The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-11-2016, 07:24 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Posts about the Canada tour have been moved to the specific thread:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...6-a-41012.html

Old 09-12-2016, 09:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Since the kids' thread is momentarily closed, I will post here new pics of Prince George with his parents and nanny Maria. The pics have been taken at the disembarking of the family from the helicopter. Interestingly, the pics appears on the swedish tabloid Stoppa pressarna:

Lillprinsens gripande farväl till föräldrarna | Stoppa Pressarna – Kungligheter – Kungafamiljen – Svensk Damtidning – Prinsessan Madeleine – Kronprinsessan Victoria

Old 09-12-2016, 09:35 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Since the kids' thread is momentarily closed, I will post here new pics of Prince George with his parents and nanny Maria. The pics have been taken at the disembarking of the family from the helicopter. Interestingly, the pics appears on the swedish tabloid Stoppa pressarna:

Lillprinsens gripande farväl till föräldrarna | Stoppa Pressarna – Kungligheter – Kungafamiljen – Svensk Damtidning – Prinsessan Madeleine – Kronprinsessan Victoria
Woo hoo, pictures of Lupo
Old 09-12-2016, 09:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by TortillaChips View Post
Woo hoo, pictures of Lupo

Yeah, I didn't spot it at first.
Old 09-12-2016, 01:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

Some cute photos of George saying goodbye to his parents
Old 09-13-2016, 12:45 AM
Courtier

Quote:

Lillprinsens gripande farväl till föräldrarna | Stoppa Pressarna €“ Kungligheter €“ Kungafamiljen €“ Svensk Damtidning €“ Prinsessan Madeleine €“ Kronprinsessan Victoria

One of Australia's women's magazines published a few of these photos this week too Marty91charmed.

Nice to see Catherine wasn't worried about carrying Lupo while dressed up.

(The photos of Nanny Maria pushing Charlotte with George riding along on his scooter - that were on twitter last week - seem to have flown under most people's radar.)
Old 09-13-2016, 08:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Did Lupo try to follow W&K and then Kate carried him back to Nanny Maria and George ? I could quite tell what was up.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 09-13-2016, 09:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
Some cute photos of George saying goodbye to his parents
Yeah. At first I thought it was saying goodbye in occasion of their stay in Scotland but then it was pointed out these pics are a bit older and in reference to the Cambridges' visit in Cornawall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
One of Australia's women's magazines published a few of these photos this week too Marty91charmed.

Nice to see Catherine wasn't worried about carrying Lupo while dressed up.

(The photos of Nanny Maria pushing Charlotte with George riding along on his scooter - that were on twitter last week - seem to have flown under most people's radar.)

I was a bit amazed that a swedish tabloid ran the pics, but since UK tabs are banned I shouldn't have found it strange

George seemed to be crying,and nanny was comforting him. So cute.
Old 09-13-2016, 09:52 AM
Heir Apparent

George and Charlotte went to Balmoral too. These are definitely from the trip to Cornwall at the beginning of the month. WK leaving on the helicopter with the same clothes were on Twitter at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 09-13-2016, 11:33 AM
Nobility

Why on earth do we need to see pictures of a little boy crying as he says goodbye to his parents? Pictures clearly taken from some considerable distance. It feels incredibly intrusive and wrong. I got a really uncomfortable feeling looking at them, like I was prying.
Old 09-15-2016, 11:47 PM
Courtier

Quote:

I was a bit amazed that a swedish tabloid ran the pics, but since UK tabs are banned I shouldn't have found it strange

Bans on photos of the Cambridge children being seen in the UK still seem to be in place Marty91charmed.

"The Guardian" is reporting that Catherine complained about the George on the police motobike photos from a little while back.

And Catherine won - the ruling was, it didn't serve the public interest to see George.

As a member of the public, I guess that means I'll have to stop taking an interest in PG.

Bye bye my future king.

Oh wait - I'm in Australia, so that's ok then.

(Can't post links from my tablet.)
Old 09-16-2016, 12:23 AM
Aristocracy

The ruling was slightly more nuanced than that; there wasn't enough of a public interest to over-ride Catherine and George's reasonable expectation of privacy in that instance.

Jumping to "Brits now have to stop taking an interest in George" is quite a leap.
Old 09-16-2016, 12:44 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post
The ruling was slightly more nuanced than that; there wasn't enough of a public interest to over-ride Catherine and George's reasonable expectation of privacy in that instance.

Jumping to "Brits now have to stop taking an interest in George" is quite a leap.

Oh hel - please don't think I'm being serious when I post this - .
Old 09-16-2016, 01:58 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Bans on photos of the Cambridge children being seen in the UK still seem to be in place Marty91charmed.

"The Guardian" is reporting that Catherine complained about the George on the police motobike photos from a little while back.

And Catherine won - the ruling was, it didn't serve the public interest to see George.

As a member of the public, I guess that means I'll have to stop taking an interest in PG.

Bye bye my future king.

Prince George photos breached privacy, watchdog rules - BBC News

its their right to complain, I guess the UK mags tried their luck and lost.

For the pictures it makes no difference, they will be published anyway, only not in a UK outlet.
Old 09-16-2016, 02:24 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Ba

Bye bye my future king.

of course its not in the public interest for reporters and cameramen to intrude on the life of 2 small children liek Charlotte and George. They are tiny, they have a right to privacy until they are old enough to start doing engagemetns and their parents clealrly want to protect them. There are regular photocalls where K and William allow the release of photos of them, and IMO that's enough. I can't see why anyone would want to see loads of photos of 2 small children..
Old 09-16-2016, 04:37 AM
Serene Highness

It's all very hypocritical from them. They will parade them around Canada and obviously not deem that an intrusion if their privacy. The only people they seem to have an issue with when it comes to getting a good look at their kids are the British. Also, they don't have the power to actually ban any publication from publishing anything if it's taken in a public place. The scooter pics of George were taken in a public park so why not print them? It's no different from the ones of him taken running around at the polo which were printed here. It's about time the British press stood up to them and their controlling ways.
Old 09-16-2016, 04:45 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
It's all very hypocritical from them. They will parade them around Canada and obviously not deem that an intrusion if their privacy. The only people they seem to have an issue with when it comes to getting a good look at their kids are the British. Also, they don't have the power to actually ban any publication from publishing anything if it's taken in a public place. The scooter pics of George were taken in a public park so why not print them? It's no different from the ones of him taken running around at the polo which were printed here. It's about time the British press stood up to them and their controlling ways.
they are taking their children on an official tour, and probaby they will be seen breifly during that. I dont suppose that they are taking the childrene on engagements with them. They have released photos at various stages of the children's lives and IMO that is enogh. more than enough,.
I cant understand how anyone thinks they have a right to see pictures of litlte children, who are to young to understand what this is all about.
What do they do that's so fascinating anyway? THey look cute, or not. And that's it. So an occasional shot of them at Christmas, birthday, occasional public engagement.. and that IMO is quite as mcuh as hte public needs to see.
Old 09-16-2016, 04:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

It is in the public interest though to see how the future King is interacting with his mother in my opinion.

The sterile photoshoots that William and Kate set up show him usually with no other human being or any real indication of where he is.

They need to understand that the public - over which he will one day reign - need to have a connection to him.

In the 1930s the Queen Mum understood that and had film released of the family. The Queen did the same thing - with Charles and Anne in particular from when they were younger than George is now - actual film footage of them was released of them with their parents. Diana and Charles did that with William as well.

George only seems to be allowed to be seen when overseas and never at home with his family - just an image of him sitting on stairs or standing near some wall ...

They need to arrange a few more shoots each year using a trusted single photographer who can take some decent footage that they can edit down to 30 seconds or so and so that public can connect.

If not then there will be more and more of these 'intrusions' as the courts may be able to control the British media but they can't control the media elsewhere - especially in the days of social media - and if William felt Diana was hounded - he ain't seen nothing yet as George will always be a target and the more they hide him the greater the demand will be.

Once he is at school it will be a lot harder to protect him - unless they are going to school him in something resembling a prison - BP comes to mind. On my recent trip this summer we were driving around London when we past a building and grounds some of the Americans on my coach asked the name of the prison was that we were passing given the high fences and barbed wire. They were taken aback to be told that we were passing the back of BP which from the back looked very prison-like.
Old 09-16-2016, 04:49 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Not really hypocritical. The difference is the knowledge that the pictures were taken. If I go to a movie premiere, a club opening etc, I know pictures are being taken. If I walk in a park, I don't. In this case, they were inside private property during private time. The pictures can be taken ofc, but the distributing of them is anotehr matter. And yes, they can't stop the press. That is why they went to the association that rules on ethics of the press. Media can choose to not agree to those guidlines, but then they don't get the benefits either. It's nothing odd about it. The people who ruled it agreed that there was no public gain from printing those pictures. It's hard because the pictures can be printed in a bunch of other countries, but that doesn't mean that the british press association should become less ethical. It is different from the polo because at the polo they know they are being photographed. When they are on their own grouds being photographed from a far distance through a fence is a different matter.
Old 09-16-2016, 04:49 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
I agree with everything you said, but those motorcycle pictures were technically taken off Kensington Palace property. They might complain as well about the recent pictures, PG waving his parents goodbye from behind KP gates, but I understand no british outlet has printed those pictures but they are shown on the internet and foreign outlets.

I understand the frustration of the british tabloids, this is about their very own future king but they are forbidden to print, of course its a money issue so foreign outlets will cash in since the interest will not go away, only increase.

The Canada trip is especially bad, while pictures of course are allowed to be shown in british media outlets, yet again the kids are paraded on foreign soil while at home there are lots of restrictions even at events as christenings.

Tags
prince george of cambridge, princess charlotte of cambridge