The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-07-2016, 08:50 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Would be a great way to introduce him to more. I love how Victoria takes Estelle to events when they are child friendly, so she gets accustomed to the attention. But other than balcony at Trooping, Will and Kate seem to prefer keep their kids hidden except for released photos.
Just because Will and Kate don't trot out their children at every opportunity doesn't mean they are "hidden". As evident by the various pap photos and sightings, Kate is frequently out and about with them.

Also exposing children to the press does not guarantee that the child will become comfortable with it. William himself is a good example of that.

Old 07-07-2016, 09:17 PM
Heir Apparent

As if the BRF gives a fig what Victoria does with Estelle. Prince George is one of the most well adjusted royal children.

Just today, Catherine was saying George loves the museum and is a dab hand with a tennis racquet.

Prince George Is Already On His Way To Tennis Stardom | Vanity Fair

Old 07-07-2016, 09:27 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
At the age the Cambridge children are at, the most important thing is that they are able to be children. Adjusting to royal roles and getting used to facing the public and any of the other stuff really isn't a top priority right now. Both George and Charlotte's worlds are pretty much centered around themselves with the ones that they are the closest to always available. Its time to explore their world with wonder without any undue worries or stress.
Old 07-07-2016, 09:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Because he plays tennis, he is more well rounded then other royal kids

I didn't say hidden, like locked away in prison. I was referring to events. I was responding to a comment they should take him to the air event. I was simply stating that the couple don't seem to think that appropriate or needed right. Not sure why I am getting stoned, I know the rock piles form in rapid succession when anyone says anything remotely critical about these 2, but I said nothing critical. Simply stating a point, that we wont see him at the air show, as other than trooping, they don't see him ready for attending events.

It is fair to compare Estelle and George, they are only a year apart and Estelle started more than a year ago. Again nothing critical, nor did at any point did I say the Cambridges had to do the same. Simply that it would be nice to see. There is certainly a range of well adjusted royal children, who 'play tennis and go to museums' all across Europe. And they all had differing levels of exposure from a young age.

Certainly the one criticizing others would be saying George is 'more well rounded' then other royal children. Certainly seems a stab at other parents.
Old 07-07-2016, 09:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

How would we know if he is well adjusted ? I suppose everyone understands we are talking about a 3 year old so playing tennis means waving a little racquet around and sometimes it hits a ball.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 07-07-2016, 09:45 PM
Heir Apparent

My goodness, if I spent all my time commenting on royals I didn't like, there wouldn't be any time left in the day. I just let it go.

To each their own.
Old 07-07-2016, 09:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
At the age the Cambridge children are at, the most important thing is that they are able to be children. Adjusting to royal roles and getting used to facing the public and any of the other stuff really isn't a top priority right now. Both George and Charlotte's worlds are pretty much centered around themselves with the ones that they are the closest to always available. Its time to explore their world with wonder without any undue worries or stress.
I agree Osipi. IMHO a gradual introduction to their future roles is fine. The majority of the royal households have not expected very young children to be participating in events like the Swedish court. Estelle's involvement is an exception and not the rule. It appears to be working for them, but as far as I can tell most royal houses are not going to follow suit.

The current group of European young heirs to the throne: Amaila, Elisabeth, and Leonor were rarely seen at royal events when they were George and Charlotte's ages. Their parents opted to limit their exposure and these three young ladies appear to be very well-adjusted and comfortable with their new roles as their nations' heirs to the throne. I believe that the Cambridges will follow the example set by the other royal courts and William's parents.
Old 07-08-2016, 01:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince George and Princess Charlotte, General News Part 2: May 2016

Quote:

I didn't say hidden, like locked away in prison. I was referring to events. I was responding to a comment they should take him to the air event. I was simply stating that the couple don't seem to think that appropriate or needed right. Not sure why I am getting stoned, I know the rock piles form in rapid succession when anyone says anything remotely critical about these 2, but I said nothing critical. Simply stating a point, that we wont see him at the air show, as other than trooping, they don't see him ready for attending events.

It is fair to compare Estelle and George, they are only a year apart and Estelle started more than a year ago. Again nothing critical, nor did at any point did I say the Cambridges had to do the same. Simply that it would be nice to see. There is certainly a range of well adjusted royal children, who 'play tennis and go to museums' all across Europe. And they all had differing levels of exposure from a young age.

Certainly the one criticizing others would be saying George is 'more well rounded' then other royal children. Certainly seems a stab at other parents.
I'm definitely not trying to stone you, because I see where you're coming from and I completely agree that there's absolutely no reason to believe George is somehow more well rounded than other royal children in Europe.

I do disagree with the idea that we can compare him to Estelle - not because they're not close in age, or because Estelle is the exception to the rule (although, she is an exception; not many royal children in this age have the exposure she has), but because age aside they're not entirely in comparable situations. Estelle is the daughter of the heir apparent. She is second in line to the throne, and her parents are both full time, working royals. George is not. He's third in line, and his parents are not full time, working royals. What's more, is the type of royal stuff that his parents do tend not to be all that young child friendly, asides from Trooping.

That said, I do think the Cambridges should get a bit more credit in this regards than they're being given. I'm not going to get into the debate as to whether or not William and Kate should be doing more engagements (that has been hashed out very thoroughly in far better places than this thread to have it), but they have taken George to more than just the trooping. They've taken him to a handful of horse-related events where he's been able to play on the sidelines while his father's played polo. I think they're likely to do more of that in the future, with the scope expanding as Will and Kate take on more duties.

Long story short: I don't think George is being hidden so much as his parents aren't full time royals, so his exposure is still limited. That'll change as his parents take on more, but taking on more is going to be a gradual change (at least until William is the heir apparent himself).
Old 07-08-2016, 06:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince George is attending the air tattoo today with his parents.
Old 07-08-2016, 07:09 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:

Replying to your comment and supplying evidence to the contrary is hardly "stoning". Its a discussion board. People discuss things including other's opinions.
Old 07-08-2016, 07:24 AM
Courtier

Britain is not Sweden, one the Swedish press is respectable and two Sweden don't have the eye of the world on it.
Old 07-08-2016, 07:40 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by miche View Post
Britain is not Sweden, one the Swedish press is respectable and two Sweden don't have the eye of the world on it.
I don't think Princess Madeleine will agree with this statement having her young children photographed at close range in a restaurant.

Prince George just had his first official event with his parents, a step in the right direction.
Old 07-08-2016, 08:07 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I don't think Princess Madeleine will agree with this statement having her young children photographed at close range in a restaurant.

Prince George just had his first official event with his parents, a step in the right direction.
That was in london. It's mostly the public who takes a snap here and there and sell to magazines or post online. There is simply not the same market for pictures of the SRF as for the BRF. Two different beasts.
Old 07-08-2016, 08:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Technically, none of George outings have been official engagements because they weren't in the court circular. However, he has been visible.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 07-08-2016, 08:59 AM
Courtier

Yeah, he's been seen more than say the Spanish and the Dutch kids. I don't get why people say they hide him.
Old 07-08-2016, 12:23 PM
Administrator

As there is no need to discuss George's visit to the Air Tattoo in two separate threads, all posts regarding his appearance with his parents have been moved to http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ml#post1907363 .

Let's continue the discussion in one thread.

Thank you.

Old 07-08-2016, 12:25 PM
Courtier

I love the first picture of George with his thumps up! Soo cute. He looks more and more like William imo.
Old 07-08-2016, 12:32 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
As someone who participated in the discussion, I apologise. I was unaware of the effect this would have on you, I just found the discussion interesting. If I had known that you were frustrated by this discussion I wouldn't have participated. I didn't contribute massively and I often agree with your posts.
You don't need to apologize at all, as my message wasn't even directed at you. Really. It was only a general comment, as everytime a camera candid of George or Charlotte is posted, the discussion about paparazzi etc is brought up. And the whole thread runs in ciricles. But that's only my view, and I wasn't even mildy frustrated with the matter.
Old 07-08-2016, 01:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

As some of the other posters here have said, members must stop comparing George to Estelle and other royal children.

George is a member of a royal family of a major country (actually 3 major countries) and 13 smaller countries, and which is also the most famous family in the world with a monarch who is the head of the Commonwealth with a membership of 2 billion people.

The Dutch, Belgian, Swedish Danish and Norwegian royal children come from small countries, and no one outside their own countries (except Germany and perhaps Australia when it comes to the Danish children) know who they are.

And as they said on Swedish television when George was born in 2013, he's going to get a much tougher and demanding life than Estelle and therefore also a more private childhood, because of the huge media interest.
Old 07-08-2016, 04:57 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
You don't need to apologize at all, as my message wasn't even directed at you. Really. It was only a general comment, as everytime a camera candid of George or Charlotte is posted, the discussion about paparazzi etc is brought up. And the whole thread runs in ciricles. But that's only my view, and I wasn't even mildy frustrated with the matter.
I had gathered that your message was a general comment, though I did think that you were referring to the discussion which is why I wanted to confirm to you, but thank you for clearing things up.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank

Tags
prince george of cambridge, princess charlotte of cambridge