Prince George and Princess Charlotte, General News 2: May 2015 - May 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The photographs of Savannah, Isla and Louise were probably taken from several meters or hundreds of meters away with a telephoto lens.

None of the pictures show the children directly facing the camera.

The smaller children were probably unaware of the camera.

William and Catherine have moved to Norfollk and William is not a full time royal so expecting the Cambridge children to appear on the balcony because W&H appeared on the balcony is like comparing apples to socks.

William and Catherin have their own lives. They will chose when/if their children will attend public events. There is no need for William to replicate his childhood in photos using George and Charlotte.

As far as the Cambridge children, exactly how many times did William and Harry attend the Windsor Horse when they were Charlotte and George's age?

Last edited:
Of course, the photographers at the Trooping, horse show, Easter service or polo match, would love to see George, and later on Charlotte, but none of them would do anything to scare, harm or traumatize the kids. The kids are protected the entire time and press aren't anywhere near the kids.

Right, and I'm sure those are events that they'll start to attend at some point. But I think when it comes to deciding whether or not to bring the kids to an event there are two considerations: the impact on the child of being photographed at the time (which, of course, might not be much of anything at all), and the impact of having the photos published everywhere. As for the events themselves, of course I don't think the kids are in any danger, but whether or not they get scared or just a little anxious or neither really depends on the child (as we saw when William brought George to the hospital to see Charlotte: George seemed okay with being there in front of all the media, etc., but clearly he felt a bit more confident in his dad's arms than he did walking on his own). Then there's the factor of having the pictures published everywhere. Of course the natural inclination would be to think "if they show the kids off more often, the paparazzi will lay off" but there's the flip side that if they do show off the kids more, then photographers might become accustomed to them in the sense of not respecting limits. And I'm sure there are other factors/concerns I'm sure I'm not even aware of, but every royal child is going to have at least one parent who grew up royal (in this case, obviously, William), so I'm sure some of their decisions with regard to their kids is based in part on their own experiences.

Of course, the photographers at the Trooping, horse show, Easter service or polo match, would love to see George, and later on Charlotte, but none of them would do anything to scare, harm or traumatize the kids. The kids are protected the entire time and press aren't anywhere near the kids.

Those occasions are exactly the ones we should see pictures of them from. Its the family putting on the royal family "face" and that's something the kids will be growing up with all their lives and will need to adapt to. Its the following of these wee ones for every little "unseen" shot that needs to be curbed. You know what I mean, its like those shots they'd fall out of a tree for to just capture the latest dump that Lupo took because no one else has that picture. Then try to make green dollars selling said dump on Ebay or somewhere. It gets that crazy out there I think.

As far as the Cambridge children, exactly how many times did William and Harry attend the Windsor Horse when they were Charlotte and George's age?
I can't remember William and Harry attending the show as children, but I remember Beatrice being photographed there with her parents when she was very young.

A twitter account has posted that PG's foray to the Dersingham Playground was in the company of Nanny Maria, and not the Duchess of Cambridge.

With baby Princess Charlotte now in the mix, I can see that would not be unlikely.

And Uncle Harry has given another interview and said he would in years to come, encourage George and Charlotte to become involved with the Armed Forces.

Last edited:
A twitter account has posted that PG's foray to the Dersingham Playground was in the company of Nanny Maria, and not the Duchess of Cambridge.

With baby Princess Charlotte now in the mix, I can see that would not be unlikely.

And Uncle Harry has given another interview and said he would in years to come, encourage George and Charlotte to become involved with the Armed Forces.

Didn't it be that it used to be the heir, one for the military and one for the priesthood kind of thing?

I can see Charlotte going "plibbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbts" already.. Oh wait.. that's only gas.

Not a fair apples to orange comparison I am afraid.

First of all, they are considerably older than George and Charlotte. And when they were younger, although there was certainly an interest in Louise, James, Savannah and Isla is going to be NO WHERE the same amount of interest as if George and Charlotte appeared at the show.

The other thing is Peter Philips' children along with the Louise and James are private citizens. The press doesn't follow them around and after the Windsor Horse Show they can go home and that's it.

George and Charlotte will be in the spotlight until the day they die. I personally don't think its too much to ask to allow them to have their childhood before they're trotted out like circus animals for the satisfaction of the British press corps.

Royal reporter Rob Jobson caught up with Prince Harry at the Chelsea Flower Show, and the Prince told him that he would be seeing Princess Charlotte "maybe Tuesday, maybe Wednesday".

(Tuesday already half-gone here in Oz of course.)

Right, and I'm sure those are events that they'll start to attend at some point. But I think when it comes to deciding whether or not to bring the kids to an event there are two considerations: the impact on the child of being photographed at the time (which, of course, might not be much of anything at all), and the impact of having the photos published everywhere. As for the events themselves, of course I don't think the kids are in any danger, but whether or not they get scared or just a little anxious or neither really depends on the child (as we saw when William brought George to the hospital to see Charlotte: George seemed okay with being there in front of all the media, etc., but clearly he felt a bit more confident in his dad's arms than he did walking on his own). Then there's the factor of having the pictures published everywhere. Of course the natural inclination would be to think "if they show the kids off more often, the paparazzi will lay off" but there's the flip side that if they do show off the kids more, then photographers might become accustomed to them in the sense of not respecting limits. And I'm sure there are other factors/concerns I'm sure I'm not even aware of, but every royal child is going to have at least one parent who grew up royal (in this case, obviously, William), so I'm sure some of their decisions with regard to their kids is based in part on their own experiences.
:previous: Good post. All of today's royal parents have had their own experiences with the media when they were growing up. I'll trust their judgement as to how often their children should be photographed at different stages in their lives.:)

I was surprised by the amount of photographs of the Wessex and Phillips' children from Saturday to be honest, but it's always a pleasant surprise. The Windsor Horse Show is the time when the Wessex children are guaranteed to be photographed as they always attend with their parents. I think the breakthrough from the press for Edward and Sophie came in 2009 when it was suggested by the Queen that they allow their children to be photographed with them at the show for their 10th wedding anniversary. Since then Louise and James have been seen every year being photographed openly. They are also 100% aware of the cameras as there are several of them looking directly into the camera. Louise is looking at the camera here and Sophie is looking at the camera here with her bodyguard in tow. (pictures from DM article). The Phillips' girls are probably less aware of the cameras, although there were several photographers following them as there were photos from 10 or so press agencies of the girls playing. The photographers also can't be that far from them as you can see the pedestrians behind them looking at the group playing, probably wondering why they are being photographed by so many people.

I think Louise and James are both so relaxed around the cameras as they have been photographed for a while now and I am sure their parents have told them why they are being photographed. They are old enough now to know their Granny is and her importance and their "importance" by default. They are obviously aware of who their parents are as they have bodyguards with them on holidays as they were spotted playing with their parents' bodyguards last summer. I can't imagine any other children in their school have a two men accompany them on holidays!

Of course if and when George and Charlotte attend the Windsor Horse Show the attention will be huge, although I don't recall William and Harry attending the show that much as children. The York's and Phillips' children were seen a lot in the 80's and 90's, whereas I don't think the Wales' were big attenders.

Last edited:
^^^Good points Molly. The Wessexes chose to give Louise and James a very private life in their early years, but have become more comfortable with them being photographed at BRF in the past six years. Louise's most prominent role to date would be as a bridesmaid at her cousin's wedding.

Prince William is feeling the (wearying) effects of fatherhood.

The royal dad, 32, confessed to sleepless nights with two-week-old Princess Charlotte and a boisterous toddler in 22-month-old Prince George when he met members of the England women's soccer team, the Lionesses, on Wednesday.

"All the girls were asking how Princess Charlotte is and Prince George and whether they keep him up all night," Steph Houghton, captain of the team, tells PEOPLE.

Chatting with the players in the locker room, "He was saying he's obviously really enjoying being a father and Princess Charlotte is actually keeping him up – and probably why his eyes are looking a little bit tired," says Houghton, 27, who plays center half
More: Prince William: Princess Charlotte Doesn't Sleep : People.com

Princess Charlotte also received an England jersey as a gift.

Last edited:
Well, that's what all babies do: they don't sleep. He already said this about George. And what should a toddler do but running and moving around? No news

Exactly. He says what everyone says because the kids does what every kid does :p What else should he say? :p
Quite right... ask a stupid question, you will get a stupid answer LOL ! What is a little baby supposed to do ? Play bridge ????:whistling:

I don't they were stupid it's something everyone says to a new parent " getting any sleep?" No big deal

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

More: Prince William: Princess Charlotte Doesn't Sleep : People.com

Princess Charlotte also received an England jersey as a gift.

When I saw him holding up Charlotte's little jersey in the clip they showed during the Supper Hour News, all I could think of was, "The first of many gifts for the little Princess given to Mum or Dad during one of their Engagements." :D

And before I forget....

Thanks to all for the very kind comments about the Donation of Baby Hats I made to the NICU of Health Sciences North in Sudbury in Princess Charlotte's name. It's very much appreciated. However, I did mess up a wee bit...When I got home, I discovered there should have been two more hats donated as they were waiting for me on my bed. Oh well, what do you do except put them aside for next time I build up the stash again. Still couldn't believe I missed those though.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Very welcome news for many Royal watchers I think -

The "Sunday Times" has quoted a Royal aide as saying PG will be seen out with his parents more in coming months - that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge realise people have a "good-natured interest" in young Prince George.

Looking forward to the magazines to come.

(Sorry, can't link from my tablet.)

I think Kensington Palace must have been reading your posts Dman. :lol:

Last edited:
Very welcome news for many Royal watchers I think -

The "Sunday Times" has quoted a Royal aide as saying PG will be seen out with his parents more in coming months - that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge realise people have a "good-natured interest" in young Prince George.

Looking forward to the magazines to come.

(Sorry, can't link from my tablet.)

I think Kensington Palace must have been reading your posts Dman. :lol:

:ROFLMAO: probably! I just think it would be nice to see them as a family. Not trying to ruin their privacy or anything, but they are a beautiful family and they should be seen as such.

It's great that we'll get to see more of George officially. I'm a bit disappointed that we won't see Charlotte until her christening. I had suspected that they would release at least one first official photo like they did with George, but alas, I was wrong.

I wonder if this means that George will attend Trooping the Colour this year. How old were William and Harry when they first started to attend Trooping the Colour? I've read that Harry was round about two or three, but I'd need to double check that.

It's great that we'll get to see more of George officially. I'm a bit disappointed that we won't see Charlotte until her christening. I had suspected that they would release at least one first official photo like they did with George, but alas, I was wrong.

I wonder if this means that George will attend Trooping the Colour this year. How old were William and Harry when they first started to attend Trooping the Colour? I've read that Harry was round about two or three, but I'd need to double check that.

They will release a picture of Charlotte and they'll most likely pose as a family. The next pictures after that will be the Christening pictures.

William, Harry and other royal kids started to appear on the Buckingham Palace balcony when they were several months old. The Cambridge's will likely bring George out soon.

I don't know if I have missed an official notice that there will not be photos of Princess Charlotte but by my calculations it was 4 weeks after Prince George's birth that we had the family photos released.

Prince William's first appearance on the balcony after Trooping the Colour was June 1984 when his mother was pregnant with Harry, whose first appearance was June 1985.:)

Either one-watching the Trooping the Color with the family out on the balcony with little George, or a family pic with Charlotte would be nice to see. It seems like forever since Princess Charlotte was born! Only weeks........but they drag by!

Either one-watching the Trooping the Color with the family out on the balcony with little George, or a family pic with Charlotte would be nice to see. It seems like forever since Princess Charlotte was born! Only weeks........but they drag by!

We'll just have to wait and see what happens. It would be nice to see George at Trooping but I think I'd understand too if it was just Will and Kate. Time probably is not dragging by for the new parents with a newborn that needs attention and a very healthy and active almost 2 year old. They just might decide that Trooping the Color will be a mommy and daddy "time out" and enjoy the time with adults.

Prince George and Princess Charlotte, General News: May 2015

It would not shock me if they're waiting for next week and Charlotte being a month old to release that Family Portrait we're all waiting for. Wasn't it about that long between George's birth and the Family Portrait?

It's coming. We just need to be patient. :)

Just thought of something else...It's only been in the last week that Uncle Harry got to finally meet his little Niece. Maybe they were wanting that to have happened before releasing the Official Family Portrait?

I'm just guessing here, but it makes sense to me The Cambridges would want all the Family to meet that lil Sweetie before releasing that first Official Portrait to the World. :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Last edited:
You had Harry on tour and Charles and Camilla on tour. They don't cut publicity out from each other so no photos are going to be release until after tours are over. Daddy Wills was away doing engagements last week.

I am thinking the photos get taken this week and release in the Sunday papers to mark almost 1 month old Charlotte and Wills final part of flight training.

The first pictures of George that Mike Middleton took didn't really show us that much about George. It wasn't until the Christening that you started to see his features come in so the first Charlotte pictures are going to be more about Kate, George and Lupo than Charlotte who most likely with be just a head in a blanket.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom