Prince George: First Official Photos - August 22, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK - what unique comment has been made on these 2 pictures in the last 24 hours? 48 hours? How long can 2 pictures be debated apart from: Professional vs amateur; I am disappointed; I like them; they have let me/the country/themselves/the monarchy down;breath of fresh air/new approach/independent.

Mariel #875 -- extremely intelligent comment. William seems to find a lot of love and happiness with Catherine's family. Until he becomes king, if ever, that is all that matters. He is doing what he feels is correct for his new small family and no jealous comments from any will change that if he is a strong person.

Personally, I am VERY curious as to the kind of comments that will forthcoming when the TRUE, OFFICIAL, PROFESSIONAL photographs of Prince George will be released. My bet is there will be no where near the criticisms leveled on the photographs taken by MM even given that he is an amateur. We shall see .... :)

I think there will be official photos released sometime soon. William himself said he just wanted to enjoy his "alone time" with his family for awhile longer and didn't want to bring in
a stranger to interrupt it. He knew people wanted baby pics so he had Kate's dad take them. Sounds logical to me.

I think there will be official photos released sometime soon. William himself said he just wanted to enjoy his "alone time" with his family for awhile longer and didn't want to bring in
a stranger to interrupt it. He knew people wanted baby pics so he had Kate's dad take them. Sounds logical to me.

Silly - bringing logic into the debate. whatever next!!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :flowers:

Personally, I am VERY curious as to the kind of comments that will forthcoming when the TRUE, OFFICIAL, PROFESSIONAL photographs of Prince George will be released. My bet is there will be no where near the criticisms leveled on the photographs taken by MM even given that he is an amateur. We shall see .... :)

Being an amateur does not preclude someone from taking good pictures. Plenty of people I know are amateurs and still take photos that I consider to be of better technical quality than these were. I'm not judging Mr. Middleton because he's not a professional. I'm judging him solely on the quality of the pictures he released, and using pictures taken by other amateurs as a baseline of what I think he should be capable of.

When professional pictures are released, I'll judge them against the level I think professional pictures should be at.

Obviously, there are many people who consider the released pictures to be of good enough quality for them. I think that's great. They're entitled to their opinion just as I'm entitled to mine.

When I think someone is being rude (or mean), I simply put them on ignore. This thread amply illustrates why these boards are not a "social" experience for some of us.

Anyway, I find having the ignore list really helps me enjoy threads more. I'm actually at the point where random strangers repeatedly saying they don't like something isn't all that important to me. Why would I care whether someone else liked the pictures?

It's amusing sometimes to see people state their opinions as fact ("the pictures are bad" keeps getting posted over and over as a rebuttal to those who think the pictures are fine).

The "if you don't have something nice to say" people appeal to me more than the "I will restate that I think the pictures are awful even though dozens have already said the same thing" point of view.

I hope that the Royal Family has more of the former in their lives than the latter, because it would get really tedious to have to listen to what (to me) just sounds like whining.

Being an amateur does not preclude someone from taking good pictures. Plenty of people I know are amateurs and still take photos that I consider to be of better technical quality than these were. I'm not judging Mr. Middleton because he's not a professional. I'm judging him solely on the quality of the pictures he released, and using pictures taken by other amateurs as a baseline of what I think he should be capable of.

When professional pictures are released, I'll judge them against the level I think professional pictures should be at.

Obviously, there are many people who consider the released pictures to be of good enough quality for them. I think that's great. They're entitled to their opinion just as I'm entitled to mine.

Some amateurs are very talented. Some amateurs think they're very talented. Most amateurs are not talented, and Mr. Middleton should not be judged as part of a group in the first place.

Why even care about the "quality" of the photos? That's like caring about typos, poor grammar, poorly expressed thoughts and awful word choice here on the Royal Forums.

I wonder what sort of complaints will come with those photo's. As far as I'm concerned people should be happy with whatever they are given. Will and Kate never had to do this. This was a gift and a thank you (at least that is how I see these photo's). They were never meant to be perfect.

Let's not go down that road yet. Sadly, it wouldn't shock me that those are already written, saved and ready to go by certain members around here.

As for what you said about William and Kate and what these photos actually mean...Could not have said it better myself!! Spot on and well said!!

Why even care about the "quality" of the photos? That's like caring about typos, poor grammar, poorly expressed thoughts and awful word choice here on the Royal Forums.

Why even care about anything?

To answer your question, though, it's because photography is my hobby and something I've worked hard at. I'm not going praise a picture simply based on who took it or what the subject is (as many people seem to think others should do), just as I'm not going to criticize one simply based on who took it.

At the end of the day, does this really affect me? No. I was happy to see a picture of the family, and at the same time I was a little disappointed, and mostly surprised, that it wasn't a better picture. But my life certainly doesn't revolve around this event. It's not a huge deal to me - it was simply something that touched on one of my interests and I felt like commenting on in passing. I'm starting to regret posting, though. If I hadn't, I'd have completely moved on by now.

I think William looked at the first pictures taken of him and was so spalled he decided to make sure his baby was asleep and in profile.
Now the ones taken of little Prince Charles were great.

All posts referencing other royal boards have been deleted.

We don't need to go there.

These aren't new but they are kind of a cute slide show of the baby from the hospital. I'm waiting for the full CNN interview - that looks pretty good. Though I don't get CNN so I'm hoping it goes up full online.

PHOTOS: Prince George's First Baby Pictures | PeopleenEspanol.com

You should be able to watch it live on CNN.com. Best to test run it before the interview airs just to make sure you're all set for it. I just tested it and it ran the current program perfectly for me and that's without having a CNN account (I do and its free) logged in. It also has closed captioning which I totally love.

I'm really looking forward to this interview too. :)

You should be able to watch it live on CNN.com. Best to test run it before the interview airs just to make sure you're all set for it. I just tested it and it ran the current program perfectly for me and that's without having a CNN account (I do and its free) logged in. It also has closed captioning which I totally love.

I'm really looking forward to this interview too. :)

:flowers: Thanks! I was hoping I'd be able to catch the whole thing live somewhere. I get headline news but not CNN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom