The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-09-2016, 11:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Since when is the balcony for trooping been reserved to the heir to the throne It's a family event last I looked, extended family like the queen's cousins and their grandkids often appear. So its not a stretch to think other great-grandkids would be involved.

Old 05-09-2016, 11:54 PM
Royal Highness

I think we now have confirmation that George is 'naughty' because he can out the adults.

I thought he would tattle on Mummy and Daddy but apparently his target is Harry.

You cannot trust those toddlers.

George said 'Uncle Harry, why are you so quiet? Why are you so quiet?'"

Harry said "so embarrassing".

Old 05-10-2016, 12:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
Hopefully not. It is to celebrate the Queen's 90th and a surprise for Prince Philip's 95th.

No George, unless there is Mia. Equal opportunity.

George can have his 3rd birthday in July no need to crowd the Queen's and Philip's birthday.

Once again, this is an apples and oranges situation. George is a royal and in the direct line to the throne. His parents attend the Trooping almost every year, his father having an active part, and he attended last year. It's reasonable to assume that George is likely to attend this year (although I doubt Charlotte will).

Mia is not a royal, is not the child of a royal, and is not in the direct line to the throne. Her parents do not attend the Trooping every year, I think it's been a few years since either attended at all. It's not really reasonable to expect Mia to attend this year.

People keep on acting like there's this affront to the Queen's other great-grandchildren when attention is paid to George and Charlotte, but not Savannah, Isla, or Mia, but people have to remember that Peter and Zara are not royals, nor are their children, and especially in the case of Peter they lead primarily private lives. As such, their children are private individuals in a way that George and Charlotte will never be - and the Queen respects that.
Old 05-10-2016, 12:37 AM
Heir Apparent

With the church service, trooping and lunch on the mall, maybe the Tindalls and Phillips will be on the balcony. There are plenty of Kents & Taylors who are further down the line of succession on balcony. George is going to be on that balcony for the rest of his life, as will his parents. Not the same scenario for the Tindalls and Phillips.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 05-10-2016, 01:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Since when is the balcony for trooping been reserved to the heir to the throne It's a family event last I looked, extended family like the queen's cousins and their grandkids often appear. So its not a stretch to think other great-grandkids would be involved.
You miss the point. I respnded specifically to QC's comment.
Old 05-10-2016, 02:44 AM
Heir Apparent

I am sorry I don't see how I did. QC said Mia had equal right to be on the balcony as George. You pointed out that was false, because George is the future king. Since when has that ever been a deciding factor? The Mowatt children regularilly appear, and they are how many generations removed, as the great-great grandchildren of George V.
Old 05-10-2016, 03:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

Folks, yes we will see George on the balcony for the trooping this year. The question is will we see Charlotte?

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-10-2016, 08:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I am sorry I don't see how I did. QC said Mia had equal right to be on the balcony as George. You pointed out that was false, because George is the future king. Since when has that ever been a deciding factor? The Mowatt children regularilly appear, and they are how many generations removed, as the great-great grandchildren of George V.
Has nothing to do with equal rights. Has to do with their positions within the monarchy. You would expect to see a future King there...a minor non-royal is not likely to be expected to appear.
Old 05-10-2016, 10:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Interesting. I didn't realize that Mia was further down the line then the Moffats, Taylors, Lewis and other members who are seen at trooping. Thanks for clearing that up, that only more senior royals are expected to be on the balcony Clearly Mia is too far removed.

Quote:
Folks, yes we will see George on the balcony for the trooping this year. The question is will we see Charlotte?
I doubt it. George didn't attend until last year when he was nearly 2. Charlotte is only 1.
Old 05-10-2016, 10:50 AM
Heir Apparent

There is a large family meal for the family after Trooping. For them, there is a familial celebration element. Hence the presence of all kinds of children from the family.
JMO, but children on the balcony bring life and a kind of hope for the future to the images of the family on the balcony. They elevate the photos. Plus, the kids get to look at that wonderful fly-by!
Oops - and I just realized we are off topic!
Old 05-10-2016, 10:54 AM
Aristocracy

William first went when he was 2, and Harry was there the next year when he was about 8 months old. Personally, I'd bet on Charlotte at TtC this year.
Old 05-10-2016, 11:17 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Interesting. I didn't realize that Mia was further down the line then the Moffats, Taylors, Lewis and other members who are seen at trooping. Thanks for clearing that up, that only more senior royals are expected to be on the balcony Clearly Mia is too far removed.

I doubt it. George didn't attend until last year when he was nearly 2. Charlotte is only 1.
I don't think it's about age, but about if the baby can handle the fly past. Babies are different. Sometimes you see a baby on the balcony just several months old. If Charlotte can handle it, it's possible we could see her. If William and Catherine think Charlotte can't handle it, we probably won't see her on the balcony this year.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-10-2016, 04:35 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
I think Princess Charlotte looks just like her brother. Except for coloring I would have mistaken her picture for a picture of George. Very cute. Middleton genes dominate methinks.
I'm not very good at comparing babies, but the other night I was looking through the Queen Mary thread and saw a pix of Queen Mary w/ Queen Elizabeth II when she was a baby and it struck me that Charlotte looked a lot like Queen Elizabeth II
compare:
In pictures: Queen Elizabeth II at 90 in 90 images - BBC News
with:
Princess Charlotte Sits on Queen Elizabeth's Lap in Portrait

But maybe it's just the cheeks and stern expression in both
Old 05-11-2016, 10:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Prince William met schoolchildren during an engagement in Oxford when the conversation naturally turned to his own youngsters, Prince George and Princess Charlotte. William spent several minutes chatting to the pupils from Pegasus Primary School about their favourite books and lessons.

He spoke of his family's fondness for one children's book in particular – The Gruffalo. Schoolgirl Xiomara, eight, told reporters: "His favourite book was The Gruffalo."

When asked if the Julia Donaldson book was a favourite with William, or his son George and his daughter Charlotte, the schoolgirl added: "His and his children."
Read more: Prince William reveals Prince George's favourite book
Old 05-13-2016, 07:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
While the Duke of Cambridge visited the Royal National Lifeboat Institution Tower Lifeboat Station (RNLI) in London Thursday, he was all smiles as he was given two adorable gifts for his little ones. According to E! Online, William received a pair of yellow RNLI wellington boots for George and a teddy bear wearing a pink top for Princess Charlotte.
Read more: Prince William Receives Gifts for Princess Charlotte and Prince George | InStyle.com
Old 05-17-2016, 03:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 5h5 hours ago City of London, London
Prince William told a patient at the Royal Marsden today he is "trying to sort out schools" for Prince George and Princess Charlotte.
https://twitter.com/RoyalReporter/st...56633176412160

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-24-2016, 03:23 PM
Courtier

New photos of George!

If you didn't pledge last year to not look at any unofficial photos of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's children - check out the "Daily Mail/Mail Online".

Catherine and the litttle Prince in the sunshine as George tries out the police motorcycle in the grounds of Kensington Palace.

(Charlotte in her pram perhaps too.)
Old 05-24-2016, 03:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

I won't post pictures, but it goes to show you that Catherine is a busy working mom.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-24-2016, 03:32 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I won't post pictures, but it goes to show you that Catherine is a busy working mom.

And Twitter has photos of Catherine walking amongst the public in Kensington Gardens - pushing Charlotte in her pram with George walking beside her.

Catherine is wearing a different outfit to the "Daily Mail/Mail Online" photos - so I'm assuming it was a different day.

Also quotes that she waved to people.

Protection officers are in some of these, but there is also one photo taken from the front - so we get to see their faces.
Old 05-24-2016, 03:38 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

PC George! Prince enjoys a ride on a police motorbike with help from a smiling Kate and FOUR officers | Daily Mail Online

Sorry guys this is a public forum, you don't want to look at the pics don't.

Tags
prince george of cambridge, princess charlotte of cambridge