The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-21-2017, 06:18 PM
Majesty

Very nice photo of a smiling little boy
Prince George's fourth birthday sees new official portrait released showing the beaming Royal in 'fun photoshoot'*

Old 07-21-2017, 06:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh that's a great pic!

LaRae

Old 07-21-2017, 06:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

Nice picture of the Prince of Cambridge!

A.W. TOZER
Old 07-21-2017, 06:43 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
He's one happy go lucky little guy. Its hard to believe that George is turning 4 already. Time has really flown by and kids grow up too quickly.
Old 07-21-2017, 06:45 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

That's a charming photo of little George. I can't believe he's going to be four already tomorrow; I still remember Catherine's pregnancy with him very clearly.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 07-21-2017, 07:30 PM
Courtier

That is a great picture of George. The subject being familiar with the photographer shows here.
Old 07-21-2017, 07:45 PM
Majesty

He and his little sister are beyond adorable!

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 07-21-2017, 08:42 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
https://www.facebook.com/majestymaga...-U-PTg&fref=nf

According to Majesty Magazine the red shoes Charlotte has on for the Polish trip were the same ones worn by her Uncle Harry (pic at the link).

LaRae
I have considered subscribing to this magazine. Is it good?
Old 07-21-2017, 08:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchessrachel View Post
I have considered subscribing to this magazine. Is it good?
I follow them for free on FB...I usually get enough info there. I will probably subscribe to the actual magazine (paper) later.

LaRae
Old 07-21-2017, 09:14 PM
Serene Highness

He's such a sweet looking, handsome little boy and this is a great photo of him!
Old 07-22-2017, 12:43 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

I'm four! George and his gap-toothed grin: Kate and William release adorable portrait of the Prince as they prepare to celebrate his birthday at home after a helicopter ride treat on their whirlwind royal tour

Prince George photo is released for his fourth birthday | Daily Mail Online
Old 07-22-2017, 03:56 AM
Heir Apparent

A lovely picture of young George. (I was going to say 'little', but he's a big boy now!) I bet he'll have a ball on his birthday, with friends and relatives all around.
Old 07-22-2017, 04:44 AM
Courtier

He certainly looks more than four there and a lot more confident than the George we saw on the latest Cambridge tour.
Old 07-22-2017, 05:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

I thought that he was refusing to come off the plane on the Poland tour.
Old 07-22-2017, 08:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Westminster Abbey @wabbey
Happy Birthday to Prince George, who is 4 today. #TB to 2013 when the Abbey bellringers rang a full peal, lasting 3 hours, to mark his birth
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DE8s-NlXgAARoOr.jpg:large

The Abbey bell ringers are ringing 504 changes of Stedman Caters and 360 changes of Cambridge Surprise Royal #HappyBirthdayPrinceGeorge
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DFGHL85W0AAsl2v.jpg:large
Old 07-22-2017, 03:03 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
I thought that he was refusing to come off the plane on the Poland tour.
Poland was the first stop on their tour. Possibly Prince George had just woken up from a nap and when he got a peek at the crowd awaiting on the tarmac, he may simply have not been in the mood for it. Shyness can sometimes take over kids at that age too. I'm sure George is used to seeing crowds of people gawking at him and his parents, but he & Princess Charlotte are also kept out of day-in-and-day-out public scrutiny as well, which is a good thing.

It's also a good thing that Will & Kate are introducing their two children to what royal tours are like. Part of it is surely that they do not wish to be away from their kids for very long stretches of time either. And George's birthday was happening during the tour and they obviously wished to celebrate his special day with him.

In this overcast video, the reporters indicate there was a bit of rain too. We can see Georgie holding onto his Dad's hand, swinging one leg back and forth with his other hand casually held in his pocket, bringing his Dad's hand to his lips, listening to his Dad comfort him with a few words, and then eagerly walking down the tarmac, turned away from the soldiers ceremoniously lining the path. He's simply too cute. Charlotte and George definitely 'steal the show' whenever they accompany their parents.

George certainly has grown quite a bit taller out of the public eye, even since May. It looks like he will be as tall, or taller than his Dad, eh! I really like that both kids aren't being overtrained and over-forced to perform in public like mannequins and perfect little versions of adults. They are normal youngsters who act like very young kids would and should. That's a good thing!

Happy Birthday Prince George cutie pie!
Old 07-22-2017, 03:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Happy Birthday to Prince George, who is 4 today. #TB to 2013 when the Abbey bellringers rang a full peal, lasting 3 hours, to mark his birth

The Abbey bell ringers are ringing 504 changes of Stedman Caters and 360 changes of Cambridge Surprise Royal #HappyBirthdayPrinceGeorge
I'd like to thank Dorothy L Sayers, without whom I would not understand anything about this post. Ms. Sayers earned no orders - just an off topic aside. I hope either or both children read The Nine Tailors when age appropriate. Then learn to ring.

As to reaction in general to the plane-ing and de-plane-ing comments, there is something unsettling about coming off a plane onto the tarmac. I'm an adult and always find it vaguely unsettling. There is almost always wind, loud noises around you and a sterile expanse of concrete in all directions. My personal unease comes from the fear that anything at all (a tiger, a baggage mover, a crazed bird) could be coming up from behind left and hit me without any notice. The openess of the tarmac is unsettling - nothing on any side for protection. I always want to hurry into the relative "known" of the terminal.

I suppose a child might just as well want to run off and away on a tarmac - but these two seemed no so inclined...
Old 07-22-2017, 03:55 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I hope little George had a nice birthday today. I wonder if Charlotte made him any presents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post

The bell ringers certainly had their work cut out today, three hours is a very long time! I tried bellringing at my own church once and was tired after fifteen minutes

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 07-23-2017, 05:17 AM
Majesty

Which surname will Prince George adopt for school? Royal pundits say he could employ 'Mountbatten-Windsor' instead of 'Cambridge' when he joins Thomas's in Battersea

Old 07-23-2017, 07:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince George and Princess Charlotte, General News Part 2: May 2016

Cambridge is basically a temporary thing. William will get new titles as heir apparent. Eventually it will be Wales. So I can see using Mountbatten Windsor until the titles settle down.

William didn't even switch to using Cambridge as his last name. His RAF and EAA flight suits say Wales. The kids will be of Cambridge, of Cornwall & Cambridge, of Wales. By the time, George is done with Thomas, his father will be Prince of Wales and the kids can use Wales for the rest of their school career.

Tags
prince george of cambridge, princess charlotte of cambridge