Baby Cambridge: Potential Names and Godparents

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren

Administrator in Memoriam
City
Sydney
Country
Australia
BabyCambridge275x250.png

Welcome to the thread

Baby Cambridge: Potential Names and Godparents

for the first-born child of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

Please note that all posts relating to Baby Cambridge general musings and suggestions
should be posted in the 'Musings and Suggestions' thread.

Enjoy, and thanks!

Warren, wbenson and Zonk
British Forum Moderators

Last edited:
wow that was quick with the new thread:flowers:
If its girl, I hope they dont name her Diana as a first name (too many cons IMO). As one of the middle names yes.

If its a boy, Alexander or Arthur :)

I hope they step away from the usual names the BRF uses and pick a new but still beautiful name. Sebastian makes a nice choice for a boy imo. Isabella or Charlotte for a girl.

I hope they go through every name and put King or Queen in front of it, and if it sounds stupid they forget it. And no Diana, please no.

I love these threads!

I really hope Charlotte or Arthur make a presence in the child's names.

As for Godparents, I imagine they will repay some of William's friends who he has a godfather to their children. I also really hope Sophie is one of the godparents, as she has appeared to be a great help to Catherine and they both look like they get on very well.

I hope they go through every name and put King or Queen in front of it, and if it sounds stupid they forget it. And no Diana, please no.

I am right there with you, although I think Diana will be in the name somewhere. Seeing how William gave Kate his mom's ring, I am sure he will opt for her name to be included.

Molly2101 said:
I love these threads!

I really hope Charlotte or Arthur make a presence in the child's names.

As for Godparents, I imagine they will repay some of William's friends who he has a godfather to their children. I also really hope Sophie is one of the godparents, as she has appeared to be a great help to Catherine and they both look like they get on very well.

Arthur definitely needs to make an appearance, I would love Henry to have a boy named Arthur. Henry and Arthur. ;)

I don't think they will saddle the child with the name Diana -- too much baggage. However, I have always thought they would include Diana's middle name -- Frances -- as one of the names. That way they honor the child's grandmother and great-grandmother at the same time. I wouldn't be surprised if the child is names Elizabeth (also Kate's middle name) or Victoria. So here are my "guesses":

Elizabeth Frances Catherine Victoria
Victoria Elizabeth Catherine Frances
Longshot: Charlotte Victoria Elizabeth Frances

I'm so happy :flowers::flowers: Seems like I am the one who is pregnant :p

For a girl Victoria? I don't think they'll call her Diana, but who know...
And for a boy Philip or Arthur!

The godparents: I'd like to see Sophie as godmother and sir Van Cutsem as his/her godfather :) (please no Pippa!)

I like Elizabeth,Louise,Alice or Charlotte for a girl ,not sure on a boys name yet I can't see them using Philip/Edward or Charles .

Victoria or Elizabeth for a girl.
George or Edward for a boy

Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Carole Diana
Prince Philip Michael Henry Charles

As godparents I see HRH Prince Harry of Wales, Philippa Middleton, Hugh van Cutsem, one friend of Catherine, HRH Prince Pavlos of Greece and Denmark.

Charlotte or Caroline for a girl, with Frances as a middle name/nod to Diana...

I like George for a boy... Is Christian a possible BRF name? I like that too.

I don't think they will saddle the child with the name Diana -- too much baggage. However, I have always thought they would include Diana's middle name -- Frances -- as one of the names. That way they honor the child's grandmother and great-grandmother at the same time. I wouldn't be surprised if the child is names Elizabeth (also Kate's middle name) or Victoria. So here are my "guesses":

Elizabeth Frances Catherine Victoria
Victoria Elizabeth Catherine Frances
Longshot: Charlotte Victoria Elizabeth Frances

Hmm ... I just noticed that I didn't propose any male names. Perhaps I'm psychic??? Oh, well ... here are my picks for little boys:

Philip Charles Arthur George
Arthur William Charles Philip
George William Michael Philip

For girl: Elizabeth Diana Victoria
For boy: Henry Charles Philip

As goodparents:
Prince Harry, Michael Middleton, Pippa Middleton, Hugh and Rose van Cutsem

Well, I think very traditional names will be used, but I do agree with some of the others that it would be nice for there to be one or two more unusual names used too.
For a girl, I think the first two names will be Victoria Elizabeth and for a boy, I think it would be Albert George (if so, he would undoubtably be nick-named Bertie in sone quarters!).
I imagine over the next few months I will change my mind!

With regard to Godparents, I think it would be nice if Zara or Peter were amongst them.

Charlotte or Caroline for a girl, with Frances as a middle name/nod to Diana...

I like George for a boy... Is Christian a possible BRF name? I like that too.

Yes, Christian could be used - th Duke of York is Andrew Albert Christian Edward.

I hope they go a little more outside the box than Victoria or Elizabeth. Perhaps Alexandra or Charlotte. I am one of the few that wouldn't even mind Diana.

How about Alexandra Elizabeth and Alexander Charles? Or maybe James Michael Arthur and Isabella Mary Elizabeth? There are soooo many names to choose from but it should maybe be something that honors not only the royals of the past but present family like Gabriella, Phillipa, Caroline. Just a thought. :britflag:

strangely - royal girls names tend to only have 3 names (does anyone know why? )

Girl - Elizabeth Alexandra Frances
Boy - Philip Arthur Henry Charles

If the first born is a girl and a future monarch, I think the Princess Royal would be a wonderful Godmother and a great resource for the daughther. She is the last female working Royal blood Princess. She was witness and perhaps a confidente in later years to her mother and able to share a perspective of being a strong royal female.

the rest will probably be the usual suspects....
Harry, Pippa, maybe Peter Philips, it would be nice to have another royal connection - maybe Victoria of Sweden, another female royal born to the throne.

I've no idea about names. I'll have to think on it for awhile.

For godparents: Harry of course, Peter and Zara and maybe Beatrice or Eugenie would be lovely.

King Constantine II is 1 of William's godparents and Williams is godfather to Crown Prince Pavlos' son. So maybe a member the Greek royal family will be invited to be a godparent. It would be a continue nod to
Prince Philip's royal house.

Last edited:
Ugh, finally, I've been wanting to speculate on names forever, haha.

Girl:
Charlotte Elizabeth Diana Carole
Victoria Elizabeth Alice Francis

Boy:
George Philip Michael Charles
Philip Arthur Michael Charles

As for godparents... obviously Harry and Pippa. Perhaps Peter and one of Catherine's friends.

A girl: Jane Frances Elizabeth or Marie Diana Elizabeth

Boy: George Phillip Arthur or Alexander Charles James

God Parents probably Harry and Pippa

I think the future heir, either male or female, will have a traditional name.
What concerns future Godparents, I have no doubts about Harry, Pippa and Count and Countess of Wessex. Maybe in the list will be included Peter or Zara Phillips.

I would bet everything that they won´t chose Diana as the first name,but they are going to honour her either by taking Diana or Frances as second name.So I expect something with Elizabeth Carole Diana/Frances in it,though I´m sure they are going to surprise us with the first name.

For a boy I feel certain they will include George Philip Charles...Arthur would be a great first name:)

I just hope they choose something that´s not too long so it won´t be changed like Catherine->Kate (eventhough "Catherine sounds so much more sophisticated I also say "Kate" because everybody is using it that way)

Last edited:
I'm assuming there will be at least one royal godparent.

I would assume that if there was any foreign royal godparent it would be one of the Greeks, most likely Crown Prince Pavlos. They just don't seem to know the other royals well enough and I don't see them giving their child godparents that they aren't close to.

I agree, but I can see it being from the Greek family. Among the British Royals, I can see Harry definitely being a godparent and likely The Countess of Wessex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom