Prince George: First Official Photos - August 22, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who finds babies boring until they hit six months or so and start smiling? I'm glad we got new pictures, but all newborns look the same to me.

All newborns look the same to me too. That's why I'm more interested in seeing what he looks like in a few months...when he has a bit more personality and his features are more defined.

I think Georgie's got William's shape mouth.

Last edited:
William said he likes to wiggle, perhaps they wrapped him up so he would keep still.

All newborns look the same to me too. That's why I'm more interested in seeing what he looks like in a few months...when he has a bit more personality and his features are more defined.

So glad I'm not the only one!:) I'm always amused when celebrities insist on keeping their newborns hidden from view, because one newborn baby looks just like another to me. No way could you base a kidnap plan on a photo of a newborn because it's impossible to tell one from another unless they are lined up together, and even then it would be hard. They don't start to look distinctive for at least six months.

They have two dogs?

So glad I'm not the only one!:) I'm always amused when celebrities insist on keeping their newborns hidden from view, because one newborn baby looks just like another to me. No way could you base a kidnap plan on a photo of a newborn because it's impossible to tell one from another unless they are lined up together, and even then it would be hard. They don't start to look distinctive for at least six months.

I agree that newborns look quite similar but I disagree that it takes 6 months for them to look distinctive. I'd say 2 months and they're looking pretty distinctive.

I agree that newborns look quite similar but I disagree that it takes 6 months for them to look distinctive. I'd say 2 months and they're looking pretty distinctive.

You could be right. They still all look much alike to me for some time. I'm not particularly interested in babies.

Thot this was interesting
but the palace was keen to stress that, although the choice of Mr Middleton to take the photographs broke with tradition, the couple and their infant will also be posing for press photographers in the near future.
It came from the Express

Last edited:
The humor I find in this is that in the excerpt from the interview today, William talked about he, Harry and Catherine like being independent and doing for themselves. Did no reporter on the pictures even give that a thought? This is them being independent and doing for themselves. If it's cute that William drove the family home from the hospital then it's cute that grandpa took some family photos and was kind enough to share them.

Get over it.

Excuse me!?! You don't care for what I said, fine, but you yourself just proved the point I was making about smug arrogance on an epidemic rise due to the cover of the Internet more than anything I could have said or done. Also to see the direction this thread has gone since just after George's birth is scary and sad. Instead of celebrating the birth of this lil guy, we've had to wade through various immature and downright stupid "arguments" made by those only intent seems to be to stir things up.

The simple fact Zonk has come in and started postings w/"I can't believe I have to say this on this thread/I can't believe what I'm reading on this thread..." Over the last month also proves my point. Then for those responsible for trying to stir things up to then turn around and spout off they didn't really mean anything by it... Do you really think the majority of us are *that* stupid? Not only are we not, but also sick and tired of it.

Oh and one last suggestion? Grow up!!

Excuse me!?! You don't care for what I said, fine, but you yourself just proved the point I was making about smug arrogance on an epidemic rise due to the cover of the Internet more than anything I could have said or done. Also to see the direction this thread has gone since just after George's birth is scary and sad. Instead of celebrating the birth of this lil guy, we've had to wade through various immature and downright stupid "arguments" made by those only intent seems to be to stir things up.

The simple fact Zonk has come in and started postings w/"I can't believe I have to say this on this thread/I can't believe what I'm reading on this thread..." Over the last month also proves my point. Then for those responsible for trying to stir things up to then turn around and spout off they didn't really mean anything by it... Do you really think the majority of us are *that* stupid? Not only are we not, but also sick and tired of it.

Oh and one last suggestion? Grow up!!

I think you might want to re-read Admirer-US post again, she seems to be agreeing with you that the thread has taken an un-wanted turn. I believe she's telling other people who wanted the more formal, posed pictures to Get Over it.

Particularly with this line

"If it's cute that William drove the family home from the hospital then it's cute that grandpa took some family photos and was kind enough to share them."

If they the press can consider one act of independence cute, but find another silly and ridiculous it makes no logical sense.

They only became parents, that's all!!! No need to change all hobbies/commitments/leisure time activities at all!!! The Middleton House is full of people, William is probably happy to get out of there from time to time or to return to Wales after two weeks. And Kate will be occupied otherwise.

I dont mind Kate spending time with her family but what I find really strange is that Kate will move in with her parents instead of establishing her own family unit and her family comes visiting/helping with the baby. Seems very immature to me.

not really strange actually

when you have your first baby a lot of women want their Mum around for help. It comes down to trust as well its funny but your Mum is one of a few people you will trust to handle your newborn or do the right thing where you can totally relax.
So for Kate to want to be with her Mum while she comes to grip with the ropes and builds confidence its pretty predictable behavior.
:)

To me all the professional royal photos with babies are blah...which is probably what the formal photos of the christening will be like...they are going to very formal and boring...yes it will nice to see everyone together but it will be very predictable. That is why I think these candid pics are nice...we are lucky we even got pictures from them...and people then complain about them...informal or formal...people were going to complain.

As I said to my Parents aft seeing them for the first time, "Let the bitching commence!!" There were complaints over no pictures, now there's complaints about them. We could have been kept waiting until the Christening, you know. I love them, they're lovely and charming and I'm grateful they released anything at all.

a few thoughts running through Catherine's head -

Am I doing the right thing for the baby?
Will he ever sleep?
God, Im tired
I look really tired
Is William ok?
How is the work going at KP?
Will I ever have a home of my own to relax in?
Have I booked the removal men from Wales to London?
At least William is getting sleep at the base
God I'm tired
Gala event - dress needed - will any fit?
Great, George is asleep
Hell, must feed the dog
Must walk the dog
When is the next check up?
I wish we'd never released those pix from the album. Stop criticising my dad

Close-ups or not, baby Cambridge does look like a George!

I only wanted to say that I really adore the pictures that Catherine´s father has made, lovely images and a refreshing change from the arranged official pictures that are usually released by a royal family.

The photographs are normal family pictures and I am glad that they share these informal pictures with a greater audience:) We should be happy that they allowed us to see such images taken in a private atmosphere, but if people constantly find reasons to criticise and post mean comments about Catherine and her family I believe they will not do it again...

Last edited:
hi to all people, I have a ittle break for health problems. well, finally baby's cambridge it's a boy! i love the name!
The official photos are ok to me, too much informal but they look beautiful. may be the ''real'' official photo will the taken in balmoral with the queen, charles, william and george.

Firstly sorry to hear you have some health issues I wish you lots of good health to come your way :)

I think that there will be an official photoshoot with the royal family I think everyone can see that for historic purposes that it is important that it occurs. Maybe they will wait till the christening?? Im sure the personal photos will occur with the Queen and Prince Philip and the Middletons but I guess we will have to wait for public photos.

:flowers:

Yes,there will be definitely be some professional photographs taken, I have read it in a newspaper, so there are more baby-pictures to look forward to:)
I am sure they will be different from the informal family pictures, they will probably also include other members of the Royal family. For the time being I believe that it is less stressful for the baby and the young parents to do without professional photographers. Being photographed with all the equipment and arrangements of a professional photographer is more demanding than just looking good & smiling for a normal picture!

I keep seeing some of the royal experts saying for historical purposes they wish the photos were professional. This isn't the first time we have seen them. It isn't the christening of the baby. Is not the queen holding George with Charles and William behind her.

How often have the Snowdon photos of William been used prior to now as a comparison. Not many especially with the use of video. What do we remember with baby Wills- them leaving St Mary's, him bawling at the Christening , crawling on the rug in New Zealand.

I can't even remember what Harry's photos were like other than Diana was in the longer poofy hair phase.

These are family snapshots that anyone would taken which to me is refreshing. It throws a bone to press so maybe Kate and George can go outside . They will do studios shots and there will be family pictures at the christening. We aren't missing anything.

I just noticed Wills hand on Kate's but. Cheeky boy. In front of her father no less.

Prince George: First Official Photos Released 22 August 2013

I keep seeing some of the royal experts saying for historical purposes they wish the photos were professional. This isn't the first time we have seen them. It isn't the christening of the baby. Is not the queen holding George with Charles and William behind her.

How often have the Snowdon photos of William been used prior to now as a comparison. Not many especially with the use of video. What do we remember with baby Wills- them leaving St Mary's, him bawling at the Christening , crawling on the rug in New Zealand.

I can't even remember what Harry's photos were like other than Diana was in the longer poofy hair phase.

These are family snapshots that anyone would taken which to me is refreshing. It throws a bone to press so maybe Kate and George can go outside . They will do studios shots and there will be family pictures at the christening. We aren't missing anything.

I just noticed Wills hand on Kate's but. Cheeky boy. In front of her father no less.

lol...I agree with everything you say. But, I am sure when we get those people will complain as well.

For some reporters and photogs talking about snapping them when they are out...do you think he is going to look any different...he is still so young...Its like what were you expecting...he was probably like 2 and a half weeks and babies sleep and eat..not do photo shoots. I am sure somewhere down the line they might get a photographer like Mario testino to take professional portraits....but I don't even think someone like him would want to deal with a 2 week old baby boy.

i like that its a grandfather who took the photos maybe not the very best quality but its like very down to earth photo

however i would love to see something like it was done in sweden with princess estelle

photo with child and mother

one more

the little family

with her father

and Estelle 4 days old

i dont know how old she was when these photos were taken

it will be great to see Kate, William and George maybe like victoria, daniel and estelle. how about at harrys wedding in a few years time

princess Josephine and prince vincent of denmark first official photos
second photo

they are so cute

Last edited:
Hi! I would like to express my complete opinion about the photos... They didn' t strike me.
They are fine for a family album but too much informal for a first family portrait...Maybe a professional would have adjust the light and made the posing trio much natural.
I like the fact Mr. Midldeton took them and that they are in a relaxed and private context, whic made everything more intimate. Maybe too intimate... They are not for a public appeareance. May were my expectactions too high?
I think that the focus should have been on the newborn... I know that the centre is the family but the real protagonist is George!I'ts lovely to see the whole family but they were supposed to show off the little one...I wish I could see his face!:)
anyway george looks like all babies. Sleepy and maybe he's too young and we can't expect him to be seen with opened eyes.. About Kate: i think she looks great! About the colour of the dress: I was surprised because she usually don't wear those colours but she looks stunning! The outfit really suits her!William: I'm happy to hear good news from iìhim and in the pics he looks lovely and relaxed!I like him holding kate's wrist! It was a bit we were able to capture their affectionate gestures:)Hope all is going well in their wedding and I'm happy that they seem happy... I hope william put his words about "catherine as a priority" as well into practice because i have to say that lately Iwas a bit worried for their relationship. I wasn't too harsh or critical? Was I?
(sorry if there are mistaken. Hope what i wrote is clear! and congrats to them again!:) )
p. s. Some facts: the pics were selected from a few of family album.
The dog near kate is her golden retriever Tilly.
More pics to come around the baptism time or in the near future.
These two pics were taken in early august.

Tilly the retriever is the Middleton's dog not Kate's. Lupo is the Cambridges dog. He is gets to go home with William, Kate and George.

I don't care who took the pictures, because it doesn't matter. The pictures are nice and lovely. My only complain is that we didn't get a full shot close-up of George, I'm sure we will get that in no time, but I can't help feeling a bit disappointed, I'm not comparing, but other royal houses released a close-up picture of their eldest newborn, maybe that's why I was expecting something like that, but I forgot they are William and Catherine:p

Is it about me? sorry i don'tunderstand... I don't think i've sais something wrong

sorry there was a post before mine that was cancelled... i was referring to it

I hope the balding gene doesn't show up for George kinda like how it was for Harry.

What? Harry has quite a sizable bald spot; it's less noticeable than William's because he still has more hair in front, but he's getting there.

Still, so what? There's worse things than baldness!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom