Possible Names for the 2nd Child of the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I think they would not want there to be any imagined slight by only assigning 2 names when George has 3.

LaRae

I say Alice from the mother to prince phillip.

Three or four names seem the norm:

Charles Philip Arthur George Mountbatten-Windsor (4)
Anne Elizabeth Alice Louise Mountbatten-Windsor (4)
Andrew Albert Christian Edward Mountbatten-Windsor 4)
Edward Anthony Richard Louis Mountbatten-Windsor (4)

William Arthur Philip Louis Mountbatten-Windsor (4)
Henry Charles Albert David Mountbatten-Windsor (4)
Beatrice Elizabeth Mary Mountbatten-Windsor (3)
Eugenie Victoria Helena Mountbatten-Windsor (3)
Louise Alice Elizabeth Mary Mountbatten-Windsor (4)
James Alexander Philip Theo Mountbatten Windsor (4)

George Alexander Louis Mountbatten-Windsor (3)

Depends on what names i think. If her name is Elizabeth Diana, it's 2 very powerful names in the British royal history and there would be no need for more "less known names".

Queen Alexandra was never on time and since this baby was late, they can honor her tardiness by naming her Alexandra. Or they can name her late.

Lavinia Alexandra Theodora Elizabeth.

I would be shocked if Elizabeth is not among her names, but I doubt it will be her first name.

Possible Names for the 2nd Child of the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge

Queen Alexandra was never on time and since this baby was late, they can honor her tardiness by naming her Alexandra. Or they can name her late.

Lavinia Alexandra Theodora Elizabeth.

I heard about that before. I am sure that must have drove her mother in law crazy lol.

William said he would remind George of his tardiness when he was older, Alexander is a feminine version of Alexandra

Last edited:
Here's my guess for the names:
Charlotte Elizabeth Mary
Charlotte Alexandra Mary
Adelaide Victoria Elizabeth/Louisa

Well, 'Prince Harry' was definitely a breach with tradition (I know he is formally Prince Henry).
I would not say so. The third son of King George V., the Duke of Gloucester was also named Henry.

Not in the British royal family but there is a Princess Lavinia walking around

Andreas Karađorđević, Prince of Serbia (1929 x 1990)
x
Kira Melita Feodora Marie Victoria Alexandra, Princess of Leiningen (1930-2005)
=
Lavinia Maria Karađorđević, Princess of Serbia (1961)

I would not say so. The third son of King George V., the Duke of Gloucester was also named Henry.

Yes, Prince Henry. Not "Prince Harry" in public. Imagine King Harry VIII and his six wives.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, Prince Henry. Not "Prince Harry" in public. Imagine King Harry VIII and his six wives.

There was another Prince Henry of Wales, son of James I. He died in 1612 and thats how we end up with Charles I. Well, after Henry VIII.

There was another Prince Henry of Wales, son of James I. He died in 1612 and thats how we end up with Charles I. Well, after Henry VIII.

But he was actually the Prince of Wales and not Prince Henry of Wales.

The Duke of Gloucester was referred to as Harry to his family. The press and public was much more formal back then. No would have thought to use nicknames or even first name like they do now.

My guess

Charlotte Elizabeth Matilda

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Cecilia Rose Elizabeth - that baby reminded me of the Queen Mother when I saw her.

You know George's names spell out GAL it's was a prediction of a princess . What will the new princess names predicted next - CAT, DOG, BOY?

You know George's names spell out GAL it's was a prediction of a princess . What will the new princess names predicted next - CAT, DOG, BOY?

Louisa Ursula Patricia.... think about that for a minute...:D

Henry VIII was often called Harry. It's a very traditional nickname for Henry used several times in royal history.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

The Duke of Gloucester was referred to as Harry to his family. The press and public was much more formal back then. No would have thought to use nicknames or even first name like they do now.

My guess

Charlotte Elizabeth Matilda

I think that royals have ALWAYS had nicknames; King George VI was always known as "Bertie" to the family (I think he went by Prince Albert until becoming king), Prince Albert Victor was "Eddy," and Queen Elizabeth was "Lilibet." I think it's just slightly unusual for a prince to be primarily known in public by his nickname- Prince Harry instead of Prince Henry.

I would love it if they'd honor the PoW by calling her "Charlotte" but I've heard that the BRF considers Charlotte an unlucky name. :sad:

Maybe "Caroline"? That way both Charles and Carole Middleton could be honored?;)

Otherwise, Elizabeth Alexandra or Alexandra Elizabeth would be perfect, imo.

Well, wasn't Charles also an 'unlucky' name, bearing in mind the deadly execution of King Charles I and the problematic King Charles II ?

Almost every name has some unlucky moments in history. But I don't understand royal predjuce against John. Strong classic name, the most classic of all.

Well, wasn't Charles also an 'unlucky' name, bearing in mind the deadly execution of King Charles I and the problematic King Charles II ?

There are rumors (not sure how well-established) that Charles could possibly rule as King George VII instead of using the "unlucky" name of Charles III.

Almost every name has some unlucky moments in history. But I don't understand royal predjuce against John. Strong classic name, the most classic of all.

There have been King John's in the past so I wouldn't think there would be an issue with that name.

I remember when William was born they comedians came up with the bad joke that they were going to name him "Up" so they could write "Up, Chuck and Di" on the Christmas cards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom