Prince George and Princess Charlotte, General News 2: May 2015 - May 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her first year hasn't finished yet and there ist already a resumee... :D

Oh, please don't get me wrong. Toddlers are as important persons as everybody else :) Of course one should celebrate a first birthday of a beloved child. But it's a matter of dimensions. The child probably enjoys guests from the extended family, some food, some presents and beeing the middle of all attention. And I agree in the point that Georgie can learn a lot.
But no toddler needs dozens of strangers as like the adult friends of her parents. One can do that, but this is not for the child but for the parents.

Other than the extended family, the 'parents' friends' at George's were his godparents. These are like extended family for many people. I have been to the first birthday of several friends' kids. I also have the distinct honor of being their 'honorary' aunt or uncle. Family is not always defined by the blood in your veins or a marriage license.

Zara, Oli Baker, Emilia all have young kids around 2. They are all George's godparents close friends of WK and in Zara's case family. Charlotte's godparents don't have any kids yet that I'm aware of. So the kids of George's godparents are probably common playmates of the Cambridge kids and potential birthday party attendees.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

It is really common in the states. And of course the star of the day never has any memories of it! :lol: But we goo and yuk it up because that's how we do it here. Silly pictures of the (often half naked) baby covered in the cake they destroy!
I don't know which is stranger about Americans - that we do this or that we assume the whole world does this. :cool::eek::ROFLMAO:

Really? Ho funny that even birthday party differ so much in different part of the world. :lol: In italy, generally speaking, toddler who turns 1 are celebrated in a low/normal key profile: a cake and a small dinner gatehring with granparents and maybe some friends.:flowers:

Really? Ho funny that even birthday party differ so much in different part of the world. :lol: In italy, generally speaking, toddler who turns 1 are celebrated in a low/normal key profile: a cake and a small dinner gatehring with granparents and maybe some friends.:flowers:

Something of that nature isn't uncommon in the US either.

It is obviously, and understandably, an important event for the parents and grandparents, so let them have their fun. It means nothing to the child at that age, but she will probably enjoy seeing her family having a good time.

I suspect that we will see a party for Charlotte that looks very similar to George's - the Middletons and Godparents. I am leaning towards them having at KP to make it easier for the Queen to come if she wanted plus Kate has engagements 2 days later in London. I wonder if Charles will go since he didn't make it to any of George's birthdays.

Indeed it would be marvelous if Prince Charles would be in attendance at his granddaughter's birthday party. Memories are made and it is always a blessing when a grandparent can be at a joyful event.

So cute. :wub:

Seems like Charlotte and George share the same nose and chubby cheeks.

She's a little darling! With the exception of blue eyes I think she resembles George.

Very cute little girl beautiful blue eyes

Prince George and Princess Charlotte, General News Part 1: May 2015

Tiny Lupo is in the background of the shot outside ??. Photobomb

Last edited:
For anyone who thinks royalty isn't a big deal in the UK, Charlotte's birthday pics were breaking news on the BBC

For anyone who thinks royalty isn't a big deal in the UK, Charlotte's birthday pics were breaking news on the BBC

I wouldn't use that as a benchmark to be honest, a lot can make BBC Breaking News. It's a sunday morning, and the biggest news we have today is the Leicester v Man U match later on. :whistling:

For instance bbc breaking news on the 27th April was - UK economy grew by 0.4% in the three months of 2016, official figures show.

Breaking implies important information, the death or birth of a royal, the loss of a plane etc.

Last edited:
I see some resemblance to Sarah Armstrong-Jones in her.

She's very like George in some ways (hardly a surprise).

She has a nose like George (William's) but her mouth is like Kate's (Carole's).....her eyes are more like Kate's shape. Very much like George in the face shape more wide/squarish (Michael M.)..will be interesting to see how she changes as she grows.

LaRae

Charlotte has turned into a very cute little girl! She wasn't like that before andh has changed so much! What a cupcake <3. Definitely a mini William to me...

They look like very professional photos Kate must have had some training etc to get this standard.

I swear, Catherine takes the best pictures of her children! Charlotte is very cute in these pics.

Sky News and Roya Nikkhah will be discussing Charlotte's birthday pics at 1:30 for anyone with access

I've said from her early photos she looks like the Queen and I'm not changing.

So cute! I ask myself if the children are always as traditionally dressed as seen on public photos. Nevertheless, that look ist adorable and the children too young to care about questions of fast changing fashions.

Btw, my favourite is the second pic with the blue hair clip. The way she looks forward :wub:

British Royal Children have never followed fashion trends. Very very traditional. I can't see these kids being different so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom