Prince George and Princess Charlotte, General News Part 3: May 2016-April 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JessRulz

Former Administrator
City
Melbourne
Country
Australia
UK_zps6c589394.png

Arms of The British Monarchy

Welcome to Prince George and Princess Charlotte's
General News, Part Three

Commencing May 8, 2016

The previous thread can be found here.
Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

Last edited:
I think Princess Charlotte looks just like her brother. Except for coloring I would have mistaken her picture for a picture of George. :flowers: Very cute. Middleton genes dominate methinks.

Without children of his own, Harry knows George is his meal ticket :lol:

Why would George refer to Harry as Prince Harry to his parents ? I can see the Obamas referring to him as Prince Harry but not his own family - he is just Harry or in George's case Uncle Harry like in the quotes from Mrs Obama

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I like how Mrs. Obama made it known that Prince George wanted to know why his Uncle was on his best behavior. He may look like a baby, but he's very advanced.

Without children of his own, Harry knows George is his meal ticket :lol:

Why would George be Harry's meal ticket? Harry is one of the most eligible men in the world, and one of the most popular royals. He led in a recent poll.

Harry hasn't given an interview in the past week without name dropping Prince George.

Hazza is fifth in line now. He needs to stay on George's good side :lol:

:previous: Maybe it isn't "name-dropping" so much as it is that Harry is a proud uncle and loves George and thinks he is cute .... just like a lot of uncles out there. I don't think Harry "needs" George, he seems to get a lot of attention on his own.

Royal babies and toddlers are at the top of the list when it comes to attention. George being the third in line to the throne is even better.

Anyone mentioning Prince George is going to get attention from it, even Harry.

Plus if Harry lives a long life, George could very well be his king, so Harry must stay on his good side

:previous: Maybe it isn't "name-dropping" so much as it is that Harry is a proud uncle and loves George and thinks he is cute .... just like a lot of uncles out there. I don't think Harry "needs" George, he seems to get a lot of attention on his own.

Your statement is the one that makes the most sense to me. It is pretty obvious that Harry and George interact enough for George to notice and remark "why is Uncle Harry being so quiet?". We all know how Harry can be such a big kid himself with children and I imagine Harry and George spend many happy hours together just being silly. :D

OMG no one is anyone else's meal ticket in this situation. They are family, and George is a toddler, so reporters are going to ask Harry and everyone else about him.

How is Harry name dropping :ohmy: He was asked questions about the kids, he didn't bring them up. :bang: Name dropping would be if he out of the blue brought up the kids or his mother. Is he supposed to refuse to answer questions about them :ermm:

This thread isn't about Harry, so let's get back to discussing George and Charlotte.

This thread isn't about Harry, so let's get back to discussing George and Charlotte.

Yes, please, back to George and Charlotte. Thread was getting a little weird.

I suppose we will be seeing George again at his birthday. Hopefully, before but then, for sure.

Your statement is the one that makes the most sense to me. It is pretty obvious that Harry and George interact enough for George to notice and remark "why is Uncle Harry being so quiet?". We all know how Harry can be such a big kid himself with children and I imagine Harry and George spend many happy hours together just being silly. :D

It appears that George will have wonderful memories of rough housing with his uncle Harry.:)

Hopefully not. It is to celebrate the Queen's 90th and a surprise for Prince Philip's 95th.:lol:

No George, unless there is Mia. Equal opportunity.:lol:

George can have his 3rd birthday in July no need to crowd the Queen's and Philip's birthday.

Mia is not going to be King. Big difference.

:previous: Since when is the balcony for trooping been reserved to the heir to the throne :bang: It's a family event last I looked, extended family like the queen's cousins and their grandkids often appear. So its not a stretch to think other great-grandkids would be involved.

I think we now have confirmation that George is 'naughty' because he can out the adults.

I thought he would tattle on Mummy and Daddy but apparently his target is Harry. :lol::lol:

You cannot trust those toddlers.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

George said 'Uncle Harry, why are you so quiet? Why are you so quiet?'"

Harry said "so embarrassing".:D

Hopefully not. It is to celebrate the Queen's 90th and a surprise for Prince Philip's 95th.:lol:

No George, unless there is Mia. Equal opportunity.:lol:

George can have his 3rd birthday in July no need to crowd the Queen's and Philip's birthday.

Once again, this is an apples and oranges situation. George is a royal and in the direct line to the throne. His parents attend the Trooping almost every year, his father having an active part, and he attended last year. It's reasonable to assume that George is likely to attend this year (although I doubt Charlotte will).

Mia is not a royal, is not the child of a royal, and is not in the direct line to the throne. Her parents do not attend the Trooping every year, I think it's been a few years since either attended at all. It's not really reasonable to expect Mia to attend this year.

People keep on acting like there's this affront to the Queen's other great-grandchildren when attention is paid to George and Charlotte, but not Savannah, Isla, or Mia, but people have to remember that Peter and Zara are not royals, nor are their children, and especially in the case of Peter they lead primarily private lives. As such, their children are private individuals in a way that George and Charlotte will never be - and the Queen respects that.

With the church service, trooping and lunch on the mall, maybe the Tindalls and Phillips will be on the balcony. There are plenty of Kents & Taylors who are further down the line of succession on balcony. George is going to be on that balcony for the rest of his life, as will his parents. Not the same scenario for the Tindalls and Phillips.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

:previous: Since when is the balcony for trooping been reserved to the heir to the throne :bang: It's a family event last I looked, extended family like the queen's cousins and their grandkids often appear. So its not a stretch to think other great-grandkids would be involved.

You miss the point. I respnded specifically to QC's comment.

I am sorry I don't see how I did. :previous: QC said Mia had equal right to be on the balcony as George. You pointed out that was false, because George is the future king. Since when has that ever been a deciding factor? The Mowatt children regularilly appear, and they are how many generations removed, as the great-great grandchildren of George V.

Folks, yes we will see George on the balcony for the trooping this year. The question is will we see Charlotte?

I am sorry I don't see how I did. :previous: QC said Mia had equal right to be on the balcony as George. You pointed out that was false, because George is the future king. Since when has that ever been a deciding factor? The Mowatt children regularilly appear, and they are how many generations removed, as the great-great grandchildren of George V.

Has nothing to do with equal rights. Has to do with their positions within the monarchy. You would expect to see a future King there...a minor non-royal is not likely to be expected to appear.

Interesting. I didn't realize that Mia was further down the line then the Moffats, Taylors, Lewis and other members who are seen at trooping. Thanks for clearing that up, that only more senior royals are expected to be on the balcony:flowers: Clearly Mia is too far removed.

Folks, yes we will see George on the balcony for the trooping this year. The question is will we see Charlotte?

I doubt it. George didn't attend until last year when he was nearly 2. Charlotte is only 1.

There is a large family meal for the family after Trooping. For them, there is a familial celebration element. Hence the presence of all kinds of children from the family.
JMO, but children on the balcony bring life and a kind of hope for the future to the images of the family on the balcony. They elevate the photos. Plus, the kids get to look at that wonderful fly-by!
Oops - and I just realized we are off topic!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom