the pictures even give that a thought? This is them being independent and doing for themselves. If it's cute that William drove the family home from the hospital then it's cute that grandpa took some family photos and was kind enough to share them.

Get over it.
Excuse me!?! You don't care for what I said, fine, but you yourself just proved the point I was making about smug arrogance on an epidemic rise due to the cover of the Internet more than anything I could have said or done. Also to see the direction this thread has gone since just after George's birth is scary and sad. Instead of celebrating the birth of this lil guy, we've had to wade through various immature and downright stupid "arguments" made by those only intent seems to be to stir things up.

The simple fact Zonk has come in and started postings w/"I can't believe I have to say this on this thread/I can't believe what I'm reading on this thread..." Over the last month also proves my point. Then for those responsible for trying to stir things up to then turn around and spout off they didn't really mean anything by it... Do you really think the majority of us are *that* stupid? Not only are we not, but also sick and tired of it.

Oh and one last suggestion? Grow up!!