Prince George and Princess Charlotte, General News Part 3: May 2016-April 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who's Maud? :flowers:

Maud Windsor; the daughter of Lord and Lady Frederick Windsor; granddaughter of Prince and Princess Michael of Kent - and one of prince George's classmates!

Maud Windsor; the daughter of Lord and Lady Frederick Windsor; granddaughter of Prince and Princess Michael of Kent - and one of prince George's classmates!

Oh yes. How perfect! :flowers:

George was probably having a bit of fun at home with Charlotte and didn't want that interupted by having to go to school! :lol:

Kate would have been off the scene quite a bit during the worst of the HG which has probably worn off by now so up and about a lot more. George may have just wanted some mummy time.

He attended pre-school last year so not totally new to being away from home for any length of time.

Is there any four year old who at some point just doesn't want to go? :lol:

Is there any four year old who at some point just doesn't want to go? :lol:

True enough! :flowers: ;) ? Though one of my girls is gung-ho for anything, anytime. Hardly a glance backwards.

True enough! :flowers: ;) ? Though one of my girls is gung-ho for anything, anytime. Hardly a glance backwards.

From what we have seen of the latter I imagine your little one and Charlotte would make a fairly powerful partnership!

However I imagine if Charlotte just decided not doing school today William, Kate and Maria would have a much bigger job pursuading her than they would George! :lol:

George's half-term has started - 19th-27th October.

At Anmer, maybe?

I think it’s cute too
Two of my granddaughters love pink too everything would be pink if it was possible

I only roll my eyes at the thought this is news worthy. Along the lines of George likes cars.

Poll most moms of 2 year old girls, pink or purple is likely going to be the answer. Whether that changes when she is older and has more of an opinion, we will see. Laugh at the writer saying her in pink is a sign. No its a sign her mother likes her in pink :lol:

I always joke I am a tomboy as my dad seemed to want me to be a boy. My room and often things were always blue. Seems my dad didn't think he should have two pink bedrooms in his house.?

I loved blue as a child an my mother was against gender stereotyping in clothes and toys . So obviously all I wanted was a Barbie and a skirt . Maybe my mother's skirtphobia is the reason why I wear mostly skirts today as an adult .

Oh this is just too cute. Its not the fact that George is going to be the model for a "royal" episode of Fireman Sam but its learning that two of George's passions right now are Fireman Sam himself and helicopters. I get a sense of someone wanting to follow in his daddy's footsteps.

If George can keep this passion alive and grow up with wanting to serve to aid and assist his fellow human beings, he'll be on the right path. I keep thinking back to when Harry was young and all he ever wanted to be was a soldier and that passion has carried him far in life so far.

It's quite common for little girls of Charlotte's age and older to like pink, probably because so many girls clothes are pink in clothes shops - it's a similar story for a lot of little boys and blue. I remember I used to love pink up until I was about 7 or 8, when I went through a phase of liking gold, though now my favourite colour is blue.

I wasn't going to read the article because as it's from People I just presumed it would be another sexist article about how pink is for girls and blue is for boys - but I'm glad I read it because they are just quoting what Catherine has said to little Nevaeh and I got treated to some adorable photos of little Charlotte too.

Cute to hear about George and Fireman Sam - I used to enjoy watching him when I was a child too. I can still remember the theme tune they used to have in the '90s (practically showing my age here as the theme tune has since changed, haha) :D

Last edited:
I don't know what it is about pink, but despite my preference for dressing her and decorating her room in colors like red and blue, by two or three she had a definite preference for pink and purple. My son had a really intense favor for the color green starting at that age, too, and we never could figure out where that came from. Green was his go-to crayon choice, dressing him in a shirt that wasn't green came with pouts, if not tears, he'd get super excited if he saw a green car or truck on the road... There's just no telling why they pick a favorite, but toddlers can be very focused on the colors they like.

