Prince George and Princess Charlotte, General News 2: May 2015 - May 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JessRulz

Former Administrator
City
Melbourne
Country
Australia
UK_zps6c589394.png

Arms of The British Monarchy

Welcome to Prince George and Princess Charlotte's
General News, Part Two

Commencing May 10, 2015

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

Last edited:

I refuse to click on the link since it's The Mail - haven't visited their cesspool since 2012. So my comment is just in relation to the headline.

A childhood like Diana's? Diana had a miserable childhood. I can only imagine the article to be a passive-agressive swipe at William where they will hint about parental dysfunction being passed down multiple generations.

Last edited by a moderator:
I read the link and again, the Mail gets basic facts on record wrong because no one there cares about fact checking. Article says Diana is buried at Park House... Which is totally wrong. She's at Althorp, Park House was her home before her father became Earl.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I think the years at Park House on the Sandringham estate where Diana spent the earliest years of her life were during the happy times before the separation and subsequent divorce of her parents. Quiet, country living seems to be what the Cambridges' prefer and Anmer Hall is ideal for them especially with two very young children.

I'm glad they're getting a few years to just live, work and raise a family for the most part. The busy, busy life of their royal roles loom in the future so I have to believe that they're going to treasure these times in relative peace and quiet and make memories with their children and of course, Lupo.

ETA: I noticed that they stated Diana was buried at Park House too but down in the article, it states she is buried at Althorp. Someone probably was in a rush setting the headlines to get out the door and wasn't paying very good attention. But then again, that's why we call 'em the Daily Fail.

Last edited:
They also say that Anmer is two miles from Sandrigham in one part and then another paragraph down it says three miles.

Such a trashy tabloid.

They also say that Anmer is two miles from Sandrigham in one part and then another paragraph down it says three miles.

Such a trashy tabloid.

The article is indeed poorly written, but my understanding of what I read was that Park House is 1/2 a mile from Sandringham and 3 miles from Amner and that Amner is 2 miles from Sandringham. Which still doesn't add up.

The article is indeed poorly written, but my understanding of what I read was that Park House is 1/2 a mile from Sandringham and 3 miles from Amner and that Amner is 2 miles from Sandringham. Which still doesn't add up.

It could be a triangle, not a straight line.

Here is a screen snip of the Sandringham area. Park House is at far left and is a hotel now. Sandringham is at the right of Park House. And Anmer is at far right X where King's lane swings up and around the property and becomes "The Square"

See the attachment.

Attachments

• anmer.jpg
    anmer.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 472
Here is a screen snip of the Sandringham area. Park House is at far left and is a hotel now. Sandringham is at the right of Park House. And Anmer is at far right X where King's lane swings up and around the property and becomes "The Square"

See the attachment.

See! Triangle!

See the attachment.

Lovely to have some distance from the main house/people.

LaRae

Jessica Hay is being quoted by "New Idea" as saying the Duchess of Cambridge has bought a "Phil & Teds Vibe" buggy - for seating Prince George and Princess Charlotte at the same time.

And the Bose sound system will again be playing the sound of crashing waves in the nursery. This was the only thing that settled PG in his baby days.

Jessica Hay is being quoted by "New Idea" as saying the Duchess of Cambridge has bought a "Phil & Teds Vibe" buggy - for seating Prince George and Princess Charlotte at the same time.

And the Bose sound system will again be playing the sound of crashing waves in the nursery. This was the only thing that settled PG in his baby days.

Look forward to seeing that. :flowers:

Has the date for the christening been announced yet?

Look forward to seeing that. :flowers:

Has the date for the christening been announced yet?

Nothing official that I've seen Lady Nimue - though several articles have reported it's expected before the Queen leaves for her summer holiday.

I guess that is still some time off though, as there are all those Royal summer things to do first - Chelsea Flower Show, Ascot, Trooping of the Colour, Buckingham Palace Garden Parties etc.

In his New Zealand interview Uncle Harry said he missed the coverage of Princess Charlotte's birth - but that his brother Prince William sent him two photos.

One, before anyone else saw her, and then another at Kensington Palace with Prince George.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, imagine if those photos would have been leaked or hacked...

I'd say they have top of the line security for their phones nowdays.

LaRae

In his New Zealand interview Uncle Harry said he missed the coverage of Princess Charlotte's birth - but that his brother Prince William sent him two photos.

One, before anyone else saw her, and then another at Kensington Palace with Prince George.

Sun Lion, when I heard him, I thought he meant that he does not read the press coverage about family "stuff." I'd totally understand that.

I figured William and Catherine would've sent Harry some personal pictures before hand.

I think Harry will visit Anmer very quickly after he comes home. George is getting to the age where he would enjoy rough housing, rolling around, throwing a ball etc. He and Uncle Harry probably really enjoy each other's company!

I'd say they have top of the line security for their phones nowdays.

Unfortunately, as shown here in the US, even the White House, the Pentagon and the CIA can be hacked.

Prince George has a phone? Or did I miss something earlier in this thread?

It is 2015... Toddlers can operate I phones and I heard of one somehow buying games from Amazon so why not ;)

There are twins of six months old in my family and already they make a grab for adult's mobile phones lying nearby.

Kind of random, but after seeing the title of this new thread it strikes me how well the names George and Charlotte sound together. They fit better than some of the other top contenders that were being thrown around - George and Alice, George and Eleanor, etc. don't really have the same ring to them ,IMO.

I agree with the previous posts that nothing short of daily photos of George and Charlotte will lessen the efforts of the paparazzi.

And we are part of the problem - we all rush to buy the latest photo of the children.

“Canadians were delighted on May 2, 2015, to learn of the highly-anticipated birth of Princess Charlotte, the second child of Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

“To mark this wonderful occasion, the Government of Canada is pleased to announce a $100,000 donation to Immunize Canada. This child-focused charity is dedicated to promoting the understanding and use of life-saving vaccines to help ensure children across Canada get the best start in life.

Canadians recognize that the Royal Family has always been engaged and conscientious when it comes to the health and well-being of Canadian children. It is therefore fitting that this tradition be continued by providing a donation in the name of Princess Charlotte to help promote protection for children across our great country.

“A Canadian-made snowsuit, reflective of our country’s identity as a northern country, will also be offered by the Government of Canada to Princess Charlotte.

“On behalf of all Canadians, Laureen and I would like to offer our heartfelt congratulations and very best wishes to the happy family on the arrival of their second child.”
Statement by the Prime Minister of Canada announcing charitable donation to mark the birth of Her Royal Highness Princess Charlotte of Cambridge | Prime Minister of Canada

"Yes, we love to have another girl"- the Queen about baby Princess Charlotte at yesterday's first Buckingham Palace Garden Party of the season.

P.S. So Princess Charlotte is to be sent a "Bobbie Bear" by the Tasmanian Government.

Never heard of "Bobbie"?

He is so famous throughout Asia, there is a mega trade in counterfeits of him.

His home at the "Bridestowe Lavendar Farm", in Northern Tassie, has become a tourist mecca for young Asian tourists.

And maybe one day Princess Charlotte's photo may be added to the celebrity wall with all the other famous "Bobbie" owners.

Last edited:
"Yes, we love to have another girl"- the Queen about baby Princess Charlotte at yesterday's first Buckingham Palace Garden Party of the season.

P.S. So Princess Charlotte is to be sent a "Bobbie Bear" by the Tasmanian Government.

Never heard of "Bobbie"?

He is so famous throughout Asia, there is a mega trade in counterfeits of him.

His home at the "Bridestowe Lavendar Farm", in Northern Tassie, has become a tourist mecca for young Asian tourists.

And maybe one day Princess Charlotte's photo may be added to the celebrity wall with all the other famous "Bobbie" owners.

Lovely quote from the queen! To me she is implying that Charlotte is another girl in the family to join Savannah, Isla and Mia.

Maybe they can all be 'grannies girls'in a few years like Louise is now... Helping with flowers and riding with her and such- how cute would that be!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom