The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-27-2017, 01:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Not all pre-school systems are Montessori type, and yes pressure. Not all kids transition well.

LaRae

Old 09-27-2017, 01:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

I worked in early childhood education all children here in Australia have 15 hours a week. Most children love it but do have the odd day where they just want to stay home just like us grow ups who take a doona day occasionally

Old 09-27-2017, 02:33 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Way way too much pressure is put on little kids IMO.

LaRae
Yep! Prince George is like any other child who rather be at home than going to childcare or school.

Off topic: I didn't attend preschool or childcare. I had no issues academically or socially
Old 09-27-2017, 02:56 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Not all pre-school systems are Montessori type, and yes pressure. Not all kids transition well.

LaRae
That's the point of pre-school. Instead of having your kid home for five years then thrusting them suddenly into school in kindergarten. Yes many have huge transition issues. Because many have never been away from their parents and their structure. Starting in pre-school a few hours a week and slowly moving up, makes a transition much easier.

No, not all programs are Montessori. But at 3 pre-school is mainly play. As they get older they start moving a bit more towards education. Hours increase.
Old 09-27-2017, 03:36 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Let's get back on-topic.
Old 09-29-2017, 05:37 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:

LaRae
Yes, I personally believe that George's reluctance at his new school could be due to the fact that he's simply not used to a non-Montessori style of education. Anne Frank went to a Montessori primary school, and I remember reading that her father Otto later said that Anne found it hard adjusting to the Jewish Lyceum because it did not have the same Montessori approach that her previous school had. It's probably common for a lot of former Montessori children who don't know anything different.

Hopefully George will settle into Thomas's soon. I do like to think that he and Maud are little playmates at school

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 09-29-2017, 05:48 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
I worked in early childhood education all children here in Australia have 15 hours a week. Most children love it but do have the odd day where they just want to stay home just like us grow ups who take a doona day occasionally
I would like to highlight royal rob's comment. William only mentioned the experience of one day; George might love going to school every other day and easily adapt to this new environment - or he might have more days in which he'd rather stay home and need a little more time adjusting. Let's try not to overanalyze a one-off comment to a fellow parent.
Old 09-29-2017, 06:02 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Prince George and Princess Charlotte, General News Part 2: May 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
I would like to highlight royal rob's comment. William only mentioned the experience of one day; George might love going to school every other day and easily adapt to this new environment - or he might have more days in which he'd rather stay home and need a little more time adjusting. Let's try not to overanalyze a one-off comment to a fellow parent.

I had a feeling that my comment would get queries like this, but after all we’re all allowed to share our opinions (you included) and I was just chiming into the discussion. I was fully aware that it was just a days worth of experience, but I also just wanted to point out that it’s common for lots of children to have the same thoughts as little George. Just wanted to point out that it’s common and George’s feelings can change, that’s all. I wasn’t over analysing.

Apologies in advance if you were referring to everyone in general and not just to me (I just assumed so as you posted immediately after me and this thread has been dormant for a few days until I posted), so I don’t get another bang-in-wall emoji (not referring to you).

Old 09-29-2017, 06:21 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I had a feeling that my comment would get queries like this, but after all we’re all allowed to share our opinions (you included) and I was just chiming into the discussion. I was fully aware that it was just a days worth of experience, but I also just wanted to point out that it’s common for lots of children to have the same thoughts as little George. Just wanted to point out that it’s common and George’s feelings can change, that’s all. I wasn’t over analysing.

Apologies in advance if you were referring to everyone in general and not just to me (I just assumed so as you posted immediately after me and this thread has been dormant for a few days until I posted), so I don’t get another bang-in-wall emoji (not referring to you).
My comment was indeed intended as 'in general' and not referring to you specifically (no apologies needed); I hadn't seen the various posts from the last few days. Moreover, I fully agree with you that the switch from Montessori to non-Montessori could add to difficulties in adjustment for the prince - if he would indeed have them

Many children also are quite tired the first few weeks when starting school because of all the new impressions which might add to this one 'odd' day (if the previous day had been especially tiresome) or more consistent pattern
Old 09-29-2017, 06:27 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
My comment was indeed intended as 'in general' and not referring to you specifically (no apologies needed); I hadn't seen the various posts from the last few days. Moreover, I fully agree with you that the switch from Montessori to non-Montessori could add to difficulties in adjustment for the prince - if he would indeed have them

Many children also are quite tired the first few weeks when starting school because of all the new impressions which might add to this one 'odd' day (if the previous day had been especially tiresome) or more consistent pattern

Thank you for clarifying - it seems that I was actually over analysing something, but I was over analysing who you were referring to instead, haha! This is a concept of discussion forums I struggle with as sometimes it confuses me when people don’t specify who they’re talking to. Not a problem on your part of course so keep on posting how you’re posting - just one on mine

You raise a very good point about new impressions too. When starting secondary school, the media made me think it would be like the American high schools portrayed in films - but after a few weeks I found it to be a complete opposite world. Naturally I got bored pretty quickly and the excitement of secondary school drowned out. And I was eleven at the time!

Old 09-29-2017, 08:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Hopefully George will settle into Thomas's soon. I do like to think that he and Maud are little playmates at school.
Who's Maud?
Old 09-29-2017, 08:55 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
Who's Maud?
Maud Windsor; the daughter of Lord and Lady Frederick Windsor; granddaughter of Prince and Princess Michael of Kent - and one of prince George's classmates!
Old 09-29-2017, 08:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Maud Windsor; the daughter of Lord and Lady Frederick Windsor; granddaughter of Prince and Princess Michael of Kent - and one of prince George's classmates!
Oh yes. How perfect!
Old 09-30-2017, 05:13 AM
Courtier

George was probably having a bit of fun at home with Charlotte and didn't want that interupted by having to go to school!

Kate would have been off the scene quite a bit during the worst of the HG which has probably worn off by now so up and about a lot more. George may have just wanted some mummy time.

He attended pre-school last year so not totally new to being away from home for any length of time.

Is there any four year old who at some point just doesn't want to go?
Old 09-30-2017, 04:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Anna View Post
Is there any four year old who at some point just doesn't want to go?
True enough! Though one of my girls is gung-ho for anything, anytime. Hardly a glance backwards.
Old 10-01-2017, 06:12 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
True enough! Though one of my girls is gung-ho for anything, anytime. Hardly a glance backwards.
From what we have seen of the latter I imagine your little one and Charlotte would make a fairly powerful partnership!

However I imagine if Charlotte just decided not doing school today William, Kate and Maria would have a much bigger job pursuading her than they would George!
Old 10-19-2017, 06:46 AM
Majesty

George's half-term has started - 19th-27th October.

At Anmer, maybe?

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 10-19-2017, 06:57 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post

At Anmer, maybe?
Quite possibly.
Old 10-19-2017, 07:23 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post

At Anmer, maybe?
Is half-term a school break?
Old 10-19-2017, 08:20 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
Is half-term a school break?
Yes, usually between 1-2 weeks in the middle of the term.

Tags
prince george of cambridge, princess charlotte of cambridge