The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-06-2017, 09:25 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

The new photo from George's christening has been moved to the Christening of Prince George: October 23, 2013 thread.

Old 11-14-2017, 11:51 PM
Heir Apparent

I know some people are going to roll their eyes but I think it’s cute.

Princess Charlotte's Favorite Color Is Pink

Old 11-14-2017, 11:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think it’s cute too
Two of my granddaughters love pink too everything would be pink if it was possible
Old 11-15-2017, 12:08 AM
Majesty

I only roll my eyes at the thought this is news worthy. Along the lines of George likes cars.

Poll most moms of 2 year old girls, pink or purple is likely going to be the answer. Whether that changes when she is older and has more of an opinion, we will see. Laugh at the writer saying her in pink is a sign. No its a sign her mother likes her in pink

I always joke I am a tomboy as my dad seemed to want me to be a boy. My room and often things were always blue. Seems my dad didn't think he should have two pink bedrooms in his house.
Old 11-15-2017, 03:08 PM
Aristocracy

I loved blue as a child an my mother was against gender stereotyping in clothes and toys . So obviously all I wanted was a Barbie and a skirt . Maybe my mother's skirtphobia is the reason why I wear mostly skirts today as an adult .
Old 11-16-2017, 08:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

Prince George Inspired Episode of Fireman Sam-
https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal...ed-episode/amp

A.W. TOZER
Old Yesterday, 05:02 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Oh this is just too cute. Its not the fact that George is going to be the model for a "royal" episode of Fireman Sam but its learning that two of George's passions right now are Fireman Sam himself and helicopters. I get a sense of someone wanting to follow in his daddy's footsteps.

If George can keep this passion alive and grow up with wanting to serve to aid and assist his fellow human beings, he'll be on the right path. I keep thinking back to when Harry was young and all he ever wanted to be was a soldier and that passion has carried him far in life so far.
Old Yesterday, 02:18 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

It's quite common for little girls of Charlotte's age and older to like pink, probably because so many girls clothes are pink in clothes shops - it's a similar story for a lot of little boys and blue. I remember I used to love pink up until I was about 7 or 8, when I went through a phase of liking gold, though now my favourite colour is blue.

I wasn't going to read the article because as it's from People I just presumed it would be another sexist article about how pink is for girls and blue is for boys - but I'm glad I read it because they are just quoting what Catherine has said to little Nevaeh and I got treated to some adorable photos of little Charlotte too.

Cute to hear about George and Fireman Sam - I used to enjoy watching him when I was a child too. I can still remember the theme tune they used to have in the '90s (practically showing my age here as the theme tune has since changed, haha)

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old Yesterday, 02:49 PM
Aristocracy

I don't know what it is about pink, but despite my preference for dressing her and decorating her room in colors like red and blue, by two or three she had a definite preference for pink and purple. My son had a really intense favor for the color green starting at that age, too, and we never could figure out where that came from. Green was his go-to crayon choice, dressing him in a shirt that wasn't green came with pouts, if not tears, he'd get super excited if he saw a green car or truck on the road... There's just no telling why they pick a favorite, but toddlers can be very focused on the colors they like.

My daughter also went through a several-years-long stage of wanting to dress up as a princess every single day, starting when she was given a princess nightgown by her aunt. If she was dressed in something else and I turned around for a few minutes, she would have found the nightgown and put it on, even if it meant pulling it out of the dirty clothes hamper. We didn't watch many princess movies or shows because I...have issues with those stories, but she was very attracted to the aesthetic, nonetheless. And then at some point in second or third grade she suddenly got very tired of pink and purple, dresses and skirts, and all of that was over. She's 18 now and only just starting to warm back up to traditionally feminine styles.

All that to say George and Charlotte sound delightfully normal to me.
Old Yesterday, 06:11 PM
Heir Apparent

It has to do with how girls and boy are hardwired too. It's not just parents picking out the color for them.

LaRae
Old Yesterday, 06:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
I know some people are going to roll their eyes but I think it’s cute.

Princess Charlotte's Favorite Color Is Pink
Wel -its hardly news. Lots of little girls love pink.

Tags
prince george of cambridge, princess charlotte of cambridge