My daughter also went through a several-years-long stage of wanting to dress up as a princess every single day, starting when she was given a princess nightgown by her aunt. If she was dressed in something else and I turned around for a few minutes, she would have found the nightgown and put it on, even if it meant pulling it out of the dirty clothes hamper. We didn't watch many princess movies or shows because I...have issues with those stories, but she was very attracted to the aesthetic, nonetheless. And then at some point in second or third grade she suddenly got very tired of pink and purple, dresses and skirts, and all of that was over. She's 18 now and only just starting to warm back up to traditionally feminine styles.

All that to say George and Charlotte sound delightfully normal to me.

It has to do with how girls and boy are hardwired too. It's not just parents picking out the color for them.

LaRae

Seriously :bang: I am a massive LGBT supporter, and I for one and am happy the church is stepping up in support. But this?????:ohmy: For anyone, especially a priest, to suggest people should pray a child is gay:sad: If George or any other royal is gay hopefully we have moved on as a society enough to fully accept that. But George is a child not a political pawn.

Said clergyman would probably be livid if someone publically stated we should pray for George to be straight.

Beyond the pale. His bishop should reprimand him.

LaRae

Seriously :bang: I am a massive LGBT supporter, and I for one and am happy the church is stepping up in support. But this?????:ohmy: For anyone, especially a priest, to suggest people should pray a child is gay:sad: If George or any other royal is gay hopefully we have moved on as a society enough to fully accept that. But George is a child not a political pawn.

I agree completely - a child's sexuality - straight or gay - should not be used as a prop. Let a child have some privacy.

The reality is the CoE IS on the verge of extinction in Britain.. as a result its clergy [who have been 'lefty' for at least two/three generations] are DESPERATE to attract new 'blood' in their congregations. They imagine this type of pronouncement will do it !
They are WRONG.
Most 'natives' are now secularist/agnostic/humanist or merely uninterested. Ethnic minorities are [largely] Muslim/Catholic or Hindu, and the Christians amongst them are 'Evangelical' [Having NO time for LGBTQ rights WHATSOEVER].

We ARE a 'post Christian' Nation now, and given this sort of tripe, I'm glad of it..
I say this as a Gay Man myself, and one who was bought up, [very happily] in a CoE observant Family..

Last edited:
The reality is the CoE IS on the verge of extinction in Britain.. as a result its clergy [who have been 'lefty' for at least two/three generations] are DESPERATE to attract new 'blood' in their congregations. They imagine this type of pronouncement will do it !
They are WRONG.
Most 'natives' are now secularist/agnostic/humanist or merely uninterested. Ethnic minorities are [largely] Muslim/Catholic or Hindu, and the Christians amongst them are 'Evangelical' [Having NO time for LGBTQ rights WHATSOEVER].

We ARE a 'post Christian' Nation now, and given this sort of tripe, I'm glad of it..
I say this as a Gay Man myself, and one who was bought up, [very happily] in a CoE observant Family..

The same in Australia. It shows the desperation the clergy are showing when they use a 4 year old child to make a point. This is why people are turned off by religions.

I hope the all the Cambridge children turn out to be happy, healthy and productive members of society. I hope their decision they make about their sexuality is met with full acceptance and no prejudice. I hope they find the same love their parents did, whether they are gay or straight.

I am almost at a loss for words. Notice I said *almost*. This is a prime example of why more and more people are turning away from organized religions and their spiritual leaders. Perhaps this reverend believes he is on the right track but I think he took a wrong turn somewhere at Albuquerque.

I seriously believe that each and every one of us is an expression of our Creator individualized. This is what is meant by "Love one another as I have loved you". There is no because in that sentence. We all express ourselves in ways that are unique to us. We are all different. We are all on our own personal journey on this Earth and working towards going Home. This reverend misses that mark completely by even suggesting how an individual soul should be or live his life.

Perhaps he needs an extensive refresher course in his beliefs or some serious soul searching? I don't know. It does take all kinds to make this world go around though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom