Prince George and Princess Charlotte, General News Part 3: May 2016-April 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine Kate is just doing what her own mother did, kiddies in the kitchen wise.

William wouldn't have been open to that, for all Diana did to make their (William and Harry's) lives as normal as possible, the kitchen was probably not a play area.

IIRC Diana did spend time with the boys in the kitchen

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Emily Nash @emynash
William and #Kate were given @WaveProject teddies for #PrinceGeorge and #PrincessCharlotte on the beach #minitour

https://twitter.com/emynash/status/771385520270213121

:D
Jane Leadbetter, Mayoress of Newquay, spoke to Kate about bringing Prince George and Princess Charlotte to the area.

"She said they would love it here, they do bring them down to Cornwall. They surf themselves.

“I can't remember where she said they surfed but it was two places here.”

Her husband Carl Leadbetter, Mayor of Newquay, who welcomed them to the beach, said: “It was absolutely thrilling. It was a delight.

“I welcomed them both to the town and said we are absolutely delighted they are visiting us.
Prince William and Kate Middleton reveal they take Charlotte and George for beach breaks to Cornwall - Mirror Online

I wonder if George will be starting school this year. Whilst most schools here in England went back this week (some even last week), some nurseries don't return until next week (my little cousin is the same age as George and he starts school on Monday). There haven't been any reports on George and school yet, so perhaps he will be starting next year instead. And I wonder if he will go to school in Norfolk or London?

He started nursery school last year. He should be returning now. The plan seems to be for them to be in London in 2017 where when George turns four he will start at the same school will went to at four, before he went yo Ludgrove.

I think George is quite cute but William was pudgy and not so pretty at his age. It was in his teens that Will grew inot a handsome young fellow and began to look more like his mother.

I always thought William was a much cuter baby and toddler.

'The Prince George and Princess Charlotte effect'

A children's footwear manufacturer is investing in new equipment and technology in a move which will create 11 jobs.

Michael Bolton and Sons has pledged to invest more than £100,000 upgrading its Oadby premises, with the support of a £38,000 grant from the N Brown Textiles Growth Programme.

Founded in 1952, Michael Bolton and Sons designs and makes children's shoes for the luxury retail market from its Leicester base.

Demand for the business's products spiked in 2014 when Prince George was spotted wearing the brand.

Sales were again boosted after Princess Charlotte wore the new line in photos released by Kensington Palace earlier this year.
Read more: Shoe firm to Princess Charlotte expands and creates jobs | Leicester Mercury

Prince George and Princess Charlotte favourite brands and clothing designers - Tatler

Last edited:
Since the kids' thread is momentarily closed, I will post here new pics of Prince George with his parents and nanny Maria. The pics have been taken at the disembarking of the family from the helicopter. Interestingly, the pics appears on the swedish tabloid Stoppa pressarna:

Lillprinsens gripande farväl till föräldrarna | Stoppa Pressarna – Kungligheter – Kungafamiljen – Svensk Damtidning – Prinsessan Madeleine – Kronprinsessan Victoria

Woo hoo, pictures of Lupo :D

Since the kids' thread is momentarily closed, I will post here new pics of Prince George with his parents and nanny Maria. The pics have been taken at the disembarking of the family from the helicopter. Interestingly, the pics appears on the swedish tabloid Stoppa pressarna:

Lillprinsens gripande farväl till föräldrarna | Stoppa Pressarna – Kungligheter – Kungafamiljen – Svensk Damtidning – Prinsessan Madeleine – Kronprinsessan Victoria

Some cute photos of George saying goodbye to his parents :flowers:

One of Australia's women's magazines published a few of these photos this week too Marty91charmed.

Nice to see Catherine wasn't worried about carrying Lupo while dressed up.

(The photos of Nanny Maria pushing Charlotte with George riding along on his scooter - that were on twitter last week - seem to have flown under most people's radar.)

Last edited:
Did Lupo try to follow W&K and then Kate carried him back to Nanny Maria and George ? I could quite tell what was up.

Some cute photos of George saying goodbye to his parents :flowers:

Yeah. At first I thought it was saying goodbye in occasion of their stay in Scotland but then it was pointed out these pics are a bit older and in reference to the Cambridges' visit in Cornawall.

One of Australia's women's magazines published a few of these photos this week too Marty91charmed.

Nice to see Catherine wasn't worried about carrying Lupo while dressed up.

(The photos of Nanny Maria pushing Charlotte with George riding along on his scooter - that were on twitter last week - seem to have flown under most people's radar.)

I was a bit amazed that a swedish tabloid ran the pics, but since UK tabs are banned I shouldn't have found it strange:lol:

George seemed to be crying,and nanny was comforting him. So cute.:flowers:

Last edited:
George and Charlotte went to Balmoral too. These are definitely from the trip to Cornwall at the beginning of the month. WK leaving on the helicopter with the same clothes were on Twitter at the time.

Why on earth do we need to see pictures of a little boy crying as he says goodbye to his parents? Pictures clearly taken from some considerable distance. It feels incredibly intrusive and wrong. I got a really uncomfortable feeling looking at them, like I was prying.

I was a bit amazed that a swedish tabloid ran the pics, but since UK tabs are banned I shouldn't have found it strange:lol:

Bans on photos of the Cambridge children being seen in the UK still seem to be in place Marty91charmed.

"The Guardian" is reporting that Catherine complained about the George on the police motobike photos from a little while back.

And Catherine won - the ruling was, it didn't serve the public interest to see George.

As a member of the public, I guess that means I'll have to stop taking an interest in PG.

Bye bye my future king.

Oh wait - I'm in Australia, so that's ok then. :lol:

(Can't post links from my tablet.)

Last edited:
The ruling was slightly more nuanced than that; there wasn't enough of a public interest to over-ride Catherine and George's reasonable expectation of privacy in that instance.

Jumping to "Brits now have to stop taking an interest in George" is quite a leap.

The ruling was slightly more nuanced than that; there wasn't enough of a public interest to over-ride Catherine and George's reasonable expectation of privacy in that instance.

Jumping to "Brits now have to stop taking an interest in George" is quite a leap.

Oh hel - please don't think I'm being serious when I post this - :lol:.

Bans on photos of the Cambridge children being seen in the UK still seem to be in place Marty91charmed.

"The Guardian" is reporting that Catherine complained about the George on the police motobike photos from a little while back.

And Catherine won - the ruling was, it didn't serve the public interest to see George.

As a member of the public, I guess that means I'll have to stop taking an interest in PG.

Bye bye my future king.

Prince George photos breached privacy, watchdog rules - BBC News

its their right to complain, I guess the UK mags tried their luck and lost.

For the pictures it makes no difference, they will be published anyway, only not in a UK outlet.

Ba

Bye bye my future king.

of course its not in the public interest for reporters and cameramen to intrude on the life of 2 small children liek Charlotte and George. They are tiny, they have a right to privacy until they are old enough to start doing engagemetns and their parents clealrly want to protect them. There are regular photocalls where K and William allow the release of photos of them, and IMO that's enough. I can't see why anyone would want to see loads of photos of 2 small children..

It's all very hypocritical from them. They will parade them around Canada and obviously not deem that an intrusion if their privacy. The only people they seem to have an issue with when it comes to getting a good look at their kids are the British. Also, they don't have the power to actually ban any publication from publishing anything if it's taken in a public place. The scooter pics of George were taken in a public park so why not print them? It's no different from the ones of him taken running around at the polo which were printed here. It's about time the British press stood up to them and their controlling ways.

It's all very hypocritical from them. They will parade them around Canada and obviously not deem that an intrusion if their privacy. The only people they seem to have an issue with when it comes to getting a good look at their kids are the British. Also, they don't have the power to actually ban any publication from publishing anything if it's taken in a public place. The scooter pics of George were taken in a public park so why not print them? It's no different from the ones of him taken running around at the polo which were printed here. It's about time the British press stood up to them and their controlling ways.

they are taking their children on an official tour, and probaby they will be seen breifly during that. I dont suppose that they are taking the childrene on engagements with them. They have released photos at various stages of the children's lives and IMO that is enogh. more than enough,.
I cant understand how anyone thinks they have a right to see pictures of litlte children, who are to young to understand what this is all about.
What do they do that's so fascinating anyway? THey look cute, or not. And that's it. So an occasional shot of them at Christmas, birthday, occasional public engagement.. and that IMO is quite as mcuh as hte public needs to see.

It is in the public interest though to see how the future King is interacting with his mother in my opinion.

The sterile photoshoots that William and Kate set up show him usually with no other human being or any real indication of where he is.

They need to understand that the public - over which he will one day reign - need to have a connection to him.

In the 1930s the Queen Mum understood that and had film released of the family. The Queen did the same thing - with Charles and Anne in particular from when they were younger than George is now - actual film footage of them was released of them with their parents. Diana and Charles did that with William as well.

George only seems to be allowed to be seen when overseas and never at home with his family - just an image of him sitting on stairs or standing near some wall ...

They need to arrange a few more shoots each year using a trusted single photographer who can take some decent footage that they can edit down to 30 seconds or so and so that public can connect.

If not then there will be more and more of these 'intrusions' as the courts may be able to control the British media but they can't control the media elsewhere - especially in the days of social media - and if William felt Diana was hounded - he ain't seen nothing yet as George will always be a target and the more they hide him the greater the demand will be.

Once he is at school it will be a lot harder to protect him - unless they are going to school him in something resembling a prison - BP comes to mind. On my recent trip this summer we were driving around London when we past a building and grounds some of the Americans on my coach asked the name of the prison was that we were passing given the high fences and barbed wire. They were taken aback to be told that we were passing the back of BP which from the back looked very prison-like.

Last edited:
Not really hypocritical. The difference is the knowledge that the pictures were taken. If I go to a movie premiere, a club opening etc, I know pictures are being taken. If I walk in a park, I don't. In this case, they were inside private property during private time. The pictures can be taken ofc, but the distributing of them is anotehr matter. And yes, they can't stop the press. That is why they went to the association that rules on ethics of the press. Media can choose to not agree to those guidlines, but then they don't get the benefits either. It's nothing odd about it. The people who ruled it agreed that there was no public gain from printing those pictures. It's hard because the pictures can be printed in a bunch of other countries, but that doesn't mean that the british press association should become less ethical. It is different from the polo because at the polo they know they are being photographed. When they are on their own grouds being photographed from a far distance through a fence is a different matter.

I agree with everything you said, but those motorcycle pictures were technically taken off Kensington Palace property. They might complain as well about the recent pictures, PG waving his parents goodbye from behind KP gates, but I understand no british outlet has printed those pictures but they are shown on the internet and foreign outlets.

I understand the frustration of the british tabloids, this is about their very own future king but they are forbidden to print, of course its a money issue so foreign outlets will cash in since the interest will not go away, only increase.

The Canada trip is especially bad, while pictures of course are allowed to be shown in british media outlets, yet again the kids are paraded on foreign soil while at home there are lots of restrictions even at events as christenings.

It is in the public interest though to see how the future King is interacting with his mother in my opinion.

The sterile photoshoots that William and Kate set up show him usually with no other human being or any real indication of where he is.

They need to understand that the public - over which he will one day reign - need to have a connection to him.

In the 1930s the Queen Mum understood that and had film released of the family. The Queen did the same thing - with Charles and Anne in particular from when they were younger than George is now - actual film footage of them was released of them with their parents. Diana and Charles did that with William as well.

George only seems to be allowed to be seen when overseas and never at home with his family - just an image of him sitting on stairs or standing near some wall ...

They need to arrange a few more shoots each year using a trusted single photographer who can take some decent footage that they can edit down to 30 seconds or so and so that public can connect.

If not then there will be more and more of these 'intrusions' as the courts may be able to control the British media but they can't control the media elsewhere - especially in the days of social media - and if William felt Diana was hounded - he ain't seen nothing yet as George will always be a target and the more they hide him the greater the demand will be.

Once he is at school it will be a lot harder to protect him - unless they are going to school him in something resembling a prison.
I agree with some of this. But no way in h-e-double hockey sticks will them filming a few clips hinder publication of off duty pictures.

The ruling wasn't even close. There were a number of breeches of the press code. The press watchdog found that

- George and Catherine were on private property

- They didn't know they were being photographed

- They were on personal time (not performing public duties)

- And there was no public interest in publishing the photos just for the sake of it. (George was only sitting on a scooter)

The media havre only themselves to blame when they get called on the carpet like this. They have created this situation.

I don't blame the Cambridges for being quick to push back for any little infraction. Considering the history of irresponsible behavior of said media, I'd be quick to act too if I were them.

It's one thing for the children to be photo'd while in public (although myself I don't think they should be unless they are at some event with their parents or a official photo call type thing), it's quite another for the sneaky long range cameras that intrude on everyday life.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom