The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-22-2013, 12:40 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
Oh, yes. Definitely sarcasm.

Unless you happen to have a good camera that you want to randomly give to me. I wouldn't be opposed to that.
LOL I like your sense of humor!!!

Old 08-22-2013, 12:43 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by miche View Post
Mary's photos didn't look like professionals to me, they look like family photos.
All these criticism of Michael Middleton's photos remind me of the criticism at another forums of Mary's every time she take photos of her children on their birthdays :/
Everyone is a critic I suppose. People have a right not to like these pics, but when it veers into the ridiculous it's just too much. My grandpa was an immigrant Italian, and he took many, many photos, some worse than these and I treasure them forever. It's a family photo, and saying people who cannot take pics or need "basic photography" lessons should not have a camera is frankly extremely offensive. Good Lord, lighten up people. (Not you by the way :))

Old 08-22-2013, 12:59 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I can't understand why some people said that you can't see William & Catherine and George clearly in the pictures. I see them clear as day, although I think up close pictures of George will be provided at the Christening.
Same for me. These were just fun, casual photos the Cambridges released out of courtesy and generosity but geez...I bet they wish they hadn't!
Old 08-22-2013, 12:59 PM
Administrator in Memoriam

As the photos were publicly released we can reproduce them here.
Here's one...

Old 08-22-2013, 01:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

That's a beautiful picture of the Cambridge's. I just love that photo, can't say it enough.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-22-2013, 01:21 PM
Administrator in Memoriam

And another...

Prince George of Cambridge

Old 08-22-2013, 02:17 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
And another...

Prince George of Cambridge

Thank you - what a cutie pie!!!!!!! So happy William has his own family
Old 08-22-2013, 04:16 PM
Courtier

I think they are so lovely and endearing and the baby is clearly seen so I cannot understand the brouhaha. It's a nice, warm and loving family photo. And they look exhausted, the poor dears, I remember those days!!!!
Old 08-22-2013, 04:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
If they want to release family snaps then they need to release good ones or expect to be panned. It isn't hard to take good photos - it isn't that they are posed family photos that is at issue but the fact that they decided to release such bad photos - badly positioned, badly lit, badly balanced etc. As they are supposed to be photos of George it would have been nice if he had been the centre of the pictures rather than have him on the side as an extra to the central image of the photos. William should have been on the other side of Kate so that George was in the centre for instance but as it is Kate is the centre of the photo not George and we already have 1000s of pictures of her.
I agree and had mentioned this as well in a prior post that George should have been in the center between William and Kate as the focus of the pictures if these were going to be released to the media. This is a very similar pose to the departure from the hospital where George was bundled up as well, really not different in composition. We're seeing the baby in the exact side position, again bundled although his head isn't as much covered, and most people want to see a closeup which I thought was the objective of these releases. Actually, a solo shot of the baby would have made a nice trio to these pictures. The cropped closeup is nice, but that's to satisfy those who want to see him more than his parents. And I have no objection at all to seeing him sleep; I'll expect to see his antics later on for the camera as he gets more alert.
Old 08-22-2013, 04:51 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
I agree and had mentioned this as well in a prior post that George should have been in the center between William and Kate as the focus of the pictures if these were going to be released to the media. This is a very similar pose to the departure from the hospital where George was bundled up as well, really not different in composition. We're seeing the baby in the exact side position, again bundled although his head isn't as much covered, and people want to see a closeup which I thought was the objective of these releases. Actually, a solo shot of the baby would have made a nice trio to these pictures. The cropped closeup is nice, but that's to satisfy those who want to see him more than his parents. And I have no objection at all to seeing him sleep; I'll expect to see his antics later on for the camera as he gets more alert.
My mom had a saying - no matter how many people are in a picture with a baby, you will always and automatically see the baby first. They are kind of hard to miss
Old 08-22-2013, 04:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Thanks for my second laugh of the day. When Testino does it, it's ART!

It's overwhelmingly funny (odd funny) to me that so many people are finding so many reasons to be deeply offended by the release of the family photos. Above all, I am sure they did not mean to offend anyone by releasing them.
I'm sure they didn't mean to offend...feels like they just decided to throw us any old bone. I'm not bothered either way, but the photos are family photos, not official photos. I'll bide my time and this disappointment will pass. Not a big deal, really.
Old 08-22-2013, 05:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andolini View Post
My mom had a saying - no matter how many people are in a picture with a baby, you will always and automatically see the baby first. They are kind of hard to miss
Naturally that's so, but it would have been nice to see a closeup. These are charming shots for a family album, not for official photos. But it's no tempest in a teapot for me.
Old 08-22-2013, 05:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Naturally that's so; I just didn't expect to have to look closely to see this baby's features.
What features? He has 2 eyes, 1 nose, 2 hands and you cannot force a baby to perform or open his eyes at command. The kid is a month old - I'm pretty sure there will be countless photos of him "showing his features". He is a NEWBORN
Old 08-22-2013, 05:19 PM
Heir Apparent

I didn't realize he was a newborn! Thank you for pointing that out.
Old 08-22-2013, 05:20 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andolini View Post
What features? He has 2 eyes, 1 nose, 2 hands and you cannot force a baby to perform or open his eyes at command. The kid is a month old - I'm pretty sure there will be countless photos of him "showing his features". He is a NEWBORN
This thread turns funny at certain points.

I can actually distinguish the baby's features. I believe I recognize his daddy's nose and mouth and what looks to be a red birthmark on his lower right cheek.
And the parents look a little tired. And the pics aren't that bad as some say.
Old 08-22-2013, 05:20 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I didn't realize he was a newborn! Thank you for pointing that out.
what I meant was newborns cannot be expected to do anything on schedule or at the will of a photographer.
Old 08-22-2013, 05:23 PM
Heir Apparent

I never said that a baby would perform at will and didn't expect it. As I said, I don't even mind that he's asleep and expect antics as he gets more alert; I was just curious to see more of his face, that's all, hence a better-positioned closeup would have been nice for official pix since the world is going ga-ga over this baby. Again, these are charming family photos for the personal album.

And I'm now retiring from the tempest in a teapot du jour since this is taking a strange turn indeed.

Great shot of Lupo, BTW; he looks adorable.
Old 08-22-2013, 05:32 PM
Courtier

Thank goodness no one saw my family pictures. Most of the people on here would have had a stroke.
Old 08-22-2013, 05:46 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma828 View Post
Thank goodness no one saw my family pictures. Most of the people on here would have had a stroke.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:21 PM
Serene Highness

Other than the picture of the family leaving the hospital, does anyone know/recall at what age the first pictures of William were released? Were there pictures of him at the same age as George is here? (Or of Harry)?