Possible Names for the 2nd Child of the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wymanda

Royal Highness
City
Perth
Country
Australia
Here we go again!

BOY

Phillip James Michael Jonathon

Alexander Charles Michael William

GIRL

Alexandra Elizabeth Mary Caroline

Elizabeth Caroline Frances Alice

For a girl:

Diana Catherine Elizabeth

For a boy:

Michael Phillip John

If it's a girl, the public will expect Diana to be one of the names, that's for sure.

I think perhaps Victoria Diana Mary.

A boy might be Phillip Michael Charles.

I agree, a Girl at least will have the Name Diana included.
It even may be the first Name, as this Baby is in line to the throne, but not the heiress (i.e. no Problems with the Queen any more ;-)).

BYe Bine

Prince Frederick Arthur Philip of Cambridge
Princess Elizabeth Frances Diana of Cambridge

Godparents:
HRH Prince Henry of Wales
Hugh van Cutsem
James Middleton
Emily Jane McCorquodale
Claire van Straubenzee

For a Princess : Elizabeth Charlotte Diana
For another little Prince : Philip Charles Henry

Okay, here we go:

Boy: Jasper William Thomas (a hint to Jasper Tudor)
Girl: Charlotte Diana Elizabeth (Charlotte has already occured as a name in the family tree)

Prince Albert of Cambridge for a boy and Princess Elizabeth of Cambridge for a girl.

Prince Albert Charles Phillip and Princess Mary Elizabeth Carole.

If it is a girl I hope that they use either Alexandria or/.and Victoria

Princess Elizabeth Charlotte Amelia or
Prince Alfie Jacob Arthur of Cambridge
are my guesses.

I do not think, they will use Michael, Charles, Carole/Caroline or Diana, as they did not used their parent's names with Prince George. And also Philippa, James, Henry/Harry, Beatrice, Louise, Edward, Sophie will not be included.

I think we need to look back to ancestors and relatives living in the 19th or early 20th century. I also think Victoria, Mary, Alice, Helena, Charlotte, Amelia, Matilda, Albert, Alfred/Alfie, Leopold, Maurice, Victor, Frederick could be possible.

Last edited:
For a boy I like Philip, Nicholas, or Frederik, and Elizabeth (or Isabella if they want to be a little original), Charlotte, Victoria, or Sophia for a girl. I hope they honor Diana by using her middle name in ine form or another. That way the tribute is there, but in a more subtle way.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I think (I hope :lol:) it's a girl.

Boy:

HRH Prince Arthur Philip Charles of Cambridge.

Girl:

HRH Princess Eleanor Elizabeth Charlotte of Cambridge.

It's too early but I'll try: (I think it will be another boy)

Boy: Albert James Arthur

Girl: Alexandra Elizabeth Charlotte

I hope for a girl, but no name guessed. No repeat godparents from George either, each child should have their own godparents.

There's no way a girl won't have something of Diana's name in it.

LaRae

I'm predicting a boy.

My 2012 predictions were:
George Francis Edmund Charles (1st son)
Alexander Frederick William James (2nd son)

Since they used Alexander as a middle name for George it is probable they will not name the 2nd son Alexander but maybe... and since George was only given 3 names, baby number 2 will probably be given only 3 names.

In July 2013, I selected:
Alexander Phillip Francis Charles

I am now predicting baby number #2 to be name:
Philip Francis Charles
(That is if Prince Philip will allow it.)

Off chance of a girl or twins. (boy/girl)
Elizabeth Alexandra Victoria

I am rooting for a girl this time. No idea on godparents but I would think Harry would be asked this time.

For a girl I hope Charlotte is chosen as its a Royal name and hasn't been used for a long time.

If it's another boy then I would love to see Arthur chosen.

Harder to say with a second child. I also have a feeling it will be a second son, maybe because the morning sickness is so strong. I'd predict a name that hasn't been used in the family, followed by family middle names. It will probably be a name they just like and one that is fashionable with their upperclass friends. Frederick or Oliver, perhaps.

Maybe Frederick Philip Charles for a boy.

For a girl, I'd bet on Alice, Alexandra or Victoria as the first name and I'm not sure they'll include Diana. They also might consider Alexandra already taken because of Princess Alexandra and lady Louise has Alice as her middle name.

Victoria Elizabeth

Last edited:
I am wondering whether they might go with a hyphenated name for a girl such as Princess Elizabeth-Diana with Catherine or Carole as a second name (or even Camilla).

As for a boy - no ideas at the moment.

I like Victoria or Charlotte for a girl. I'm not sure about a boys name yet.

For a girl I like Victoria, Alexandra or Charlotte as a first name.

For a boy I like Alexander, Phillip, Arthur or Frederick as a first name.

I, too, thought Frederick but changed my mind as it sounded too "German".

Surely we are past that whole 'too German' thing?

LaRae

I think they will have another Boy. I am going with James for Boy and Victoria for Girl

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Surely we are past that whole 'too German' thing?

LaRae

I agree, RF heritage isn't going to change so names and their origin aren't going to change a lot.

Did anyone go back and look thru the thread for George and see if anybody actually got it right for George Alexander Louis? A lot of people probably had George but not the other 2. Or the just 3 names.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Did anyone go back and look thru the thread for George and see if anybody actually got it right for George Alexander Louis? A lot of people probably had George but not the other 2. Or the just 3 names.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I don't remember who but a member guessed both George and Alexander

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom