The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-08-2017, 12:34 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I'm actually British myself so as someone who would also use such figures of speech I did bare that in mind.

The Tweet just did seem more likely that Catherine was insinuating that she taught Charlotte Spanish herself (though I think it's more likely that Maria is teaching her Spanish) to me initially, which is why I referenced it.
My guess is that Kate was the one who requested it although it is possible that Maria decided it on her own.

Old 05-08-2017, 01:42 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Sometimes too the decision to teach the kids something stems from something they've picked up all by themselves. Just being with Maria could have resulted in George asking for a cookie and stating "por favor" as he had heard Maria say it. When kids hang around certain people for extended periods of time, they pick up on things without it being noticed. Curious little ankle biters they be!

Old 05-08-2017, 04:32 PM
Serene Highness

It wouldnt be that strange for the Cambridges to want to give their children the opportunity to become fluent in a second language without much extra work. For instance Estelle of Sweden has had an English speaking nanny almost from day one and is said to speak it quite well already. Also IIRC Ive read somewhere (I think in connection with Victoria & Daniels wedding) how the European royals of all ages mostly communicate in English with each other so the other royal kids must also get some kind of introduction to the language early on.
Old 05-08-2017, 07:39 PM
Commoner

I have 2 granddaughters whose families are English-speakers, and they attend a school where the vast majority of instruction, including textbooks and homework, is in Spanish. Their teachers are all bilingual, and are well-versed in how to teach second languages, such as body language and modeling. I think the girls will retain dual languages in adulthood.

2 other granddaughters are growing up with both parents speaking primarily Spanish and a little English at home. The 6 yr. old is very bilingual, and the 3 yr. old speaks mostly Spanish, but is quickly learning English. They will absolutely retain both languages.

I think it's a great advantage to speak 2 languages, and I've been told that it is much easier to pick up other languages once you speak 2. I hope George and Charlotte are hearing a lot of Spanish and pick up the structure and cadence. It can only be an advantage for royals to be fluent in more than one language--they will be warmly welcomed in the world!
Old 05-11-2017, 12:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The Duchess of Cambridge opened up about her children Prince George and Princess Charlotte during her whirlwind visit to Luxembourg on Thursday, revealing that her kids are learning how to ride a bike.

Kate was attending a cycling-themed festival in the capital's city centre where she met numerous cyclists. The Duchess, 35, spoke to professional cyclist Frank Schleck, who has two daughters.
Read more:Prince George and Princess Charlotte are learning how to ride a bike
Old 05-17-2017, 03:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Prince William and Princess Kate‘s eldest, who turns four in July, is no longer a royal baby — and as he’s gotten older, he’s developing interests and a personality that’s all his own.

We know he’s serious about keeping up with the characters on his favorite TV shows (though he’s moved past Peppa Pig), he loves to go fast on his scooter and he’s got a naughty streak, according to his mom.

And during a visit to the Royal Marsden Hospital this week, William dropped a few more facts about his fun-loving son.
Read more: Prince William Talks About Screen Time and Prince George
Old 05-18-2017, 12:12 PM
Majesty

A national search to find doppelgangers for Prince George and Princess Charlotte has revealed its adorable winners.

Old 05-18-2017, 08:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
A national search to find doppelgangers for Prince George and Princess Charlotte has revealed its adorable winners.

Apart from having 2 eyes a nose and mouth I can't see that they look like either of them.
Old 06-17-2017, 04:08 PM
Nobility

Maybe this was talked about at the times of their birth, but I looked up the registered birth certificates of Prince George and Princess Charlotte. Interesting to look at, as both documents were filled out by Prince William. He has a distinctive, straightforward and engaging handwriting. It's also interesting to see how William referenced Kate, as there has been discussion in some threads about their titles and how they are represented on documents, etc.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...84_634x768.jpg Prince George

http://i3.mirror.co.uk/incoming/arti...-Cambridge.jpg Princess Charlotte w/ photo!

I love how under occupation of parents, William writes:

Prince of the United Kingdom
Princess of the United Kingdom

ETA:
Newborn photos of Prince George:
http://images.gmanews.tv/v3/webpics/...9_11_20_13.jpg

http://us.hellomagazine.com/imagenes...82/baby--z.jpg
Old 06-17-2017, 04:15 PM
Heir Apparent

IIRC there was something else that was filled out a few years ago, pics were posted and they had the same titles being used.

LaRae
Old 06-17-2017, 04:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Sometimes too the decision to teach the kids something stems from something they've picked up all by themselves. Just being with Maria could have resulted in George asking for a cookie and stating "por favor" as he had heard Maria say it. !
Highly unlikely that anyone is teaching them Spanish. they may pick up few words from their nanny and Kate may have mentioned this because its a a cute little anecdote about them
Old 06-18-2017, 04:10 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
Apart from having 2 eyes a nose and mouth I can't see that they look like either of them.
Possibly just a snap shot in time but have to say I do see a remarkable resemblance to both George and Charlotte.

It would however, be interesting to compare both children with the Cambridges' in say five years time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Actually, when we think about it, its very possible that the name Louis could be used in its feminine form for a princess of the UK today. If things had gone the traditional way the British royal family does things, we'd have a Princess Louise today in our midst. We just know her now as the daughter of the Earl of Wessex.
Well she is HRH Princess Louise! Edward chose not to use the titles prince or princess for his children, but they do own them (subject to future change of course, although I don't think titles already owned can be revoked?) and up to them when they come of age whether to use them or not.
Old 06-20-2017, 02:27 AM
Commoner

the wolf inside George and Charlotte being adorable. Little clips from balcony
Old 06-20-2017, 03:28 AM
Super Moderator

Please note that a number of posts discussing the name "Louis" have been moved to the Origin Of Royal Names thread.
Old 07-13-2017, 01:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Prince William reveals what Prince George really doesn't like about football as he enjoys a kick-about with the England Women's football team .

The future King of England is already teaching the third in line to the throne about the beautiful game - but says he isn't yet convinced he's a fan just yet.

England Player Casey Stoney said: "I said do his kids play. He said at the moment he's trying to teach George that football is actually a contact sport but George doesn't really like it when he's palming him off and getting physical.

"He said he's really encouraging his kids to get involved with sport. From what he was saying he's encouraging both his kids to play.

"He's really down to earth and so easy to talk too
Read more: Prince William reveals what Prince George REALLY doesn't like about football - Mirror Online
Old 07-13-2017, 03:48 PM
Serene Highness

Ha! William might regret teaching him it's a contact sport in sixteen years or so!
Old 07-18-2017, 03:06 PM
Heir Apparent

https://www.facebook.com/majestymaga...-U-PTg&fref=nf

According to Majesty Magazine the red shoes Charlotte has on for the Polish trip were the same ones worn by her Uncle Harry (pic at the link).

LaRae
Old 07-18-2017, 03:06 PM
Heir Apparent

https://www.facebook.com/majestymaga...-U-PTg&fref=nf

According to Majesty Magazine the red shoes Charlotte has on for the Polish trip were the same ones worn by her Uncle Harry (pic at the link).

LaRae
Old 07-21-2017, 06:01 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

New photo of Prince George to mark his 4th Birthday;
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DFRFqxtWAAAWgf9.jpg

Taken by Chris Jackson @ Kensington Palace at the end of June.
Old 07-21-2017, 06:13 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

What an adorable new photo of Prince George!

Tags
prince george of cambridge, princess charlotte of cambridge