Prince George and Princess Charlotte, General News 2: May 2015 - May 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just reading the excerpts from the article brought big chuckles. I'd definitely like to read the book but not overly sure I'd pay a lot of green dollars for it.

Vote for the biggest chuckle so far was calling Charles "Goonie". Priceless!

Someone please tell me why every item represeting Geroge turns out to be creepy...:eek:

Oh my gosh that's ready to star in thriller movie :eek:

I know some think the cake is creepy but I think it's adorable and the baker is very talented. It actually looks like George even down to the little pants that were too big for him. The baker should be very proud of his work.

I know some think the cake is creepy but I think it's adorable and the baker is very talented. It actually looks like George even down to the little pants that were too big for him. The baker should be very proud of his work.

Here, here! :flowers: I agree 100%. It's a pretty amazing sculpture (though I wouldn't eat it ;) ).

If you don't think it is intruding in the Royal youngsters' private lives you may wish to check out the photo of the personalised see-saw already delivered for George and Charlotte for Christmas.

There is a short article with details in the "Daily Mail/Mail Online" by Sebastian Shakespeare.

(And the Duchess is packing walnuts, in decorative bags, for the Anmer Hall staff.)

Last edited:

I agree. It is creepy. It's the eerie kind of creepy when something is lifelike but without life in it. But the talent of the creator is definitley there!

Ewwww! No! It's totally creepy.

It is food.

Food is created to be eaten.

Why create an item of food without intending that it be eaten?

Why create food in the shape of a human child? Especially the child of a prominent human family?

What are you supposed to do if you get that item on your table? You are supposed to eat it. Surely. So you cut off a limb, or its head. Or dig into its chest or abdomen. And scoop out the filling and eat it.

Really?

*dashes off into the corner to vomit*

Ewwwwwwww!

Ewwww! No! It's totally creepy.

It is food.

Food is created to be eaten.

Why create an item of food without intending that it be eaten?

Why create food in the shape of a human child? Especially the child of a prominent human family?

What are you supposed to do if you get that item on your table? You are supposed to eat it. Surely. So you cut off a limb, or its head. Or dig into its chest or abdomen. And scoop out the filling and eat it.

Really?

*dashes off into the corner to vomit*

Ewwwwwwww!
I see your point. But I think this kind of food is not created to be eaten, more as a show of talent. As a unique form of "sculpting material".

Add me to the 'it's creepy' group. Even though the baker may be talented, I never understood the point of making cakes shaped as humans. It's just wrong somehow. And the likeness looks as if it's ready to go on a stabbing rampage. Yeah, no thanks...

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Well, this is really very creepy. "George the cake" looks like a child monster and I do not know, but it gives me cannibalism vibes. Cakes are made for eating and this ... no comment.

The cake looks very unappetising both on the outside and inside - I don't suppose they used royal icing, I'd eat that bit.

The Way Ahead machine

We're all basically familiar with the concept of the British Royal Family's Way Ahead committee and how they painstakingly plan ahead for the future. Now, if you thought George on the cake was creepy, scientists have come up with a program to show how George (and Charlotte) will look at various ages in their lives. :D

Prince George's future face predicted by scientists | AOL Features

We're all basically familiar with the concept of the British Royal Family's Way Ahead committee and how they painstakingly plan ahead for the future. Now, if you thought George on the cake was creepy, scientists have come up with a program to show how George (and Charlotte) will look at various ages in their lives. :D

Oh dear, I think they need to do some work on their technology. I see no age progression of the same face, just random snaps of completely different people of different ages!

Oh dear, I think they need to do some work on their technology. I see no age progression of the same face, just random snaps of completely different people of different ages!

Totally agree. The picture of "George" at 20(?) looks more like a picture of William. They seem to have left out any of his features that so strongly resemble Michael Middleton. Even George's eyebrow shape, which does not change much from child to adult looks nothing like today. As to Charlotte, rather ridiculous since no one has seen much of her except a very young baby face. Then, of course as a grown up age she suddenly has a lighter version of her mother's eyebrows. Yes indeed, much more work needs to be done. It looks much more like someone has gotten busy with their colored pencils. :lol:

:previous:

I've seen better mugshots cobbled together on Crimewatch in the 1980s.

I definitely think that the grandparents' features should be considered too as well as the parents. Only now that I am in my 40s have I recognised features of both my grandfathers in my face.

I'm quite sure that the darker features of the Middletons will be there somewhere, but George and Charlotte are so young, anything could happen.

They did the same when William was born... Would love to see those now and how accurate they were

A lot of William in the projections, but a very cute little kid for sure. :flowers: I think the picture at 20 is very unrealistically like William, but the one at 40 is scrumptious!

Based on the pics of PG, I think he is definately an old soul. He always looks like he is thinking way older than his years, and analyzing everything around him.

In 2012,
This is what a British Firm, Morphthing, thought a son or a daughter of William and Catherine would resemble. They updated the pictures in 2014.

Son 2012 Morphthing
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/12/04/article-2242694-16557C56000005DC-739_306x423.jpg

2014 son Morphthing
https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=e630eb248e9b52aa814fed063bbadbe1&oe=56C1F8B9

daughter 2012 Morphthing
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/12/04/article-2242694-16557BDA000005DC-220_306x423.jpg

daughter 2014 Morthing
https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=2a4168d33a04c6cac21c491f77ba26e0&oe=56EDD9B6

In 2012, this is what an American, Joe Mullins, thought a son or a daughter of William and Catherine would resemble.

son
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/12/04/article-2242694-16553684000005DC-371_306x422.jpg

daughter
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/12/04/article-2242694-1655395C000005DC-664_306x422.jpg

Both predicted blue eyes for George.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2242694/Is-royal-baby-look-like-Forensic-artist-

Last edited:
Well, none of those picture look like toddler George today. You have a ton of photos from the Royal side, plus a fair number of Diana at various ages but there is only a handful of Kate pictures and little to none of Carole and Mike at different ages so this projections of looks are probably skewed towards William's side of the family. However, George isn't a mini William in looks. There are definitely some Grandpa Mike features in him.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom