The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-10-2016, 01:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Well until now she has been a 'little lady' whatever that means in an infant. George has been described as lively and noisy by his parents, but Charlotte seemed to have table manners and know to curtsey by six months.

Old 06-10-2016, 01:58 PM
Serene Highness

Not every tot is a Royal prodigy like Estelle

Old 06-10-2016, 02:00 PM
Heir Apparent

I love how Catherine said she hopes it's Prince George who keeps Princess Charlotte in check
Old 06-10-2016, 02:13 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I have to believe that its more of a case of "monkey see, monkey do" kind of thing. George, being naturally lively and rambunctious is the prime suspect of being the role model for Charlotte. One will get the bright idea and the other follows. I have a feeling that Will and Kate are really going to have their hands full with these two and that will be stuff that memories are made of.

Now, all that's needed is #3. Then the ongoing two against one starts. Never always the same two against the same one as it can vary over time. I know this from having three children relatively close in age.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 06-10-2016, 02:14 PM
Serene Highness

Big brothers are supposedly meant to guide and protect their sisters, make sure the bullys and later the young men treat her well.
Old 06-10-2016, 02:37 PM
Heir Apparent

It's hardly surprising that either George or Charlotte are feisty in nature consider who their parents are.

LaRae
Old 06-10-2016, 02:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
Big brothers are supposedly meant to guide and protect their sisters, make sure the bullys and later the young men treat her well.

Nah, they're supposed to fight like hellions and both grow up to be able to take care of themselves.

With any luck, Charlotte ends up as independent and smart as her Great Aunt Anne.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 06-11-2016, 12:22 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
It's hardly surprising that either George or Charlotte are feisty in nature consider who their parents are.

LaRae
That was my thought too.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 06-11-2016, 12:45 PM
Serene Highness

I would never describe Kate as "Feisty" but YMMV.

But if Charlotte grows up to be Half the woman her female relations on her fathers side are I will be overjoyed.
Old 06-11-2016, 12:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

LaRae

I believe William was feisty as a young child - I think it was more his teen years that subdued him (at least publicly). I wouldn't be surprised if he is far more feisty than we see, but he's just better at showing a calmer side in public.

If you think about it - his mother was capable of being fairly feisty in private, while calm in public. His father has a feisty side as well, and the DoE is definitely a feisty man.
Old 06-11-2016, 01:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I would never describe Kate as "Feisty" but YMMV.

But if Charlotte grows up to be Half the woman her female relations on her fathers side are I will be overjoyed.

Kate has some steel in her. You don't have steel without some feistiness. Kate is not a submissive/meek type of woman regardless of how she may appear while on duty.

LaRae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
I believe William was feisty as a young child - I think it was more his teen years that subdued him (at least publicly). I wouldn't be surprised if he is far more feisty than we see, but he's just better at showing a calmer side in public.

If you think about it - his mother was capable of being fairly feisty in private, while calm in public. His father has a feisty side as well, and the DoE is definitely a feisty man.

Yes I think his mother's death perhaps was an influence there..and well his growing understanding of expectations on him. I think William has always been good about keeping the feisty private as he has matured.

Oh yes I agree... I don't think Charles is a shrinking violet by any means (consider his parents!) either!

Ergo...we should not be surprised by Charlotte being called feisty.

LaRae
Old 06-11-2016, 01:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Aren't all 13 month olds feisty? And aren't all subsequent children not as Reined in as the first?
Old 06-11-2016, 01:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Kate has some steel in her. You don't have steel without some feistiness. Kate is not a submissive/meek type of woman regardless of how she may appear while on duty.

LaRae
I agree, Catherine is a strong woman. Charlottes character is developing.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 06-11-2016, 08:59 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't know that Kate exhibits 'strength' when she's seen out on public engagements. She holds her purse so tightly in front of her that at times you can see the whiteness of her knuckles and she sometimes clutches it there throughout. In body language terms that's a defensive gesture and one showing nerves.

When making speeches Kate's voice tends to quaver and she looks nervous and almost robotic at times. There's nothing wrong with either of those things. Lots of people don't like making speeches or appearing in public in front of loads of cameras, but these aren't signs of steely strength either. Kate would certainly have a mind of her own in private, I would suspect, though even there I don't think she's fiery, which I equate with 'feistiness'. I certainly agree William would be capable of losing his temper.

However, as a mother and grandmother, IMO I certainly don't think you can take anything away from that throwaway remark about Charlotte. All toddlers and small children are capable of strong will and temper tantrums and George and his sister probably exhibit both.
Old 06-11-2016, 10:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
I don't know that Kate exhibits 'strength' when she's seen out on public engagements. She holds her purse so tightly in front of her that at times you can see the whiteness of her knuckles and she sometimes clutches it there throughout. In body language terms that's a defensive gesture and one showing nerves.

When making speeches Kate's voice tends to quaver and she looks nervous and almost robotic at times. There's nothing wrong with either of those things. Lots of people don't like making speeches or appearing in public in front of loads of cameras, but these aren't signs of steely strength either. Kate would certainly have a mind of her own in private, I would suspect, though even there I don't think she's fiery, which I equate with 'feistiness'. I certainly agree William would be capable of losing his temper.

However, as a mother and grandmother, IMO I certainly don't think you can take anything away from that throwaway remark about Charlotte. All toddlers and small children are capable of strong will and temper tantrums and George and his sister probably exhibit both.

Charlotte's character is developing, but I hope she will take after her mother. Catherine may be a little nervous at times, but after all these years being in the spotlight and taking abuse from the media, Catherine has showed nothing but great strength and elegance throughout it all. She will learn a lot from her parents.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 06-11-2016, 11:00 PM
Serene Highness

She has acted the appropriate way for senior Royal to act. She has decorum, a very calm demeanor and class. how she has shown strength has still not be explained to me.

Chatlotte has many fine examples of different kinds of remakes to look up to and no doubt she will. If she ends up being Feisty or placid as long as she is comfortable in her own skin.
Old 06-11-2016, 11:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
She has acted the appropriate way for senior Royal to act. She has decorum, a very calm demeanor and class. how she has shown strength has still not be explained to me.

Chatlotte has many fine examples of different kinds of remakes to look up to and no doubt she will. If she ends up being Feisty or placid as long as she is comfortable in her own skin.
It takes a nice amount of strength to be a high profile senior royal.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 06-11-2016, 11:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

Honestly, I think the fact that she's been in the spotlight of the world media since she was in college and still hasn't put a foot wrong takes a lot of strength.

She's never once been rude to a photographer- and I think it took incredible strength of character for her to show up and smile the morning after she'd just been humiliated by having topless photos of her published when she was on tour.

I don't know if I could have done that. I know I couldn't have done it as well and gracefully as she did.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 06-11-2016, 11:13 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
IMO, I think William and Kate find their strength in each other. They're a team and each other's "strength and stay" as Granny eloquently put it.

With this in mind, any child growing up with these parents will have excellent role modes to follow.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 06-11-2016, 11:15 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

This thread is not about Catherine. Let's get back to discussing Princess Charlotte and Prince George.

Tags
prince george of cambridge, princess charlotte of cambridge